I Can't Go Online At Work Anymore. Heellp!!

jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
DAMMMNN!!This isn't gonna work. They installed some sick fuckin camera system, and had to close off the wireless connection. I'm ass out now.Whats the deal with those wireless cards you can plug in your laptop and connect anywhere? Where do you get them? The mall? Whats the price on them?

Comments

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Boo fuckin' hoo says I.
    There aren't even computers at my job.

• Damn! i feel ya on that... i work in a plastics fabrication shop, but i'm on a computer for most of the morning... nothing wastes time better than browsing soulstrut forums. On another note I pay something like $60 a month for verizon wireless. It's not worth it unless you travel a lot outside the house with the laptop. (My service is national access for the entire country)

• Yeah, air cards are around $250-ish + at least 50 bones a month for the service. Sometimes you can work it to get the card for free at least.

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    service is spotty depending on where you are as well. also better cards = better signals. you pay for what you get.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    tell your boss that you arent going to deliver another pizza until they reconnect your interwebz.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    Yeah, air cards are around $250-ish + at least 50 bones a month for the service. Sometimes you can work it to get the card for free at least.

You can get one for free from Sprint. It is $40/month for 40MB/month or $60/month for unlimited data. I'd recommend getting unlimited since 40MB's will get used quickly.

http://www.sprint.com/business/products/phones/PX500_allPcsPhones.html

-billb

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Yeah, air cards are around $250-ish + at least 50 bones a month for the service. Sometimes you can work it to get the card for free at least.

You can get one for free from Sprint. It is $40/month for 40MB/month or $60/month for unlimited data. I'd recommend getting unlimited since 40MB's will get used quickly.

http://www.sprint.com/business/products/phones/PX500_allPcsPhones.html

-billb

well it's most def worth it i guess. im trapped in a booth 7-10 hours a day five nights a week, so fuck it. plus, i need to be able to d/l the whacky requests that I get from these girls.

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts
    i work in a plastics fabrication shop, but i'm on a computer for most of the morning... nothing wastes time better than browsing soulstrut forums.

is this the great american work ethic i hear so much about