Rabbit Factory Soul Biz (BK rel)

captainplanetcaptainplanet 626 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
Is this gonna be nice? These cats still tear it up? Am I a fool for asking? The poster leaves me moist with anticipation, even without being up on any of these doods. I also want to know who painted this masterpiece.

Comments

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

Is this gonna be nice?

Goddam right it is! I'm one of the deejays!

The last coupla times we at East of Edens Soul Express did this, it was with Roscoe Robinson and Ralph "Soul" Jackson, and the two men tore it up like tomorrow wasn't coming ('specially Jackson, who was a left-field surprise)!

Check it out...we've also got some good bands behind them, people who know what vintage soul sounds like, NOT some jiveass "blooze" band with synths! So, I think ya might like it!

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    i was at big city records when someone brought those in. who was that???

i was at big city records when someone brought those in. who was that???

wasnt me. where is this big city records?

• Goddam right it is! I'm one of the deejays!

The last coupla times we at East of Edens Soul Express did this, it was with Roscoe Robinson and Ralph "Soul" Jackson, and the two men tore it up like tomorrow wasn't coming ('specially Jackson, who was a left-field surprise)!

Check it out...we've also got some good bands behind them, people who know what vintage soul sounds like, NOT some jiveass "blooze" band with synths! So, I think ya might like it!

good looks pickwick. hope I can make it.

and the poster? who made it? got extras?

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    that looks ridiculously great.... On a similar note, did anybody go to this...

looked amazing. Just to see Barbara Lynn would be

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I think it's put on by Wax Poetics. They should bring some flyers/posters down my way... yesterday was the first time I heard about this... and the guy who told me was from Denmark

I think it's put on by Wax Poetics. They should bring some flyers/posters down my way... yesterday was the first time I heard about this... and the guy who told me was from Denmark

Wax Po got nothing to do with it. Rabbit Factory (owned by my DJ partner John Ciba and based in Chicago) is totally unrelated. If you recall a compilation of '60s/'70s Alabama soul that came out last year, that was him.

that looks ridiculously great.... On a similar note, did anybody go to this...

looked amazing. Just to see Barbara Lynn would be

A few weeks after this, I saw Barbara at a rockabilly/R&B festival in Green Bay, WI and she tore it up.

Wax Po got nothing to do with it. Rabbit Factory (owned by my DJ partner John Ciba and based in Chicago) is totally unrelated. If you recall a compilation of '60s/'70s Alabama soul that came out last year, that was him.

Oh, OK. I was going by the "Sponsored By Wax Poetics" thing at the bottom of the poster.

Oh, OK. I was going by the "Sponsored By Wax Poetics" thing at the bottom of the poster.

Sponsored, yeah, but its' mainly a Rabbit Factory/East of Edens Soul Express creation.

Well either way get me some flyers!