Five.

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
[color:purple]Icky Thump[/b][/color] 1. Little ditty from Jack & Diane Meg[/b]"Conquest," "Rag & Bone" and "A Martyr For My Love For You"....YES.2. Creative Rec's Cesario Los[/b]Here it is, a groove slightly transformed...just a bit of a break from the norm.3. Dancing in the dark, walking thru the park and reminiscing...[/b] 4.Paul McCartney's "Dance Tonight" [/b]I just saw this on a commercial at a restaurant tonight which means it'll probably get played the fuck out soon. Good thing I canceled my cable. Now they can't beat me over the head with it.

5. "Feelin' Good"[/b] This shit made me turn off my laptop and pull out my RECORDS. On the rilla, gorilla. Thanks, hoLmes.[color:orange]Sticky Chump[/b][/color] 1. AZ summer. Swamp cooler. BULLSHIT.[/b]

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Word, those Creative Recreation joints are ill! I tried on my friend's shiny black/white ones and liked 'em a lot.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Can I admit to being slightly attracted to MEG now that she's got a different color of hair? You must deal.

My 5.

1. Michio my new hero.

Cleaned out the Garage. Moved in the TAMA drumset. Bringing in the Hammond ORGAN. Building a RECORD SHELF. Gonna start recording with AS YET UNTITLED new Band project.

- 1. Las Vegas 117 degree record breaking weather.

- spidey

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

4. The Bassline that starts this video.

WHOA.

I think you just planted the seed for a DJ Day and/or Delay b-boy cut.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Willie Mitchell - Solid Soul

My new pewter flats with ballet tie-up straps

The Jazz Corps w/Tommy Peltier featuring Roland Kirk

Cherries.

Swimming season is here!!!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    deal

1. new ladyfriend
    2. my sister's graduation
    3. Lebron James x Mary Lou Williams witness nike video

4. eating right / running
    5. jazz and soul I picked up a couple weekends ago

no deal

1. sleep patterns
    2. crust related old heads beating me to recs
    3. locking myself out of the pad
    4. fruit flies
    5. detour on the exit ramp

• 1. Geoff McFetridge

Makes me wanna put away my computer and DRAW.

2-5. Apples

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    The Good
    1. Just confirmed last night the colab show I will be doing with an artist at Contemporary Arts Museum Houston in August. Couldn't be more stoked about this one.
    2. Headed to Philly Thurs June 21st-25th
    3. Girl I will be hanging with in Philly.
    4. The Northern 45 from Houston I found this past Sunday.
    5. Getting more offers than I can take on the DJ tip.

*BONUS 6. Recently picked up a long time white whale 45.

Why must I cry?
    1. Astros are playing like the Detroit Tigers did in the 90's right now.
    2. Summer time and living isn't easy in Houston. Getting fuckin' hot quick.
    3. My boss is getting harder and harder to deal with or I can only seem to deal with her less and less.
    4. The Astros don't come on regular TV and I don't want to get sucked into cable but I'm getting weak for baseball.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    1. Every other Friday off from work throughout the summer.

2. A trip to the Salt Lick (Texas country barbeque) with another extremely cool family for Father's Day on Sunday.

3. Alvin Patterson Battle of the Bands tomorrow night.

4. The delicious crawfish I had the other night that my friend brought back from Rockport.

5. Trumpeter Ephraim Owens at Laguna Gloria Art Museum tonight.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

2. A trip to the Salt Lick (Texas country barbeque) with another extremely cool family for Father's Day on Sunday.

That place is so damn good. I think I ate there 3 times in 3 days last time I was in austin.

1. Playin rekkids w/ the homies undertheradar, big hippoh, dstill & xact last night. twas fun. am tired. dove shack killed it.
    2. this shit is ruling my life:

3. finally gettin my finances worked out
    4. getting shit done despite major setbacks at work.
    5. Dad's coming to town and cousin's graduating college this weekend. Should be a good ol' fashioned drunk fest.

• dstill808dstill808 704 Posts
    ^^^

You forgot:

6: Solid gold fire hydrant in front of office building cause we ballers like that

7. Shit you ain't even seen yet. Elephant tusk business card holders and orca tooth faucet handles and shit. My buildings gaudiness knows no bounds.

