Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

• Options
    Saw this in three out of four dealers crates at a flea last weekend

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    very common around copenhagen thriftspots german $bin break/ schlager joint

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    Saw this in three out of four dealers crates at a flea last weekend

According to AMG, BJ did NOT play trumpet on this album.
    Why is he frontin' like he did?

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts

http://www.rollingstone.com/artists/emersonlakepalmer/albums/album/230108/review/5945471/love_beach

Love Beach isn't simply bad, it's downright pathetic. Stale and full of ennui, this album makes washing the dishes seem a more creative act by comparison. Greg Lake contributes a handful of tediously standardized song forms while taking his three-chord arias and bel canto blues as haughtily as though he were singing lyrics by Guiseppe Verdi, not Peter Sinfield. Keith Emerson delivers another rip-off from the classics and a side-long ballad. Reduced to being a session player in his own band, the latter's accompaniments now sound like advertising jingles.

Emerson's new meisterwork, "Memoirs of an Officer and a Gentleman," is more interesting than "Pirates" was, but only because its composer has elected to work out the timbre changes on his keyboards rather than employ an elephantine orchestra again. Melodically, the tune is as vague as it is pompous; harmonically, it's a heap of sterile romantic clich??s. That you can hear echoes of the ELP of old simply means that Emerson hasn't learned???or borrowed???a new riff in five years. Once more, Sinfield's lyrics are a grotesque embarrassment, probably accounting for Lake's wooden demeanor. (RS 286)

MICHAEL BLOOM

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts

"ANSWERING MACHINE" A LITTLE WHILE AGO I WENT & PLACED A CALL^*(&^((!!!!!!!!

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

However, its coolness is a matter for debate.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

that is not a dollar bin record. not in canada at least

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

I love this record.

Apparently Andy Warhol had a hand in the decision making for the final release , but this one is the original takes.... so many breaks on here it is brain-boggling[/b].

I love this record.

Apparently Andy Warhol had a hand in the decision making for the final release , but this one is the original takes.... so many breaks on here it is brain-boggling[/b].

Actually, I believe you are refering to this masterpiece. And yes, that is my copy:

Rookie mistake.

• bboyparkzbboyparkz 549 Posts

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

I love this record.

Actually, I believe you are refering to this masterpiece. And yes, that is my copy:

Rookie mistake.

Records are to mold not sold. Or sold not rolled. Wait, told not sold? Jonny, help us out.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

that is not a dollar bin record. not in canada at least
    get thyself to a southern california thrift store.
    LTD for days.
    Couldn't ask for more though, I think that it's a great record for that price.

Records are to mold not sold. Or sold not rolled. Wait, told not sold? Jonny, help us out.

I thought the game was to be bold, not old. But, that's just what I've deduced from context around here...