WIPERS

edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
ok i'm being really sincere here.THIS IS MY SHITif you're gonna talk about nirvana and grunge, it's only fair

Comments

• vajdaijvajdaij 447 Posts
    ok i'm being really sincere here.

THIS IS MY SHIT

if you're gonna talk about nirvana and grunge, it's only fair

HELL YEAH

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    PORTLAND STAND UP?

i heart greg sage

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    SAGE SIBLINGS. GUESS WHICH ONE IS GREG[/b]

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    i'm gonna go with the tall ass one

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    i'm gonna go with the tall ass one

CIRCA THEN AND CIRCA MUCH LATER[/b]

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    When I was 13 in 1982, I was a member in good standing of the local Unitarian Youth group which a had a large contingent of punk rock kids. They were impossibly cool with their trench coats, combat boots and dyed hair. At one overnight, punk rocker John Wheeler pulled out one of those old school cassette players from his trench coat. You know the ones cops would record confessions on in 70s crime shows, the ones you had to hit the play and record button simultaneously to get them to record. John slid a tape titled "fuck everything" into the deck, pressed play and said, In the most earnest of voices, "This song was number one in England for 4 days. They're called the Wipers. They're from Portland." Shit sounded so good. I wanted to get a copy but had no idea where anybody would get such contraband.

Recently, I stumbled on this gem. It's Greg Sage's first recording, made when he was 17 years old in 1971. Sage backs old school pro-wrestling legend Beauregarde. Jackpot records has rereleased the record but this is the raerer pic sleeve single. The music is actually pretty good. For more info on the Beauregarde LP and single go here. The pic sleeve is for sale if anyone is interested.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket [url=http://www.zenorecords.com/beauregarde/menu.htm]