Just Alice/Elise?

Comments

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

As far as the instigating,that's not my intent.

Okay, I have to say that it kinda creeps me out that you keep all these Batman jpeg responses readily available.

Tell me, do you LARP?

LIGHTNING BOLT!!!!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Okay, I have to say that it kinda creeps me out that you keep all these Batman jpeg responses readily available.

That's the idea, punk.

That's the idea, punk.

Please PLEEEEEEASE tell me you're not wearing Batman underoos right now.

Codpiece, maybe?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

That's the idea, punk.

Please PLEEEEEEASE tell me you're not wearing Batman underoos right now.

Codpiece, maybe?

Your projecting......

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

It seems like all the women on SS scratch at each other.

wrong. i like bassie, neta, coselmed and alice. anna and stef are my girls.

as for me not digging elise, has nothing to do with being a woman. if you post stupid and/or annoying shit, you should accept that someone might say something about it. i honestly hadn't felt compelled to start shit until she started saying "you sound white" a ton last week and had the 'smite a white' avatar which i found oh so ironic and sad.

this thread is a joke cause you dudes instigate all the time. i can't help but believe this is meant to be a designated girlfight thread

anyway, i'm not going to feed the flame. i'll try to just silently cringe from now on like i did in the past. carry on

edith,

please prove when I said 'you sound white' a "ton" last week. The smite a white was in reference to Brian stating that I don't like black people. Which I took very personal...tried not to take to serious...which I have learned from the get go on this board. The Beckaelise can be a bad look as well since you are going with thte race thing. Is it because Im white you assume that? I dunno, but Im not going to place a judgement on you. Seems double standard

I don't care if you don't like me or do. Not everyone is going to like everybody. However, I think instigating schitt and trying to "say" something about what I am doing is just askin for trouble. I have ignored from Alice and YOU. But sometimes, you just gotta be like bitch, step. I don't know why it is such a problem to you(or others) that I stand up for myself. Seems crazy to me.

So, don't even try to pull the race bullshit. And don't put words in my mouth, so to say.

I do not instigate with you. My posts are not about you. My posts (until recently) are not about Alice. Do we notice something here?

thank you for your time.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

edith,

please prove when I said 'you sound white' a "ton" last week. The smite a white was in reference to Brian stating that I don't like black people. Which I took very personal...tried not to take to serious...which I have learned from the get go on this board. The Beckaelise can be a bad look as well since you are going with thte race thing. Is it because Im white you assume that?

uh, no. not because you are white but because the tone of your posts are annoyingly cheerleader and make you come off as a total nitwit. and also because i can picture you singing "lemme see yo check stub" like the girl in that video you posted.

glad we cleared that up

p.s. i never thought 'becky' was limited to white girls

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    nitwit

WORD OF THE DAY!

"Why I oughta..."

At the risk of sounding like I'm feeding this petty junior high nonsense, I have to say that my money's on the crafty AwwwDamn when the magic & mayhem at the mansion goes down.

She's gonna make the freshest styrofoam modeler's foam weapons and shit.

• Mel_GibsonMel_Gibson 664 Posts
    the tone of your posts are annoyingly cheerleader and make you come off as a total nitwit.
    I'm totally into that.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

i can picture you singing "lemme see yo check stub" like the girl in that video you posted.

damn thats a good one, funny though.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Alice/Elise/EdithDamn: post the best love PM you have received. A jury designated by myself will pick a winner and this fight will be over. Thank you. Let's start.

• and also because i can picture you singing "lemme see yo check stub" like the girl in that video you posted.

I would take this as a compliment. To think that someone in the internet universe is having a fantasy of you in a Youtube Assault video. I love the ghettotech.

You all should visit the Belle Isle Technicological University of Musicological Education. Or, at least visit Belle Isle when you're in town. It's not called Belle Isle for nuttin. It has America's oldest aquarium designed by Albert Kahn and he also designed the conservatory. Both are incredibly beautiful and over 100 years old. Plus the parties...

Do people hate the "Check Stub" song specifically - or DTown ghettotech in general? Just curious.

To the point: I've enjoyed records for many years and browsed soul strut for several years. I've scanned a large number of the posts as they arise here, and I fail to see what Elise has ever done that's so agregious.

She seems like an eager, earnest music appreciator. With a large number of actual record related posts (unlike a lotta people - uh, yeah, me included.)

Anyway, sure, she's posted her share of dumbshit. But certainly there are many way, way, WAY worse offenders.

I think the arguments are about something other than what they appear to be about on the surface.

Maybe people should examine why it REALLY is that they're rubbed the wrong way.

Like with most human interaction, prolly the root of the conflict goes back to ancient schoolyard rivalries about status and pecking order. And boys and girls.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Helllllllllo, everyone!

