She motioned to me
    That she wanted to leave
    And go somewhere warm
    Where we'd be alone

a grunge-erotica classic

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    another grunge late night movie

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I have seriously had this fucking Temple of the Dog song in my head ALL DAY today because of this. Fuckers!

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    "why yall dissing it - I, I kinda like it."

"maybe if you was to put it on 45 so I can dance to it"

"WHAT ARE THEY SAYIN?????"

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    props to eddie vedder's leather vest. That shit is comedy of the highest order. Props to Cornell's heavy metal lung power, shit is the realest. You all need to bow down to the power of the TEMPLE. I'M Going HunGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYY, yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

B/w

I'd like to personally thank Pearl Jam for going underground all those years ago. Thus, sparing us more video carnage like above.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    The video really has everything. Flannel (lots of it!), a down vest, funny hats, Eddie Vedder's disaffected rap hand pimp slap, Chris Cornell's pencil-thin 'stache, a bonfire (!), cloudy weather, a lighthouse, driftwood... My only complaint was that they should've shot a coffee shop or at least some coffee beans.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    The video really has everything. Flannel (lots of it!), a down vest, funny hats, Eddie Vedder's disaffected rap hand pimp slap, Chris Cornell's pencil-thin 'stache, a bonfire (!), cloudy weather, a lighthouse, driftwood... My only complaint was that they should've shot a coffee shop or at least some coffee beans.

that is not down, that is leather with zippers, my brother. The hair is also

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I think the bass player dude is wearing Gore-Tex which is the sine qua non of NW fashion. So ill.

Thread of the year

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    This is a great thread.

I remember when the Temple of the Dog Cd came out and how I was like "wow it does get worse than Pearl Jam". It was like the CSNY of grunge. When I was working in a used CD shop in the late 90's there were so many fucking used copies of this shit that is was SCARY.

this is fucking hilarious. way back when i was trying to unload some cds to a used cd/record shop downtown toronto and among the cds i was ditching was alice in chain's "dirt" and temple of dog. the guy was hesistant to take them originally because reading the back of the cd it said that they were "manufactured by COLUMBIA HOUSE". haha what a stooge. those cds have to be the most least played cds ive ever owned in my life, i think i listened to them 1 and a half times...just like my suicidal tendencies cassette.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

oh it's vedder that does the pimp slap! this post is tops, but you leftout "singing in a field". i also like the part when the two guys look like they are going to fall over after the first beereyow

oh it's vedder that does the pimp slap! this post is tops, but you leftout "singing in a field".

Indeed, it's so necessary

i also like the part when the two guys look like they are going to fall over after the first beereyow

DUUUUDE THAT WAS HEAVY

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    This is a great thread.

I remember when the Temple of the Dog Cd came out and how I was like "wow it does get worse than Pearl Jam". It was like the CSNY of grunge. When I was working in a used CD shop in the late 90's there were so many fucking used copies of this shit that is was SCARY.

this is fucking hilarious. way back when i was trying to unload some cds to a used cd/record shop downtown toronto and among the cds i was ditching was alice in chain's "dirt" and temple of dog. the guy was hesistant to take them originally because reading the back of the cd it said that they were "manufactured by COLUMBIA HOUSE". haha what a stooge. those cds have to be the most least played cds ive ever owned in my life, i think i listened to them 1 and a half times...just like my suicidal tendencies cassette.

Haha! Yeah, there were so many Columbia House copies of those 2 CD's coming in daily back then that you literally had to tell people "no, you cannot even leave them here for free. you MUST take them away." There were a couple others like that, but Temple of the Dog was near the top.

GET IT HOW YOU LIVE

read the comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I have seriously had this fucking Temple of the Dog song in my head TWO DAYS because of this. Fuckers!

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    whitest Thread of the year

whitest Thread of the year

YOU DISS THE DOG, YOU DISS YOURSELF. KEEP IT REAL IN SAN BRUNO.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    this would be a great song to do "the karaoke" to. Its what, three notes?

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    whitest[/b]Thread of the year

YOU DISS THE DOG, YOU DISS YOURSELF. KEEP IT REAL IN SAN BRUNO.San Mateo[/b]

I wasn't raised like that/marquee?

It's true, white people are raised on grunge

YES!

• HamHam 872 Posts
    sup

• From watching MTV as a young youth I got the impression that there was a vast wilderness around Seattle that was populated by roaming grunge bands.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    sup

HAHAHA

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    another grunge late night movie

I know he's a Baldwin, but seriously... How does Stephen Baldwin get work?

• fauxteurfauxteur 342 Posts
    Eddie is standing in the tall weeds in that video like he went to pee and was inspired to sing

vocal shredd face
    he's got some quirky twitches a la Johnny Depp

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    I think the bass player dude is wearing Gore-Tex which is the sine qua non of NW fashion. So ill.

I was wondering about that ... thinking "what, the store was out of brown grunge coats?"

And I saw this CD in my rock band's drummer's car the other day (keeping it real related). It most certainly lead into a four man singalong of the highest order.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

And I saw this CD in my rock band's drummer's car the other day (keeping it real related). It most certainly lead into a four man singalong of the highest order.

please to post audio sip of the juice?