SEATLLESTRUT

prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
I'm gonna be in Seattle Sept 1-3 with my dance company at the Bumbershoot festival. What's good? Let's dig! Hook me up with a guest spot at your club!www.bumbershoot.orgshould be pretty cool, there's this hip hop group called Wu-Tang Clan that's gonna be there, and this other group called Crowded House. They seem like a bunch of nice kids.

Comments

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I gotta say that you're gonna wanna hang at Bumbershoot for most of that time. Shit is fun and cheap. Saw Bobby Rush get all x-rated at the blues stage a few years ago. Yuppie jaw drop for dayz.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    i'll be there on july 22nd. hopefully no dudes smoking crack next to me at the bus stop this time.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    I'm gonna be in Seattle Sept 1-3 with my dance company at the Bumbershoot festival. What's good? Let's dig! Hook me up with a guest spot at your club!

www.bumbershoot.org

should be pretty cool, there's this hip hop group called Wu-Tang Clan that's gonna be there, and this other group called Crowded House. They seem like a bunch of nice kids.

Bumbershoot is a great festival, I'll be checking at least one day this year.
    Wu maybe? Barrington Levy definately. The Shins for my wife and daughter.
    Hit me with a PM when shit gets closer, I can recommend some stuff, clubs, food, record spots etc etc.

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
    sweet sounds awesome. We're only doing a 1 hour show once each day, so I'm probably gonna have a lot of free time for the fest and other stuff. And hey, come and hang out with me and 8 hot hip hop dancer chicks!

www.decadancetheatre.com

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    come and hang out with me and 8 hot hip hop dancer chicks!

www.decadancetheatre.com

Yeah I'm sure the wife will love that...

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I'm gonna be in Seattle Sept 1-3 with my dance company

Decadancetheatre?

I went every year back in the mid 90s. Most memorable moment was Etta James. I think it was in the exhibition hall under the opera house. She had a pick up band with Leo Necentelli! The Slam Houndhunters rhythm section, sax player from Jeff Loerbers group (Danny G? Kenny Groelnick?) maybe some other great players. Any way she destroyed the room. No sitting everyone pressing against the stage.