Funky Greek Music.

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
I'm playing an Afrogreexican wedding next month (the groom is Black, the bride is Greek/Mexican) and I'd like to play some funky Greek shit along with my Hermanos Latinos EP's and my Fela mp3's (the groom is also an og capoeirista).I know absolutely nothing about Greek music. Any suggestions? MP3's would be much appreciated.Herm

Comments

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    check pms

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    clear your pmz for more

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    clear your pmz for more

Clearededed.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Check the for some rare Greek Prog/Jazz...

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I have this old Philips sampler LP of all greek bands and there is a fucking great funky-ass pop song from '72 with a killer moog bass line on it...the band is called Mapina and the tune is called "Gypna Piali" I dont know what to tell you if you are bumpin only vinyl, but if you can use a digital copy, holler.

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
    are these funky ?

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I dont know what to tell you if you are bumpin only vinyl, but if you can use a digital copy, holler.

Digital please!!!

And thanks everybody! Keep 'em comin'! 'Specially funky covers of traditional Greek classics 'cause I am truly clueless in this genre.

Herm

• I have an lp by Mapina (s/t?) with a track called "ena kaaokaipa mono" on Philips Greece from 1976 which is pretty groovy.

Dress

P.S. Sorry its from 1975

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts

• chasechase 767 Posts

ha! I totaly got that shit... thrift store magic

• bropsbrops 182 Posts
    Selda. She's from Turkey, but check the opening track "Meydan Sizindir" from her self-titled release. It's suppose to sound a little greek, I've heard.

MP3

• hans_dbhans_db 18 Posts
    Idili Tsaliki - 'I Mimi'
    from Jazz Toys compil on Perfect Toy Records.