Auto BPM/Labeler Software?

PonyPony 2,283 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
Is there any software that can do both? Trying to bpm my mp3's, but that shit is going to take 4 EVVVA! Suggestions?

Comments

• bropsbrops 182 Posts
    There is a nice bpm counter for iTunes, but you still gotta tap and count yourself.

http://blacktree.com/apps/iTunes-BPM/

(PS! Only for mac, sorry)

• DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts
    Heard good things about this one
    Mixmesister looks the best option IMHo

• cardovacardova 743 Posts
    anyone know an application that DOESN'T label half of the southern rap and reggae mp3s at double bpm? serrrato does it all the time.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

I've had some experience with this and I've found it pretty accurate.

• oh_reallyoh_really 71 Posts

I've had some experience with this and I've found it pretty accurate.

This looks pretty cool, no need to tap out bpm's, but it seems to be for windows only. Am I correct? Is there anything like this for mac's?

• oh_reallyoh_really 71 Posts

Or can anyone recommend a good one out of these.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    anyone know an application that DOESN'T label half of the southern rap and reggae mp3s at double bpm? serrrato does it all the time.
    none of them will because every program uses the "most accurate" algorithms that will probably fuck up on everything else if they tried to make it accurate for reggae or southern stuff. i think mixmeister has a x2 1/2 bpm command so it's not that bad for that stuff and i'm sure Microwave would integrate that if enough people asked.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

The new version will let you specify a range of bpm, eliminating this problem.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

I have this and it works fine for bpm's, but is there a way to auto label the mp3's once there bpm'd? There must be, but I can't figure it out.

Anyone?