italy redux

tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
i know this has been done. but holler at a person about italian record stores worth checking out . im near bologna and i know black power closed down, but didnt they open up some new spots?much help appreciated. i got all the restaurant, beach , nightlife thing taken care of...wouldnt mind buying a record or two if is , how you say, possible.grazie,t

Comments

• Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts

ciao !

prova con questo !

HOT GROOVY RECORDS
    Via Marchesini n. 2/E
    40010 Calderara di Reno (Bologna) - ITALY
    Tl. +39 051724310 / 051724229 - Fx +39051724230
    [email]info@hotgroovyrecords.it[/email]

while in Bologna don't eat too many "piadina" !!!
    and say hello to Mike Patton if see him......

Ciao
    Strider

• Also, this is supposed to be THE spot in Milano (if you're ever around there sometime):

Buscemi Dischi
    C.so Magenta 31
    Milano, Lombardia, Italy
    Phone: 02-80410302

Hours:
    Monday 3:00PM-7:30PM
    Tuesday to saturday 9:30AM-2:00PM / 3:00PM-7:30PM
    Sunday CLOSED

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    perfect timing. Im leaving for Italy tommorow.

perfect timing. Im leaving for Italy tommorow.

what part of Italy ? center ?

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    any other stores in the northern/northwestern part of the country? i'll be in and around milan & genoa in july..

• I just got back from a business trip to Schwizz and Italy.... didn't have time to dig but had some delicious italian food. I already miss it,

Dress

• not sure if anybody has access to the old board messages, but i had posted (what i believed was) all the shops in florence. there were 4 or 5 if i recall correctly, and i left pics of what they looked like from the street and inside. if anybody can post it, please do!

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    how you say, possible.

Speaking of, how you say, Italian. Can someone translate and PM this to me? I think I got the "FUCK YOU" part figured out, it's just most of the rest of it. There's like 5 more pages...

seems like you cheated on her.....

it's really nothing outstanding.....it's the usual girls complain................

maybe there is some general form, that they fill adding the proper names, the proper places.......cause they all look the same

if you want a complete translation,5 pages it will cost you 5 Jimmy McGriff Joint
    (the Sonny lester era, of course)

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

if you want a complete translation,5 pages it will cost you 5 Jimmy McGriff Joint
    (the Sonny lester era, of course)

SIK!!!!

hey I was kidding !

can I translate here ?

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    Im mostly gonna be with Fam near florence/rome.

I wanna check out capri though. Ive never really been south of rome.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    Here's one I was last year:

Mipatrini
    Via Manzoni 370
    Ponte S. Giovanni

Thats a little town near Perugia in Umbria.
    Pretty nice shop, nothing to raer tho. I bought 9 records there but when I tried to make a deal with the owner about the price, he seemed very insulted and refused to do so...

There's also a recordstore across the road from this store which also has new records and some dollarbins.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    Here's one I was last year:

Mipatrini
    Via Manzoni 370
    Ponte S. Giovanni

tadaaa, this is in that shop.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    how you say, possible.

Speaking of, how you say, Italian. Can someone translate and PM this to me? I think I got the "FUCK YOU" part figured out, it's just most of the rest of it. There's like 5 more pages...

whoa. for real, rambling madness.hard to read all the handwriting. real rough and quick:

friends. friends, this dick! friends, why? i like doing thins with you but when i needed you where were you, bla bla, you were an asshole. fuck you
    Youre dope, i love doing things with you. but if you think youre cute, guess what? you dont make me laugh at all. in fact, you make me sick! you and your friend, mike. whats up with him? you want to marry him? i was mistaken about you when i really didnt even know you cause youre really an asshole, egotistical baby. and im just stupid for being in love with you.

that shit is hot.

