Post a track that your feelin' (#56214)

bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
tortoise has really been killin my ipod as of late (been busting my @$$ studying this summer, so ive been listening to alotta instrumental joints).but enough about me...what ya'll feeling?-arjun

Comments

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Kin Vassey - The Bag I'm In

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    Perhaps I'll be alone here, but this "play it really loud" rocker by the Scottish band McLusky has been killing me lately:

McLusky - To Hell With Good Intentions

*** Would someone mind telling me if this file is playable on your end? On my workplace computer, I get a message that says "Sorry, can't find file". I'm guessing that's because the computer lacks flash. It'd be nice to know for sure ... thanks.

• rugged, but smooth... for all the non believers... start my mission

• noreillenoreille 270 Posts
    Trevor Duncan - Malachite

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Perhaps I'll be alone here, but this "play it really loud" rocker by the Scottish band McLusky has been killing me lately:

McLusky - To Hell With Good Intentions

*** Would someone mind telling me if this file is playable on your end?

It works for me. And that whole McLusky album--McLusky Do Dallas--is incredible. "Gareth Brown Says?" I could sing that song all day.

Can - Little Star. I hear the lyrics in my head sometimes when I'm walking down the street, despite the fact that they mean absolutely nothing. But, you know...in a good way.

• generiquegenerique 625 Posts
    Yes, I love that trevor duncan track too. It's from B&H's Colors, no?

• noreillenoreille 270 Posts
    Yes, I love that trevor duncan track too. It's from B&H's Colors, no?

Exact!

"Gareth Brown Says?" I could sing that song all day.

Oh hell yes.

All of your friends are cunts
    Your mother is a ball-point pen thief
    Notoriety follows you
    like beatings follow rain

The World Loves Us and is Our Bitch ... another favorite.

I just ordered their Quantity of 7" set (seven 45s basically covering the Do Dallas record). The New London, CT rock scene is about to be blasted with that shit.

Collagen Rock, Alan Is A Cowboy Killer, and the delightfully-named Lightsabre Cocksucking Blues--really not a miss on the whole album.

As for the 7" set, where would one pick up such an item?

And since we're still in this thread,

Bill Doggett - Twenty Five Miles.

I ordered it from these guys out of the UK. Ends up costing about $45 with shipping and such ... a bit steep perhaps but so so good. I've been itching to spin that stuff out lately.

I ordered it from these guys out of the UK. Ends up costing about $45 with shipping and such ... a bit steep perhaps but so so good. I've been itching to spin that stuff out lately.

Eh, $45 isn't too bad for 7x7", considering the shipping is included. I may have to cop.

On an unrelated note, I'm looking forward to the upcoming Department of Eagles album, which will include this song:

Department of Eagles - No One Does It Like You

Nice stuff. Does "America's Favorite Semi-Active Band" play shows very often? Might have to see if they'd want to come up to CT.

Nice stuff. Does "America's Favorite Semi-Active Band" play shows very often? Might have to see if they'd want to come up to CT.

Can't say as I know. Last I heard, they were still NYU students and one of them was performing with another band, so I doubt. I highly recommend their two 7" EPs and debut LP if you haven't heard them.

Another random tune:

The Fire Engines - Lubricate Your Living Room

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    what album is that Can song on? :kleinerkerlalarm:

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts

Radio Waves

-iTunes

Delay 1968

Froggy and Toady carried off the tangerine seeds one by one ...

Radio Waves

-iTunes

There is a rougher version on Radio Waves. Actually, without Flash on my work computer I can't tell which version Blue Hills posted. I'm guessing the Delay 1968 version, though.

That version is from Radio Waves.
    [color:white]Can - Radio Waves/FONT>
    It came out in 1997, and is a collection of alternate takes, live performances, and b-sides. There's a different version of Little Star on Delay...1968. If you look around a bit, it's pretty easy to find.

Beat me to it, while I experimenting with HTML. Fun stuff.

• ToccuDomuToccuDomu 225 Posts
    ???Country blues??? normally isn???t my thing, but these two songs by Charlie Parr got a lot of rotation this spring.

Bethlehem

Cheap Wine
    nload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" width="335" height="28" id="divaudio2">

Totally unrelated, here is the Delay 68 version of Little Star???