Ask me about German records... 2

Comments

• yes. there are many good funky big band records.

rc&b, big band soul - soul extra-vaganza, klaus lenz - big band on muza, round house (brassy jazz rock, orchester heinz kiessling (quadriga, fan, etc), orchester peter herbolzheimer on panther, orchestra peter herbolzheimer on wpl, some max greger records, etc

• planlessplanless 819 Posts
    oight, that was quick
    i??ll watch out for the things, except herbolzheimer. i checked about 10 lps from him,
    sry his shit didn??t impress me. dunno if the panther or wbl record was included.

• oight, that was quick
    i??ll watch out for the things, except herbolzheimer. i checked about 10 lps from him,
    sry his shit didn??t impress me. dunno if the panther or wbl record was included.

hm, i think wide open and waitaminute on mps are great records. some of the best european big band stuff ever recorded. i forgot about certain lions and tigers. also a herbolzheimer production.

there are many records by those schlager jazz guys (greger, kuhn, etc) that have one or two nice tracks. but it's still tough to fin quality funky big band music.

there are great libraries. many of the good bosworth recordings are german. brunke and co. you might like the jubel trubel heiterkeit lp on BAYER. the aspirin guys. most of the names on the bosworth records are fake. even ehrlinger has a super funky record on conroy. afro funk to the fullest. no joke

and what about Claudio Szenkar with his track Miss Fenjala? is this only a 10 seconds phenomenon . i asked about it some weeks ago too. but maybe you know more. did claudio recorded more nice tracks? was miss fenjala relased on vinyl or not?

• i think there are very good french, british, belgian, danish, dutch or italian records in the funky big band genre.

for example, daniel janin, ivan jullien or jaun claude pelletier.

i really like the q1 on quadriga. heinz kiessling and peter jacques. jazzman reissued two tracks from the q1 lp.

• and what about Claudio Szenkar with his track Miss Fenjala? is this only a 10 seconds phenomenon . i asked about it some weeks ago too. but maybe you know more. did claudio recorded more nice tracks? was miss fenjala relased on vinyl or not?

i have no idea. i think some of the pop shopping tracks came straight from master tapes. some songs might have been released on obscure flexi discs or something. i know a store that has commercial related 45s, but most of them are crap. that stuff is hard to find and i think some pop shopping tracks have never ever been released officially.

but i know for example that the negresco soundtrack by doldinger was released on a very obscure label. the records were meant to be a gift for customers of a big supermarket or something...

even the first rishkas soul lp by dauner was at first a free giveaway.

• even austria had funkier big bands than germany. orf big band and friends. johannes fehring etc

^^ and again thanks for the fast answer about claudio. PROPS

yeah i have them all, but let??s concentrate on the german things pls

• ^^ and again thanks for the fast answer about claudio. PROPS

yeah i have them all, but let??s concentrate on the german things pls

please to define funky big band

you mean large orchestras only? with ?? horn section and such?

there isn??t much to explain
    if its good then it??s good, so easy. nah there don??t have to be seperate horn section or drum breaks or whatever, just nice music.
    and yes the austria stuff is nice too. extreme nice.

and what about europhon? is there something good on it?

i know many questions today, but that??s the way you wanted it.

• there isn??t much to explain
    if its good then it??s good, so easy. nah there don??t have to be seperate horn section or drum breaks or whatever, just nice music.

maybe you like the dave kamien - terra contact on h??rzu? i think it's a very good german big band record.

europhon has three or four ok-ish records. i have one that sounds like a jimmy smith recording. they even mention him in the liner notes. it was supposed to sound like that. i couldn't find it yesterday. i'll let you know tomorrow. but overall, eurphon is no good.

ambros seelos recorded some nice big band tunes, but i decided to sell the ones i found, because overall, they are very cheesy. mostly just one good track.

• teddyrossoteddyrosso 268 Posts
    1. Funk you very much
    2. Bahia next year
    3. Missing link

1. Circus gambet
    2. Hypnotic pignose
    3. Slums on wheels (killer)

Are you sure there issue of this on MPS, this one looks like a special
    pressing thing ..

yup, that looks like a special pressing. seems to be a selection of tracks from earlier Kriegel MPS albums (Inside: Missing Link, Topical Harvest & Octember variations.

