Carpetbaggeur?

2»

Comments

• BeardedDBeardedD 770 Posts
    if there is ever a good book written about southern hip hop, it will be written in like 2031, when everything is in perspective, and someone who has lived and loved it for their whole life puts it all down on paper, like so many great jazz/blues/etc books are.

I will bet you TEN BUCKS no such book gets written in 2031, or even 2030 or 2032.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    if there is ever a good book written about southern hip hop, it will be written in like 2031, when everything is in perspective, and someone who has lived and loved it for their whole life puts it all down on paper, like so many great jazz/blues/etc books are.

I will bet you TEN BUCKS no such book gets written in 2031, or even 2030 or 2032.

2033?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Writing a book purporting to be about "dirty south hip-hop" as a whole is a dumb idea anyway, just as writing a book about "hip-hop" in 2005 would be--you'd just have to rely on too many irresponsible generalizations and clumpings-together to compress it into the space of one book, and I can't imagine that anybody that knew much about southern rap would even attempt this task.

I'm all for people trying to write books about particular cities or particular phenomena within southern rap, though.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Where is the Miami Bass Retrospective?

• I'm all for people trying to write books about particular cities or particular phenomena within southern rap, though.

What "people" ???

There are no people.

Besides, you've lived in New York long enough to be required to re-apply
    for Dirty Status and a SWAT-Pass.

Why don't you take a Soulstrut sabbatical and go spend a month in the
    ghettos of Pensacola and write a book about the rappars there.
    Look at all the crew cuts and see if you can tell the queers from
    the jarheads while one of these wetmouth crease-teed Fader jockeys
    scoops you on every element of the local culture.

I'm all for people trying to write books about particular cities or particular phenomena within southern rap, though.

What "people" ???

There are no people.

Besides, you've lived in New York long enough to be required to re-apply
    for Dirty Status and a SWAT-Pass.

Why don't you take a Soulstrut sabbatical and go spend a month in the
    ghettos of Pensacola and write a book about the rappars there.
    Look at all the crew cuts and see if you can tell the queers from
    the jarheads while one of these wetmouth crease-teed Fader jockeys
    scoops you on every element of the local culture.

Your recent posting patterns suggest to me that you are trying to scratch an Archaic shaped itch...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    this is interesting!

• trying to scratch an Archaic shaped itch...

LOCATION UP FOR GRABS.

trying to scratch an Archaic shaped itch...

LOCATION UP FOR GRABS.