Week...end? day? (6/3+) FINDS and such...

Comments

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
    here's some recent digs...

latin heat...50 cents a pop

some african records...two are from a thrift but the nel oliver and makossa 12" i got from the african record centre in brooklyn...i just sort of stumbled on this spot while biking around crown heights...what a crazy spot! dude that runs the place won't let you listen to records so i had to trust his descriptions. i know this place was picked over many years ago but still some cool stuff in the store and there are like 100 copies of the Lafayette Afro Rock 12" on makossa there still.

got this recently for 50 cents...it's not in the best shape but it plays...fantastic northern soul break up tune.

love this tune...a bit tricky to find on 12"...glad to find it at salvation army!

cerrone record from 1980...features "Hooked on You" which is like a $200 12" and is such a great disco boogie tune with jocelyn brown on vocals...lp has the same mix on the 12"...if you see this grab it!

crazy disco 12" from cleveland ohio...never seen it before...the a side is a roller skating jam but the b-side does it for me...rediculous breaks all over this...currently editing this.

i haven't had this record in over 10 years...goddamn it's good! curtis plus aretha....winning combo!

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts

got this recently for 50 cents...it's not in the best shape but it plays...fantastic northern soul break up tune.

Damn dude. Nice score!

yeah, the 45 seems to be pretty rare but this is the 12" which might be even rarer...who knows. great tune!

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    yeah, the 45 seems to be pretty rare but this is the 12" which might be even rarer...who knows. great tune!

Not sure about rarity, but northern dudes tend to favor 45s. There's a copy of the 12 on ebay right now and it ain't cheap.

oh those nutty northern soul collectors.

here's an odd one i found at this brooklyn salvation army the other day, it's one of the members of the last poets doing a rap about martin luther king over a electro boogie kind of beat...it's actually quite good! seems to be unknown on the net

• bass_feverbass_fever 974 Posts

Now I will just throw it in storage with my Fender Rhodes and Space Echo, Q Tron box, etc.
    Yeah, mine's been collecting dust for years...Still cool to have though...

dude use that shit!!!!!

i have a DX at my practice space and it's pretty nice. what is the difference...what makes the dmx better?

They DMX is the one used in many a famous ealy hip hop tunes...the shaker is
    used on Run DMC, Slick Rick, Whodini, etc. etc. etc. Never used the DX, the DMX is alot more collectable though...Everybody uses sample CDs for these vintage drum machine sounds nowadays anyway, so there's really no reason to buy one unless you just like to collect shit like that or get one at a killer price like I did back in the day!!!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    My favorite jazz album I own so far. Stanley Cowell KILLS it on the keys, as usual. But seriously, this album is .

aand I got this which is also amazing .

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    I found out that i'm racist.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    My favorite jazz album I own so far. Stanley Cowell KILLS it on the keys, as usual. But seriously, this album is .

aand I got this which is also amazing .

Is there a way I can make superpoaster posts appear stickied at the top of the screen? Or in my PM box?

• IMG SRC="http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x312/obscureaddict/universe.jpg" WIDTH=700>

Found this at a garage sale over the weekend among a bunch of pop bubblegum. 3 for $1 and most we're very clean.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Found this at a garage sale over the weekend among a bunch of pop bubblegum. 3 for $1 and most we're very clean.

that shit is hot. ive been waiting to come up on one for years. children of all ages related, right?

• You said it... arnie lawrence masterpiece, two sides of jazz craziness! although don't ask me why but i enjoy children of all ages a journey to the center of the universe a lot more, but ya the other is def a harder find not even being a pricey one. This is the first time in a while i've found such a random wanted lp when it's nowhere on my radar.

• Pulled these out the same box, nice additions to the psych pop another $1 very well spent. It was a good day.

• pencilfacepencilface 674 Posts

these look like fun.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    You said it... arnie lawrence masterpiece, two sides of jazz craziness! although don't ask me why but i enjoy children of all ages a journey to the center of the universe a lot more, but ya the other is def a harder find not even being a pricey one. This is the first time in a while i've found such a random wanted lp when it's nowhere on my radar.

nice finds, I will have to agree with you about the unobstructed universe lp, one of my fave random finds

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    mo' stuff...