Do people hate the "Check Stub" song specifically - or DTown ghettotech in general? Just curious.

i don't know too much about the genre but the reason why i didn't like it is because it simply was an annoying track to me and sound of those vocals feel like a jackal picking at my brain. just really painful. i also don't like the word ghetto being used as a synonym for 'raunchy' or "trashy" especially when it comes to dance music. sorry i just think that's lame. reminds me of these valley girls in my high school fetishizing jewelry accessories of shoddy quality and saying "oh this is SO ghetto. i love it!"

Like with most human interaction, prolly the root of the conflict goes back to ancient schoolyard rivalries about status and pecking order. And boys and girls.

i think you are overanalyzing.

• p.s. i never thought 'becky' was limited to white girls

hahha!!! this has to be the most annoying character on any show that i can remember over the past 10 years... she is with her lil side role.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    like a jackal picking at my brain.

JACKAL: HOTT OR NOTT?

• Options
    At the risk of sounding like I'm feeding this petty junior high nonsense, I have to say that my money's on the crafty AwwwDamn when the magic & mayhem at the mansion goes down

• Options

and also because i can picture you singing "lemme see yo check stub" like the girl in that video you posted.

I would take this as a compliment. To think that someone in the internet universe is having a fantasy of you in a Youtube Assault video. I love the ghettotech.

You all should visit the Belle Isle Technicological University of Musicological Education. Or, at least visit Belle Isle when you're in town. It's not called Belle Isle for nuttin. It has America's oldest aquarium designed by Albert Kahn and he also designed the conservatory. Both are incredibly beautiful and over 100 years old. Plus the parties...

To the point: I've enjoyed records for many years and browsed soul strut for several years. I've scanned a large number of the posts as they arise here, and I fail to see what Elise has ever done that's so agregious.

She seems like an eager, earnest music appreciator. With a large number of actual record related posts (unlike a lotta people - uh, yeah, me included.)

Anyway, sure, she's posted her share of dumbshit. But certainly there are many way, way, WAY worse offenders.

I think the arguments are about something other than what they appear to be about on the surface.

Maybe people should examine why it REALLY is that they're rubbed the wrong way.

Slow down nerdlinger, you forgot your footnotes.

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts

please prove when I said 'you sound white' a "ton" last week.

I'd say you could go back and check your own posts but the search function only goes back to 200.

Damn, a little bit of Deja vu. Pretending like it didn't happen or that you don't understand.

I think instigating schitt and trying to "say" something about what I am doing is just askin for trouble.

WOW. So no one is allowed to comment on what your "saying"........... gangster!

"But sometimes, you just gotta be like bitch, step."

I bite my tongue for weeks if not months at time. I get a little tipsy and her posts turn from attempted comedy to idiotic representations and responses. I can't help myself and yeah the boys point out each others negative points all the time, so how is it any different? You are all so shocked when a woman comes on here and says something you think is suddenly worthwhile and yet keep feeding Elise the bait.

Elise only knows how to speak Graemlin and Youtube. If it isn't that then it quickly becomes some kind of stupid racial joke or sexual innuendo. I mean Fuck at least SuperPoaster and Phillystress talk about things.....uhhhh sometimes. But SuperPoaster got the 4 hour ban, and Elise gets a free pass? please,

Again, I admit I am overly critical. I could have approached the other thread with kid gloves or I could have not said anything at all. So I'm sorry for not dealing with it in a more productive way. I will try not to keep things bottled up in the future though to prevent these kinds of things from happening. My apologies.

Wait! What Am I saying?! I can't go against human nature.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    At the risk of sounding like I'm feeding this petty junior high nonsense, I have to say that my money's on the crafty AwwwDamn when the magic & mayhem at the mansion goes down

Just saying, she can harass opponents on the perimeter like Bruce Bowen.

• i also don't like the word ghetto being used as a synonym for 'raunchy' or "trashy" especially when it comes to dance music. sorry i just think that's lame. reminds me of these valley girls in my high school fetishizing jewelry accessories of shoddy quality and saying "oh this is SO ghetto. i love it!"

Ghettotech is just the term of art. Coined by the artists (ex "Ghetto Tech Institute" label), by listeners and DJ's.

Not very PC. But I guess toeing the line of propriety / good taste is what makes lotsa music good / interesting.

Yeah, but it's true. Status-seeking is a pretty big motivator for most people. A site like this wouldn't exist without it (look how big my record collection is, look how much I know about music.)

I think Elise came along and upset the balance for a bit. When someone new and forceful enters a group, there is a bit of scrambling and, uh, "scratching" as everyone tries to figure out their place before the dust settles.

NOW I've overanalyzed!

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    i also don't like the word ghetto being used as a synonym for 'raunchy' or "trashy" especially when it comes to dance music. sorry i just think that's lame. reminds me of these valley girls in my high school fetishizing jewelry accessories of shoddy quality and saying "oh this is SO ghetto. i love it!"