• sergserg 682 Posts
    1. got the day off

2. tall can marathon 2 is tomorrow

3. mailing more hard as fuck 3 cds this afternoon

4. picked up some old school parts for the mongoose

5. ordered a new bed, a real one too! no more mattress on the floor. my mommy would be proud. I feel like a grown up.

• dstill808dstill808 704 Posts

5. ordered a new bed, a real one too! no more mattress on the floor. my mommy would be proud. I feel like a grown up.

Stepping the bed game up always a plus.

• minneapminneap 541 Posts
    Dislikes:
    1. Twins playing like virgins.
    2.Cleveland and the D being two of the best teams in the AL (not helping the situation in #1).
    3. Dumbass kids at my place of employment.
    4. Work at 9:30 AM on a Saturday.
    5. Still not sure what I'm doing for Father's Day.

2. My boy's new house/cabin. Chilled there last night and it's the most baller shit ever. Huge back yard, 3 tiers of decks leading out to the lake, boat house, largeass megaboat, bonfire pit, fish pool with waterfall. Party there on Saturday if anyones in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area.

4. Been doin some serious work at the gym lately.
    5. Wakeboarding

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Can I admit to being slightly attracted to MEG now that she's got a different color of hair? You must deal.

My 5.

1. Michio my new hero.

- spidey

You heard the new Michio album (without Boris)? Shit is mellow mellow right on

Top 5.

1. Back At Work[/b] - after having the freelancer blues for over 2 months I got back into the swing of things leaving E! Entertainment for the greener pastures of Network television. Took a paycut but the perks are pretty damn nice (medical plan, dental plan, paid vacation, free lunch, etc)

2. Womens[/b] - god bless y'all for dressing weather-accordingly

3. House parties[/b] - Just threw my first ever house part and the shit went off like crazy. handled the turntable and the dancefloor like a drunken pro.

4. San Diego[/b] - going to the most beautiful city in the USA tomorrow for a weekend of fun

5. Willie Nelson's Red Headed Stranger[/b] - This album gives me faith the same way church gives people the holy ghost

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    things are great right now

1) bingo nite at the knockout

2) movie nite at dolores park, not so much for the movie

3) awesome artist guy used a favorite photobooth pic of mine

(another version is wheatpasted on a wall in bushwick somewhere)

4) stepping up my night game

5) scharpling & wurster comedy cds

6) got the drumset that kid gusto recommended

7) more responsible with money and have a decent amount of money saved for once in my life

8) getting healthy and exercising regularly

9) finally fixed my turntable and sold my other one

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    good things:

1. camping season has begun. i can now pull out all the crap ive been buying all year and put it to use. camanche with friends is first, trying to do the east side of lassen in july and possibly back to oregon for an east side run instead of the coast.

2. trying to make little justins right now.. god help us all.

3. finding good records in boxes of crap that i was giving away. happy i only dumped two of them out of the seven i have. there are tons of breaks on hoctor LPs and a lot of decent one trackers on the statler ones.

4. slowly getting back together with friends ive lost touch with. been in a bit of depression for a couple years now due to my back/leg issues. not wanting to go out, not returning calls/emails/PMs, flaking on meeting friends, etc etc. trying to change that. few folks havent gotten back to me but thats okay... i understand. its good to have friends and folks who you relate to. miss that in my life and trying to get it back.

5. finally getting surgery in september. little further off than i had planned but its a good thing that its set. tired of being like this. much respect to those of you whove ive talked on the PM to about chronic pain/depression. its good to have folks who are going through similar situations. you are not alone...

bad things:

1. still not out diggin for records.

2. still not out looking for musicians.

3. still not finished with the bay area soul music website.

4. still a cranky old fuck

5. Poleng Lounge. WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE? had a lovely dinner there for me and my wifes bday in april. went there on wednesday night to watch a bunch of fucktards getting stupid. really.. control your clientele or remove them. i think i stayed for 30min and had to break the fuck out. my nights at the discotech are now done. pass me the remote...

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

BE PREPARRRED! i like it lots, not as much as at action park though

also i think 'boycott' sounds like it could be a minutemen cover

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    Post deleted by drewnice

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    1. Geoff McFetridge

Makes me wanna put away my computer and DRAW.

