Brother-In-Laws

HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
Hi,So, does anyone else here have a brother-in-law? My brother-in-law is a nice enough guy, but he's a bit of a putz. He doesn't mean to be a putz, but I don't think he can help it. Is being a putz an intergral part of being a brother-in-law? Will I be a putz in the eyes of the family of my future wife? I'm still not used to him calling our mother "Ma". Honestly, I think he should just be calling her "ma'am" or Mrs Z-----. Anyhow, dude is a putz. Just thought I'd share.peaceh

Comments

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    my brother-in-law had this huge ziplock bag full of the kind & he wouldn't even give me a bud

I was really hurtin' too

bastard.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Hi,

So, does anyone else here have a brother-in-law? My brother-in-law is a nice enough guy, but he's a bit of a putz. He doesn't mean to be a putz, but I don't think he can help it. Is being a putz an intergral part of being a brother-in-law? Will I be a putz in the eyes of the family of my future wife? I'm still not used to him calling our mother "Ma". Honestly, I think he should just be calling her "ma'am" or Mrs Z-----. Anyhow, dude is a putz. Just thought I'd share.

peace

h

You mean "ma" as in "mom"?

Or as in, "hey ma, how's it going?"

"Ma" is kind of putzy either way unless he comes from some place where he also calls his father, "paw."

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Hi,

So, does anyone else here have a brother-in-law? My brother-in-law is a nice enough guy, but he's a bit of a putz. He doesn't mean to be a putz, but I don't think he can help it. Is being a putz an intergral part of being a brother-in-law? Will I be a putz in the eyes of the family of my future wife? I'm still not used to him calling our mother "Ma". Honestly, I think he should just be calling her "ma'am" or Mrs Z-----. Anyhow, dude is a putz. Just thought I'd share.

peace

h

Yep, "ma" as in "mom". The "ma" is pronounced like you would in mandarin. Its not like "maw", as in "maw & paw". Check this page for an idea:

http://web.mit.edu/~jinzhang/www/pinyin/tones/index.html

I call my mother "ma" & then he started biting my steez. Pfft.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

Or as in, "hey ma, how's it going?"

"Ma" is kind of putzy either way unless he comes from some place where he also calls his father, "paw."

my mother HATES to be call3d "Ma"

Hi,

peace

h

Yep, "ma" as in "mom". The "ma" is pronounced like you would in mandarin. Its not like "maw", as in "maw & paw". Check this page for an idea:

Let's just clarify some things I'm inferring:

You (and presumably, your mother) are Chinese.
    Your brother in law is not.

If both these hold true...and he's calling your mother "ma"...and unless dude was already fluent in Mandarin...he's probably trying to "fit in" but yeah, that's mad fucking putzy.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Hi,

peace

h

If both these hold true...and he's calling your mother "ma"...and unless dude was already fluent in Mandarin...he's probably trying to "fit in" but yeah, that's mad fucking putzy.

You know what's funny is that I happen to be the most popular Gwailo in Montreal's Chinatown thanks to my affinity for Dim Sum & Shaw Brothers movies. My Bro-in-law just likes to bite my steez. When I have a goatee, he grows a goatee. He bought the same dvd player as me. And he's always saying ish that cracks me up, like he was explaining to me what BTU's are for air conditioners, but part of my job is dealing with ventilation & climate control for huge ass buildings. That's what he was doing all night tonight, telling me what kind of a/c unit I need for my living room. I don't have the heart to stop him when he gets started, tho. I just look over at my mom & sis and I smirk. The only time I shut him down is when he tries to fix things in his house & he looks like he's getting in over his head. I don't want my sister to have any trouble, so I have her fein illness and then I fix whatever while he's distracted. Luckilly, their house is in pretty good shape.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    tones/index.html[/url]

I call my mother "ee-ma[/b]" & then he started biting my steez. Pfft.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    He loves your sister. Your sister loves you. He is trying to be more like you to please your sister. Yeah, putz.

