PHIL COHRAN HYPNOTIC BRASS :: 6.21.07 :: B THERE

TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
sorry to be so shameless ya'll but this is a very important show. Bro. Phil is getting older and is trying to protect his legacy, and this is why we're putting on this concert series... please spread the word! this man's music needs to be heard live to be fully appreciated!!Ground Lift Magazine & Sol Cyrans presents:COSMOLOGY: a spiritual jazz concert series[/b] feat. Bro. Kelan Phil Cohran & Hypnotic Brass EnsembleBro. Phil Cohran (original member of the Sun Ra Arkestra and a founding member of the AACM) will be performing at the Funky Buddha Lounge and will tentatively be accompanied by his sons, the Hypnotic Brass Ensemble. Reception and solo performance to follow @ the Butterfly Social Club. Pre-sale tickets available @ Dr. Wax (Hyde Park)featuring DJ performances by: DJs Trew, DJ 81[/b] spinning heavy funk, latin & brazilian funk, afro beat, and hiphop.@ Buddha: $4 organic pale ales!!@ Butterfly: 5-for-4 drinks specials. Buy 4 drink tickets for 20$, get one FREE!!!

Comments

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Man I would love to be there for that.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    Man I would love to be there for that.

i hear that southwest has cheap tickets lol

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i am down

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    i am down

cool we might be getting an rvsp list for discount admission, stay tuned!

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    btw, if you wanna see hypnotic in action, they'll be performing tonight on 'America's Got Talent' the vegas edition. check your local listings for times...

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    i desperately want to see these dudes live. any chance they would ever come to sf?

they're just coming off a euro tour and will be back in euro. in late july. after that they're booking US dates. if you gotta venue/promoter i could put you in touch w/ their manager.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    bumping for the hell of it..

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    bumping

• bumping for the hell of it..
    co-bump. most talented dudes out there.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts

Phil is the man.
    Had him play 3 shows last week, and he is a void in your life you didn't know you had. The storytelling and history lessons are worth the price of admission alone. A refreshing voice of wisdom, and he'll leave you speechless with his frankiphone and harp playing.

Go see him. He's 81. Born a day before me.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts

Phil is the man.
    Had him play 3 shows last week, and he is a void in your life you didn't know you had. The storytelling and history lessons are worth the price of admission alone. A refreshing voice of wisdom, and he'll leave you speechless with his frankiphone and harp playing.

Go see him. He's 81. Born a day before me.

Tell him to come to California again. I can't believe I missed him when he played here.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=OdkInMQsyX0

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    Born a day before me.

COSMIC. so does this mean your 45 will be a collectors dream in 40 years?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    yo do i need to buy tix in advance? or do u have the hook up

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    you can buy them @ dr.wax (hyde park), otherwise they'll be sold at the door. the guest list is kinda small, otherwise i'd put all chi-strutters down.

btw, dreas will be spinning a funk45 set at the after party...

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    yeah i dont really make it down to hyde park during my week so i guess i'll just hit it up at the door

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    man I'm still really Jealous I won't be there for this.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    yeah i dont really make it down to hyde park during my week so i guess i'll just hit it up at the door

word. see you all there!!

bump^^^

btw, pointman.. i'll be sure to photodocument everything so you non-chi strutters can live vicariously

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

bump^^^

btw, pointman.. i'll be sure to photodocument everything so you non-chi strutters can live vicariously
    you should also provide tall cans, and video record interviews with us to up on youtube

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

bump^^^

you should also provide tall cans, and video record interviews with us to up on youtube

lol.. we'll see.

btw, THIS JUST ADDED: DREAS (OF HEARDRUMS/GALAPAGOS4) WILL BE SPINNING AT THE AFTERPARTY!! FUNK45S 4 DAYZZZZ!!!!

also, the 1st 60 concert goers to arrive will receive a free CD from Bro. Phil which includes the single "Cosmic Strings."

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    AAH! ONE DAY LEFT... be sure to cop those southwest tickets now.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    be sure to cop tickets

TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT LIKE BETTY WRIGHT AND I'M CHILLIN'