Ghettotech is just the term of art. Coined by the artists (ex "Ghetto Tech Institute" label), by listeners and DJ's.

Not very PC. But I guess toeing the line of propriety / good taste is what makes lotsa music good / interesting.

dude! We are not arguing about ghettotech (which I love, btw), we are trying to have a girlfight!

Hi bitches!

Yeah, but it's true. Status-seeking is a pretty big motivator for most people. A site like this wouldn't exist without

i disagree completely and think this is a major oversimplification. i don't believe everyone comes to this board to brag about how many records they own. what about the community aspect of it and discussing artists you like with like-minded music fans? i've made some good friends here because of having stuff in common, this shit ain't a competition to me. it's not about the object fetishism of owning records and bragging about them - i like the fandom aspect of this site the most and meeting people who are passionate about the same shit. as much as it is tongue-in-cheek recently with all this rock talk here, it's lead the way for some quality discourse about some of these bands and their influences.

status schmatus. i don't feel threatened by elise at all nor want to be seen as the queen of soulstrut. it's just her posts have a really low signal-to-noise ratio and it's really as simple as me finding those shallow posts stifling like pop-ups. i would probably show her some respect if she eased up on the graemlin & cosigning and actually brought some quality discourse/humor to the table. actually, i don't even expect that much. it would be cool if she would just think before she posted i just get this hyperactive pomeranian bouncing all over the place vibe and i know i'm not the only one. a friend of mine once said to me "yeah i guess pomeranian are a little cute, but sometimes you wanna just grab them and be like 'smarten up, don't you realize what's going on around you?'

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    whats a pomeranrium

• Ok girls, your not best friends. I could not help posting this maybe you'll crack a smile... at the end of the day all three of you are not going anywhere, so bury the body and get over the spilt blood already.

• whats a pomeranrium

pomeranian = those lil shit fluffy dogs that mostly women want to own, due to them being "cute" i suppose...

Ok girls, your not best friends. I could not help posting this maybe you'll crack a smile... at the end of the day all three of you are not going anywhere, so bury the body and get over the spilt blood already.

That song makes no fucking sense.

But I ain't gonna lie, I was jamming out to it or like the first minute or so.

Real is how I keeps it.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Ok girls, your not best friends. I could not help posting this maybe you'll crack a smile... at the end of the day all three of you are not going anywhere, so bury the body and get over the spilt blood already.

That song makes no fucking sense.

But I ain't gonna lie, I was jamming out to it or like the first minute or so.

Real is how I keeps it.

yeah, wtf!!! Come on Barbie, Lets go party!

ok i just looked up ghettotech cause i'm not so well-versed in the non-rock dept these days and realized i met disco d once years ago. that guy was surprisingly one of those most amiable people i've met in the music industry. it was refreshing at a time i was like "why am i doing this this? this is fucking retarded" and jaded as hell with all the netowrking shmoozing bullshit. that dude was nice as hell and his personality was radically different from the stuff i heard him play out. i didn't even realize he died this year.

alright, sorry i'm bumming myself and everyone out but this is shocking to me.

• Slow down nerdlinger, you forgot your footnotes.

status schmatus.

Just found this interesting article on status seeking in online communities. I still say that's what all the beefing and scratching ultimately derives from:

Exerpt (put your smartypants and intelligentshirt on):

"More generally, in online forums participants textually converse with each other "as if" they are actually present in a specific place (Burnett, Dickey, Kazmer, & Chudoba, 2003). As contributors narrate their consumption experiences, others form a picture of contributors' virtual self. This picture, however, is composed of both the objective content of the narratives, and the subjective sympathy associating with the emoting that is embedded in the narration. If in modern society consumption is strongly linked to self-actualization (if not self promotion), then the recounting of consumption experience is a key vehicle whereby individuals attempt to convey persuasively to others where they stand socially. In online communication, this recounting uses textual communication that is often embellished with symbols that are popularly referred to as "emoticons." These act as communicative gestures that substitute for body language and other emotional gestures in real-world settings. Through them individuals are able to simulate social presence in a virtual context (Gudergan, Josserand, & Pitsis, 2005).

Thus, to summarize, in online communities the recounting of consumption experience is often part and parcel of virtual identity formation. Given the social dynamics of modern society, this identity formation is often shaped by status seeking. Within the relative safety of online experience (compared to real settings), individuals can project identities that are closer to their ideal self. Inevitably this process elicits powerful emotions on the part of those who engage in the process. These emotions are central to the motivation that sustains online participation in conditions where freely-given information does not necessarily result in tangible benefits to those who labor to provide them."

Here's the link: http://jcmc.indiana.edu/vol12/issue2/lampel.html