Two little mixes, one funk one rare-groove

SoulificSoulific 103 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
Hi,I've been pretty busy with my studies recently but I felt like mixing together some records for my own pleasure. I decided to share them with you1. Funk:http://www.sendspace.com/file/q1ktvzThis mix contains some Funk 45s I bought in the last three or four months. Nothing to special trackwise I guess but realy worth listening to.2. Rare Groove:http://www.sendspace.com/file/35gvmxHere are some of my favourite rare-groove tracks. It contains a lot of (eastern-)european tracks. Here's the tracklisting:Lee Mason & his Orchestra - Shady BluesBreakout - Sluchaj RytmuOrchestra Gustav Brom - Hora MeszCzerwone Gitary - CodaWillie & the Bumblebees - DipstickFree - Ride Your MuleJimmy Bellmartin - So FineThe Boys In The Band - Money MusicAshton, Gardner & Dyke - Rolling HomeThe Soul Caravan - African SongBergendy - Z??ld PokolHazy Osterwald Jetset - Oumbala OumbalaCreation - SurvivalGino Soccio - So LonelyAlan Hawkshaw - Fuel InjectionPlacebo - PolkThe Animated Egg - Sock It My WayPete Jaques Orchestra - Hard WorkMemphis Black - Why Don't You Play The Organ, ManRobert Charlebois & Louise Forestier - EngagementI'll be glad to get some reactions.Have a nice weekend,Sebastian Nikolai

Comments

• SoulificSoulific 103 Posts
    Quiet a lot downloads so far. But no response? Come on, guys!
    I don't want my ass to be kissed. A little feedback would be nice though.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    What's good Sebastian! The struts kind of a cold bitch sometimes in that respect without being properly introduced to somebody. Whattup, I'm Spidey, I'm currently checking out your RARE GROOVE mix.

Shady Blues.. That's that Madlib joint, cool haven't heard this song in it's entirety before.

Breakout sounds familiar is this a J5 sample?

This Czerwone Gitary - Coda song is BAD. OPEN drums.. Synths buzzing around. Props for posting a tracklist how hard is this record to track down? I'm really feeling this track.

Ah.. this version of Ride Your Mule I haven't heard before, but this song is a BBOY staple. This SO FINE track is also pretty hot. I think my homie Phoreyz dropped this one before.

I've heard this Bergendy - Z??ld Pokol song somewhere else.. but it sounds real good right there.. I love the horns on this track. Zold pokol sounds like german lyrics what's the story on this band?

mmmm.. you can never have enough PLACEBO in my book. The Marc Moulin is always in current rotation over here.

Overall.. pretty interesting mix. Has it's ups and downs. Your selection was for the most part on point, but I wasn't feeling your blends. They were pretty much just fadeouts for the most part. Alot of dudes on the strut drop mixes like that, which is cool, but the hip hop in me wishes they would spend some time on the mixing. Thanks for dropping these sets though. I'll check out the 45 one when I get some free time.

- spidey