South Bronx, the south south Bronx!

Comments

• SHIT YES.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    GRANDMA DYNAMITE MOTHERFUCKERS

P FLUID OWNS YOU ALL

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

HELLS TO THE YES!!!!!!

Im friends w/ the second incarnation lead vocalist - Jeff Broadnax.

• downtown72downtown72 125 Posts
    ehh.

not to beef, but i would definitely file this under "did NOT age well".

addendum: see Living Color, post Bad Brains 1st LP, and most "heavy" punk/funk/metal african-american lead acts of the 90's.

Now before anyone cries (but go ahead anyways), I just think amongst a lot of the really bad music trends of the 90's, this wave of Bad Brains inspired metal/funk bands (later paving the way for such greats as Limp B, Sum 41, ad nauseum), were in hindsight, really bad. Hell, even Bad Brains I Against I (which i dont think aged that great) was still better than their attempt at "speed metal/funk & H.R. reggae stuff"

and yeah.

*There were some guys i think called "Freejah" that played at Cal State Northridge when I went there in '91 and the Spyz may have played too. Loved 'em then. CSUN lunchtime shows ruled...

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    ehh.

addendum: see Living Color, post Bad Brains 1st LP, and most "heavy" punk/funk/metal african-american lead acts of the 90's.

Now before anyone cries (but go ahead anyways), I just think amongst a lot of the really bad music trends of the 90's, this wave of Bad Brains inspired metal/funk bands (later paving the way for such greats as Limp B, Sum 41, ad nauseum), were in hindsight, really bad. Hell, even Bad Brains I Against I (which i dont think aged that great) was still better than their attempt at "speed metal/funk & H.R. reggae stuff"

and yeah.

*There were some guys i think called "Freejah" that played at Cal State Northridge when I went there in '91 and the Spyz may have played too. Loved 'em then. CSUN lunchtime shows ruled...

Hey
    THREAD KILLER,whats your contribution to the music world?

You ain't from DOWNTown
    cuz you ain't down
    For a guy who doesn't want to start beef why don't you keep your half assed racist opinions to your lame ass hipster self
    or

in other werds

SHUT tHE FUCKUP and GO BACK TO CAL STATE IF YOU GOT NOTHING POSITIVE TO SAY BITCH-ER

(later paving the way for such greats as Limp B, Sum 41, ad nauseum), were in hindsight, really bad

BAN

• downtown72downtown72 125 Posts
    whoah man.

figured i'd just post my take on a band YOU posted about on a PUBLIC message board. didnt mean to kill your reminiscing buzz.

everything else on SS seems up for debate, but diss the SPYZ????

plus the ultimate cut-n-paste SS comeback!

standard highlights:

- whats your contribution to the music world?
    - you ain't down
    - racist opinions
    - lame ass hipster

and end on a great diss:

- "or in other werds
    SHUT tHE FUCKUP and GO BACK TO CAL STATE IF YOU GOT NOTHING POSITIVE TO SAY BITCH-ER"

kool. no worries. enjoy the outside world for a moment.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    ehh.

Funk and rock didn't mesh that well for me in the 80's/90's...

You sure?

• Funk and rock didn't mesh that well for me in the 80's/90's...

You sure?

are you really, really sure??

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts

Not feelin it.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    24-7 Spyz were the shit for a minute but I, also, am afraid that if I were to revisit it that it would not have aged well.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts

You sure?

are you really, really sure??

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

yup- pretty positive. Just not my groove.

• autoauto 198 Posts

Not feelin it.
    yea i got this one a couple years ago and wasnt feeling it. Dont know where it is now i think i got rid of it

Not feelin it.
    yea i got this one a couple years ago and wasnt feeling it. Dont know where it is now i think i got rid of it

I returned to this shit last night and i still liked it. Dudes were doin shit before Rage. The Hip Hop references felt much more realer than the other rock dudes tryin to borrow & mesh styles.

Pillage - the changes on that song is crazy.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    24-7 Spyz were the shit for a minute but I, also, am afraid that if I were to revisit it that it would not have aged well.

Now I'm scared to look for their first CD (it's here somewhere). I recall being VERY into it in 1989.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Broke my heart when so many hardcore bands (Murphys Law, Token Entry etc.) tried to get "funky" in the late 80s.