I don't want to get into details about my b-i-l in public here... but, God bless him, he is a Pentacostal alcoholic abuser. Nice guy. I really like him.

You should count your blessings.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    Hi,
    So, does anyone else here have a brother-in-law?

My brother-in-law is actually really cool. He is a really good drummer. Years ago he played in the band At The Drive In, recorded on their 2nd EP "Alfaro Vive, Carajo!", and toured all over the country. Now he's all into vintage Honda motorcycles and his 78 CJ-7 Jeep. Beyond that stuff, he is generally a really good guy that always goes out of his way for all of his friends. And when around anyone he is usually a total clown and makes everyone laugh. I totally lucked out that he didn't turn out to be a huge asshole.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    He loves your sister. Your sister loves you. He is trying to be more like you to please your sister. Yeah, putz.

I don't want to get into details about my b-i-l in public here... but, God bless him, he is a Pentacostal alcoholic abuser. Nice guy. I really like him.

You should count your blessings.

Just realized I have more than one.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I refer to my Haitian mother-in-law as ma, mee ma, or mee mee depending on whose perspective I'm assuming.

My 2 brothers-in-law are cool as hell. They're both significantly older than me and one of them was at first suspicious of my whiteness, but we're long past anything that would keep us from being on the same page. When we're able we smoke out together and oh yeah, the eldest brother is a phenomenal guitar player.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Man I HAD a brother-in-law that was the putz of putzes. Nine years my sister was married to this anger management needing small man complex having fucker. Finally she had enough and kicked him to the curb and nobody in the family or her friends said a word to try and stop her. Given she's my sister and I'm gonna be extra protective and judgemental over who she's with but this dude I almost hurt once and I hate fighting.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

My brother-in-law is a nice enough guy, but he's a bit of a putz.

tones/index.html[/url]

Why would he call his mom "auntie"?

LW: I feel you but...

...please to refer to "Good Intentions" and "Hell, Road to."

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    My Bro-in-law just likes to bite my steez.

same.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Why would he call his mom "auntie"?
    is that was ee-ma means in another language?

I was going with a phonetic spelling for the Hebrew word for "mother"

• Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts
    Hi,

peace

h

You know what's funny is that I happen to be the most popular Gwailo in Montreal's Chinatown thanks to my affinity for Dim Sum & Shaw Brothers movies. My Bro-in-law just likes to bite my steez. When I have a goatee, he grows a goatee. He bought the same dvd player as me. And he's always saying ish that cracks me up, like he was explaining to me what BTU's are for air conditioners, but part of my job is dealing with ventilation & climate control for huge ass buildings. That's what he was doing all night tonight, telling me what kind of a/c unit I need for my living room. I don't have the heart to stop him when he gets started, tho. I just look over at my mom & sis and I smirk. The only time I shut him down is when he tries to fix things in his house & he looks like he's getting in over his head. I don't want my sister to have any trouble, so I have her fein illness and then I fix whatever while he's distracted. Luckilly, their house is in pretty good shape.

If he is bitting your steez.. maybe he is on here reading this right now

• DJ_ZestDJ_Zest 252 Posts
    My brother-in-law is pretty cool, he is a big sports type of guy, but he has a good sense of humor, we get along pretty well, glad I don't have any bro in laws I have to beat down! (Especially the dude holding out on the kinds - what a dick!)
    Peace
    Zeb

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    i'm getting hitched in september. I'm going to have 2 new brothers - but we dont get along that well? Not like we're enemies and we dont fight- I just always wished we were tighter. I always wanted a brother and now that i have them i want them to be into funk breaks - I guess that's not fair?

Does anyone have any sister in laws?

Does anyone have any sister in laws?

Yup. And she's great. 100% opposite of "putz."

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    My Bro-in-law just likes to bite my steez.

same.

my brother in law, chad, knows nothing about real hip hop musics.