2-5. Apples

Ive put the computer away for about a half year now and am enjoying it much.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

2. Local 45 shop owned by a crazy dude but always has great stuff. I must have came while he was in a good mood because he let me go up in a attic filled with boxes of records. Only had time to go through a couple but I found some great stuff. Of course there was a listening party with lots of weed and beer.
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

C***y, was this at R**** R*****s?

-A***

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Troubleman's post:[/b]

3. House parties[/b] - Just threw my first ever house part and the shit went off like crazy. handled the turntable and the dancefloor like a drunken pro.
    hell ya. My lady and I had a great time. The new place looks amazing. Can't wait for the next listening party.

My 5: New and improved..with pictures!
    1. Just celebrated my lady and I's 2 year and 1 month anniversary. Went to a great restaurant called Bahooka and had veggie burgers and huge flaming bowls of alchoholic deliciousness that keep your eyes crossed. Oh yeah and you're surrounded by huge aquariums. It looks like Disney's Tiki Room on acid. No wonder they shot "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" there.

2. Local 45 shop owned by a crazy dude but always has great stuff. I must have came while he was in a good mood because he let me go up in a attic filled with boxes of records. Only had time to go through a couple but I found some great stuff. Of course there was a listening party with lots of weed and beer.

3. Taking my dad for fathers day to the gospel brunch at the House of Blues. I've always wanted to go and I can't think of a better occassion

4. African records of any genre. Been getting some great stuff that has been blowing my mind

IMG SRC="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v69/troubleman/nkengaslondon.jpg" WIDTH=300>

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v69/troubleman/7e_1.jpg" alt="" />

5. The Auboritum in Arcadia. I've been going here since I was a kid and still love it. If you ever want to go and feel like you're seven years old again exploring a huge garden...pm me Shit will blow your mind.
    I'm talking lush gardens, waterfalls, turn of the century houses, teepees, huge lake, secret passageways

IMC SRC="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v69/troubleman/entrance.jpg" WIDTH=700>
    fruit bearing trees

animal life

the works. Add weed to the mix and we're talking a recipe for magic.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    1) Father's Day - My pops holds the oldest Bike Race in NYC. I go help him out of the Skyscraper Harlem Bicycling Classic. Its held around Mt.Morris/Marcus Garvey Park erry year. Its going to be humid as hell that day.

2) Got some Blood Orange Juice that I cant wait to blend w/ some good ass vodka.

3) Star Trek - The Animated Series. It has rejuvinated my respect for Star Trek/Roddenberry.
    Incredible grown folks Saturday morning cartoon.

4) Ladyfriends......

5) These are coming in the mail soon.....

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Late breaking #6!

Sweet things just arrived!
    Many thanks to the man CoffinJoe!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Its held around Mt.Morris/Marcus Garvey Park erry year.

My neighborhood.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

My neighborhood.

Stop by after 12 noon. Ill be at the stage. Look for 6'4" bald mofo.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

My neighborhood.

Stop by after 12 noon. Ill be at the stage. Look for 6'4" bald mofo.

...in seersucker?

I'll try--supposed to be shopping for a new couch that day.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    You heard the new Michio album (without Boris)? Shit is mellow mellow right on

I haven't, but I'll definitely look into it.

4. San Diego[/b] - going to the most beautiful city in the USA tomorrow for a weekend of fun

I'm waiting on the word if I have a place to stay out there or not. Sitting by the phone driving me nuts.

- spidey

BE PREPARRRED! i like it lots, not as much as at action park though

also i think 'boycott' sounds like it could be a minutemen cover
    cosign on the minuteman cover sound.
    i don't think they will ever get that 'at action park' sound again- everything aligned perfectly on that by chance. Like being 18 and going on a road trip after high school on a $600 budget in a Buick w/ a bald tire and trying to make your 1/8th last, realizing it wont even get you to Vegas, listening to the same three tapes over and over and over.

Everything since then w/ Terraform and 1,000 Hurts is them attempting to recapture perfection- but I think that's what I like in the music, you can hear the effort.
    CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    5. I'm going back to school for my masters.
    4. My job's pretty good and it pays the bills.
    3. My wife rocks.
    2. I'm getting back into my writing.
    1. My little man just turned one, and he's 1000% fantastic!