FAITH NO MORE

HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
All these threads dredged up this from my memory:

Comments

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    i used to live wit the baseplayers girlfriend. I think they are married now. He was a really nice guy, bought a bunch of houses on the haight with his monies.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    Had friends that love this group. I never could liten to them.

• Faith no more was awsome. Some of mike pattons other bands were cool to. Mr. bungle, tomahawk. The only project he did that I do not like is Peeping Thom.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    WHATTHEWHATTHEFUCK.
    faith no more is one of my favorites evar.
    Their later albums were especially good, and sold like crap. "Album of the Year" is a great LP that does not get nearly enough shine, (as is "King for a Day, Fool for a Lifetime".)

only read on if you want to kill some time.
    I was actually thinking about faith no more today as a result of all of these old band threads, too. Specifically, I remembered getting a ride to high school from a friend of mine named Ryan that drove a 1982 Datsun 4x4 pickup with about 250,000 miles on it. The damn thing would not die, burned about 1/2 pint of oil every day and had this really weird smell. It got broken into constantly (to the point at which this friend would hang a paper sign on the dash (since the passenger window was broken out) that read: PLEASE STOP BREAKING INTO MY TRUCK. I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING LEFT TO STEAL). We would bring a boom box in the truck when the radio was ripped out of the dash, and listen to "Angel Dust" constantly, which is a fantastic album to be listening to as a junior in high school as the freezing rain came through the broken out passenger window, but I digress--
    Ryan had this knack for replacing lyrics in songs with obvious rhyming schemes and would repeat them whenever the song was played so his dumbass rhymes would be in your head, literally what you were hearing while the song would play. (Examples include "lookin' at my fat whore" for the chorus of Creedence's "lookin out my back door").
    The song "Jizzlobber" on Angel Dust is one of my favorites, especially the screamed chorus: I HIDE MY DIRTY MINUTES UNDER MY DIRTY MATTRESS AND THEY ARE MAKING ME ITCH, MY TIME IS SPILT MILK, but the first lyrics of the first verse start "It was only a lump in a sentence" and to this day, thanks to Ryan, I still hear "Little son that I love, little Sanchez".

If you really like bungle, check out Patton's "Fantomas" project.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    This is surely an unpopular opinion...but I always like Chuck Moseley Faith No More better than Mike Patton Faith No More.

This is surely an unpopular opinion...but I always like Chuck Moseley Faith No More better than Mike Patton Faith No More.
    I literally just pointed at my computer screen, directly at your post, and said, "BOOOOOOOOOOO!"

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    What bout' their cover of "Easy" by The Commodores.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    yes! one band that I wouldnt mind seeing a reunion of. probably will never happen though.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

Actually, I think after they initially blew up a lot of folks were saying this. Early fans thought Patton ruined it.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    here play this on your next hangover morning

http://www.divshare.com/download/1044531-543

that shit is awesome.
    love that cover.