strider, thanks for the bologna connects. i usually check dimar, too. i didnt see dick in rome, but i didnt really look to hard. all about looking at the roman godesses in every shop and walking down every street. gotttamn!! ive been drinking wine all day everyday. caught up with my roman cousins and went to a capleton concert on a borrowed motorino. snuck into a bottero exhibit before the opening (in shorts and sneaks, right before all these tuxedoed dudes and evening gown ladies) and saw his abu ghraib paintings. ill.
    ive been in the country since then, nelle marche, close to heaven. kids i grew up with opened an osteria so i ate all kinds of food and wine last night till 5am. today walked in the countryside, climbed trees to pick cherrries and ate more cheese and wine. people out here are so fucking onpoint. shit is dope sope dope. country girls slamming too...alot of the ones i grew up with got kids or got married. ooof.
    arright. shit is dope. allright.peace soulstrut.see you in a week

strider, where you at in italy? email me if youre anywhere around here. aeioubeats yahoo.com

bewell,t

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    how you say, possible.

whoa. for real, rambling madness.hard to read all the handwriting. real rough and quick:
    that shit is hot.

friends. friends, this dick! friends, why? i like doing thins with you but when i needed you where were you, bla bla, you were an asshole. fuck you
    Youre dope, i love doing things with you. but if you think youre cute, guess what? you dont make me laugh at all. in fact, you make me sick! you and your friend, mike. whats up with him? you want to marry him? i was mistaken about you when i really didnt even know you cause youre really an asshole, egotistical baby. and im just stupid for being in love with you.

Damn Tony. You almost made me cry. I need to holler at you about those other 5 pages. For the record, Mike and I might have kissed, but we never intended to marry. And this girl absolutely crushed me. Say 'ello to her while in Italy, please.

(File Under: Biggest Mistake)

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    Sorry to drag this thread back up, but anybody have more info on florence stores? Gotta be within walking distance of the town centre / train station too.

I found one, a place called "super records", but haven't dropped by yet. Mainly looking for good european (french, italian) jazz of the funky or free varieties. Checked out some street sellers but they had just lots of BOSTON & herb alpert for 5 or 6 euros. yup. Thanks in advance...

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Italian taste in music. ahhhhh. Florence, I am not sure about, but I lived in Roma for a little while and didnt find shit. I must admit I didnt look too hard I was too busy stairing at Italian Girls and eating. Have fun though, Italy is great. Must be crazy hot their right now. If you go to Rome their is a great jazz club called Alexander Platz. It might be closed in the summer though so find out first.

• i posted this a long time ago but it was erased, so i will attempt to remember as best as i can...

there is a store inside (one floor down) the train station. although they only sold reissues when i was there last summer, they might have changed their set-up. other than that, there are THREE stores of interest there out of the 5 i had visited. keep in mind florence is small, and you can walk easily from place to place within 20 minutes (or much less). one of the stores, DATA RECORDS, is the affiliate of the store in the train station. ask them when you're there about their other location and they'll help you out. they have a nice selection in the back room and it's worthwhile to pay em a visit.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

data records is closer by the water. my memory is very blurry about where the other two stores are, but i will attempt to explain. the names of the stores are ROCK BOTTOM and SOME OLD DUDE. okay, maybe that's not the name of the second store, but that's who runs it and the store didn't have a name. both stores are within 3 minutes of eachother and are in the direction away from the water, where data records is. both stores have a lot of stock and you should definitely pay them both a visit. rock bottom prices are not rock bottom, but they're nice folks and will probably cut you a deal. same goes for the old dude. here are 3 pics of rock bottom and the old dude. enjoy you trip to the fullest and spend as much time in florence as you possibly can.

Rock Bottom

Some Old Dude

please don't spend all your time looking for records

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    Grazi! If you are ever in Florida I will put you up on some spots We are in town for another 24 hours or so because the train strike made our time here longer. Beautiful city!

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    this thread was dope. i want more bambouche contextualization plaese.

anyone hava any updates on ital stores? pastafrolla still runnin shit?

ima be there in late july eating quelle piade fatte di strutto

• if you check out Capri you will have to take the boat from Napoli and across the street from the port right near the castle there is a ill spot for 45s and they have some lps too. All the records are outside in bins in front of the place. I collect Italian 45s and hit that spot hard. I would love to go back ! I will try and get a name of the spot for you when I get to my house I think I kept the bag.