Yeah the names are familiar from previous albums, but I think this is a special session .. a different recording. Will post audio so we can compare ..

maybe you like the dave kamien - terra contact on h??rzu? i think it's a very good german big band record.

yes it??s nice. the watermelon man version is ok, not the best one but ok. i like dead ringer from the album. was this song released under a different name on a lib too? cus everytime i listen to it i must think about it.

europhon has three or four ok-ish records. i have one that sounds like a jimmy smith recording. they even mention him in the liner notes. it was supposed to sound like that. i couldn't find it yesterday. i'll let you know tomorrow. but overall, eurphon is no good.

aight, i asked cause i have a box with europhon records but i removed it into the cellar. not sure if it??s complete must be about 25 pieces. to many records not enuff time. is the series complete? i can??t find any info on the net.
    i skipped through them but what i heard wasn??t good.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    What about Fredy Brock? Two good tracks on that one...and also of course the staff carpenborg...had the luck to find it for 75c 3 weeks ago in my local store down the street...

ambros seelos recorded some nice big band tunes, but i decided to sell the ones i found, because overall, they are very cheesy. mostly just one good track.

yep to much tango

...and also of course the staff carpenborg...

that??s a musthave, sadly mine isn??t in the best condition but on the other side it was real cheapy.

• ...and also of course the staff carpenborg...

that??s a musthave, sadly mine isn??t in the best condition but on the other side it was real cheapy.

carpenbourg? big band? what's up guys?

• What about Fredy Brock? Two good tracks on that one...

which must mean that it's not a good german big band record then.

• maybe you would like gitte & the band on h??rzu. same label as the dave kamien lp. and no, the terra contact lp was not released as library. h??rzu has some obscure records. for whatever reason.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    name 10 German must-have lps, non- to medium-raer...
    Also, name a couple of solid labels based in Germany.

bump

I am curious to know about your list of solid labels based in Germany.

Saba/MPS and...

• name 10 German must-have lps, non- to medium-raer...
    Also, name a couple of solid labels based in Germany.

I missed this... what music are you looking for then? New or old? Jazz, Rock, Prog?

• generiquegenerique 625 Posts
    How rare is the Minikillers 45?

Also, do you know a label called Orange, with an actual sliced orange on the label? There's a record on it called something like Samba Beat Soul. Know it?

• there isn??t much to explain

I think the europhon lp you are talking about is "Frank pleyer big band" ELP 521.
    It's an okay lp.

• Do you know Klaus lenz modern soul big band on amiga? I got it from my fathers collection. I also got panta rhei on amiga. Both good records. What do you think they are worth?

maybe you would like gitte & the band on h??rzu. same label as the dave kamien lp. and no, the terra contact lp was not released as library. h??rzu has some obscure records. for whatever reason.

i don??t like the gitte lp her singing sounds corny to me, but i like the terra contact lp . actually i never paid much attention about h??rzu.
    i have the rust album - come with me. you know that? but imo the record sucks too the track "please return" starts ok, but then the singing fucks up the whole thing.
    what else is good on the label maybe more in the terra contact vein?

• Do you know Klaus lenz modern soul big band on amiga? I got it from my fathers collection. I also got panta rhei on amiga. Both good records. What do you think they are worth?

I really like the Modern Soul Band LPs. And Klaus Lenz too. But none of the Amiga records is worth much. You can find the Modern Big Band LP for 5 Euros on eBay... I know that UK dealers are sometimes asking for 50 GBP, but that just crazy.

Panta Rhei is nice too. But also not worth much.

• How rare is the Minikillers 45?

Also, do you know a label called Orange, with an actual sliced orange on the label? There's a record on it called something like Samba Beat Soul. Know it?

is there a minikillers 45? i have never ever seen one... like i said, i doubt that the popshopping tunes were released properly. i have some on vinyl, but some must come straight from master tapes or the guys doing the compilations have full access to the german national television or radio library.

never heard of the orange lp

???
    must look like the sunbirds - zagara lp on finger then? i can't think of any other german record with a sliced orange. what is the name of the band?

• Isnt the Gitte & Boland on H??rzu pretty good? There's a track on there called "no hell below" or something like that which I remember as being niceness.

I havent heard it in a long time though.

Dress

• How rare is the Minikillers 45?

it can't be the another pressing of the beat, rock & soul lp? the budget label release? there are at least three pressings of it. on strange labels.