Options

If you were a baseball player....

edited June 2007 in Strut Central
What song would play when you come to the plate? David Wright uses Big Pun's "Still Not a Playa", just the "I'm not a playa I just crush a lot" part. A lot of the Mets use reggaeton. Paul LoDuca uses old disco. Derek Jeter uses "Throw Some D's On It" by Richboy. I think Cliff Floyd used "Ridin' Dirty" at one point last year, which I found wholly inappropriate.I think I'd use Jeff Mills "Alarms".

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    AEROSMITH "SWEET EMOTION".

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    i thought it was both clever and corny that bernie williams would come out to 'disco inferno' specifically the "burn, baby, burn" part. really glad he didn't come out to his music though

if i was a slugger my at-bat music would be 'hand of doom'

• ANY SONG FROM DJ LOVE ON THE RUN'S 'FIRE KEEP ON BURNIN' CARIBBEAN DISCO MIX BECAUSE IT'S HOT LIKE BURNIN FIRE AND SO AM I

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Tenor Saw "Ring the Alarm" or GNR "Welcome to the Jungle"

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Van Halen "Unchained"

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    vanilla ice - ninja rap

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    The Jungle Bros. - JBeez Comin Through - Bonus Beats.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Van Halen "Unchained"

I'd come out to Syl Johnson "Different Strokes"

• ToeFunkToeFunk 90 Posts
    Well, I am a baseball player, and last season the coach's wifey volunteered to hook that up for us at every home game. I can't really remember what I had for when I hit ... I'm thinking that it was some braggadocious DJ track. When I came in to close though, I had her play the chorus to the Pete Rock Shut em Down Remix.

• loudwizardloudwizard 358 Posts
    Stones - "Can't You Hear Me Knocking"

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Ironsides alarm a la Kill Bill

• I'm comin out to the opening of ac/dc for those about to rock!!! bangin it LOUD!

Best use of music i'm hearing is that Ram Jam "Black Betty" track they play at yankee stadium when team starts bustin heads up with a lot of hits. I love hearing that heavy guitar.

• johnshadejohnshade 577 Posts
    the main ingredient - "MAGIC SHOES"

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    When I came in to close though, I had her play the chorus to the Pete Rock Shut em Down Remix.

Hell yeah...

I'd chose 'Runnin' with the Devil,' or The Fun Company, 'Zambezi'.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I'd like to see them play Bob Kuban's "The Cheater" when Barry Bonds comes to bat.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Kris Kross-Jump

• I think, in general, that EPMD's "So Watcha Sayin'" is kick-ass entrance music fodder.

• not sure what i'd want played but on the topic of baseball there was a local group called irm crew that released a 12'' rap single back in 86' titled baseball, great record too especially if you like the game, also i went to a traveling mlb hall of fame exhibit this past summer at a local museum and amongst all the memorabilia were a couple baseball related records including the intruders love is like a baseball game 7'' picture sleeve, thought that was pretty cool to see

• IronfeetIronfeet 516 Posts
    Against the Rival Team, Take It Personal - Gang Starr

Rookie Seaon, Just Ta Get a Rep - Gang Starr

When Batting Clean Up, Come Clean - Gang Starr

and when bases loaded - Momment of Truth Gang Starr

In need of a Rally instead of Rally Caps - Any NWA cut!

After getting hit by a pitch - Walk on By - Issac Hayes

I really like the Pete Rock Remix of Shut'em Down =

But for Starting ain't nothing like Curtis "I'm your Pusher"

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

I'd use "The Boss" by James Brown.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Lee Dorsey - Four Corners

This year, my brother asked me what the sound man should play before he pitched (TIU in the NAIA). We both agreed that Screamin' Jay Hawkins' "I Put A Spell On You" fit the bill nicely.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Limp Bizkit- My Way

• jaybreeziejaybreezie 161 Posts
    I always thought Ultramagnetics Poppa Large would be good sports intro music. That shit is pure hype.

Best 9th inning closer music was Octavio Dotel during his brief stint with the A's using PE - Shut Em Down.

So logical and yet I've never heard any body else use it.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    main source "friendly game of baseball", but just the gunshot and the awwwwww schitt

either that or any thing from amy whitehouse's "black to back" lp. i don't know if she's been talked about on this forum yet, but she very well may be the graetest white chick ever