New "Rap" video

DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
What are your opinions on this? I would love to hear what a message board of djs producers and music lovers have to say.

Comments

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Who is that? I quite like the beat - sounds like Discovery-era Daft Punk gone early Dilla. The whole thing ain't really that exceptional, but it has a likeable enough vibe, and I managed to get to the end of it. I'd give that a 6/10.

EDIT: OK, I forgot I just had to click on "share" to find out who it was, but I'm still none the wiser. Still, not bad.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    He looks like Thes Uno playing Jesus in a high school play.

Fat Jack made a cameo so maybe the Harvster can school us all.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    not bad.
    the "independent rap" attitude is a little annoying though.

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
    Looks like they all just came from Soul's house. Beat sounds alright. I couldn't hear one word he said besides "westlake". Seems a little too touchy feely for me.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    shitty rapper, beat sounds alright

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    sounds like somethin i would make
    vocals would be a lil dirtier but its got a lil groove to it that i gets with

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    The beat's cool, but the rapper is forgettable-- if he sounds bored when he's spitting it, why would I be interested in hearing what he has to say.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    I just finished checking his (Gabriel Teodros) "Lovework" album last week actually. Like much of the album he shows a lot of potential but never capitalizes on the opportunity to win me over. This beat for instance is pretty bangin' but he fails to make a great SONG out of it. I'm not sure if there is a concept to the song but the lyrics sound like run-of-the-mill hip-hop and his lazy flow don't do much to help that.
    The video is pretty boring with way too many shots of him and a group of people rather than interesting scenes (i did like the driveway shot but that got old).

I hope him and his crew (Massline) continue to improve though and drop some special stuff in the future.

not sour to actually see a little b-boying in the vid.

ps- he shouts his African roots too many times on the album for me. once was enough.

5/10

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Dude should have scouted more locations, Seattle has tons of great views and he didn't even hit one.
    I dug the beat, the raps not so much.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    soft.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Rapper wack, beat nice, Lumin, excelente avatar.

• All that's missing is the "beat down" low angle camera shot. Very first year film school. The beat is nice and laid back, just right for chillin' to. The rapper, too laid back, not engaging enough. no character, no hook.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    I give the dude props for trying, for being positive and not including guns, naked chicks and pitt bulls in his clip. Whats up with all these rappers comming off sounding bored though.. You can't engage people by sounding like your falling asleep. Everyone had to start some where though.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    beat was cool. thats about it.