^^La Lupe on Tico isnt the fire one might think, but its pretty cool anyway. Len
    Barry is soft white soul but theres some cool tracks nonetheless. Aubrey Mann
    covers otis and other greats. winston curtis is pretty relaxed but nice. same for
    barbara jones. evelyn + lucy is espanol christian folk but theres some cool guitar
    weirdness and generally its a pleasant listen. agustus pablo is a 1976 set of
    instrumentals on Alligator (usually a blues label). kinda feelin this shalamar,
    theyre not usually my bag. Nice ska collection on Mango.

super tuff Seeds - and a mint copy. piano choir isnt supposed to have a colored
    cover, but whoever did it did a nice job!

also bought a big stack of james brown 45s, hoping for some upgrades, and a few other cool 45s. some:

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    SUNS, TOMORROW YOU W8 COZ I BE SELLING RECORDS AT A CERTAIN RECORD SHOP AND I BE PICKING UP RAER STRATA EAST JAWNS FOR DAYS SON SO WATCH OUT. WATCH THE FUK OUT CUZ ALLYALL AINT GOT NOTHIN TO THE SUPERPOASTER. 2MORROW, NONE OF YOU CAN POKE FUN AT MY GENIUS FINDS BETTER THEN FINDING THE COFFIN OF THE HOLY GHOST FROM CIRCA 79 WHEN G-MASTA FLASH WAS STILLLLL ROCKIN IT. YOU WAIT SONS! WAIT FOR MY STRATA RAAAAAAAERRRRRRRSSSSS I WILL BE THE STRATA MASTA ALL OF U CAN GO EAT YO CAT FOOD WHEN I BE GOING TO JAPAN CUZ I BE PICKIN UP STRATA RAERS FOR DAYS, YOULL BE SHAKING. if i get a good deal on my trades.

my finds will be better then reynaldo breakdancing to hecto rivera.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    SUNS, TOMORROW YOU W8 COZ I BE SELLING RECORDS AT A CERTAIN RECORD SHOP AND I BE PICKING UP RAER STRATA EAST JAWNS FOR DAYS SON SO WATCH OUT. WATCH THE FUK OUT CUZ ALLYALL AINT GOT NOTHIN TO THE SUPERPOASTER. 2MORROW, NONE OF YOU CAN POKE FUN AT MY GENIUS FINDS BETTER THEN FINDING THE COFFIN OF THE HOLY GHOST FROM CIRCA 79 WHEN G-MASTA FLASH WAS STILLLLL ROCKIN IT. YOU WAIT SONS! WAIT FOR MY STRATA RAAAAAAAERRRRRRRSSSSS I WILL BE THE STRATA MASTA ALL OF U CAN GO EAT YO CAT FOOD WHEN I BE GOING TO JAPAN CUZ I BE PICKIN UP STRATA RAERS FOR DAYS, YOULL BE SHAKING. if i get a good deal on my trades.

my finds will be better then reynaldo breakdancing to hecto rivera.

Look how well our little boy is doing.

• leisurebanditleisurebandit 1,006 Posts
    damn is that Billy Parker an extra by any chance?

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    good weather in town means records at the niewmarkt.

meaning

45s:
    kees en kees kranenburg - drums (philips)
    gee bros - made in hong kong (pink elephant)
    eydie gorme - blame it on the bossa nova (cbs)
    shirley ellis - the clapping song (london)
    ennio morricone - il etais une fois... (rca)
    telstar - jungle fever (decca)
    elvis - bossa nova baby (rca)
    los 3 sudamericanos - ep (belter)
    japanese beat girl shit i cant read (polydor)
    gigliola cinquetti - lui (cbs)
    inca & wolf - gute nacht freunde (elite)
    dr snuggles - tv tune (polydor)
    lalo shifrin - burning bridges (mgm)

for a total of 40 euroos

• 45s:
    kees en kees kranenburg - drums (philips)
    gee bros - made in hong kong (pink elephant)
    eydie gorme - blame it on the bossa nova (cbs)
    shirley ellis - the clapping song (london)
    ennio morricone - il etais une fois... (rca)
    telstar - jungle fever (decca)
    elvis - bossa nova baby (rca)
    los 3 sudamericanos - ep (belter)
    japanese beat girl shit i cant read (polydor)
    gigliola cinquetti - lui (cbs)
    inca & wolf - gute nacht freunde (elite)
    dr snuggles - tv tune (polydor)
    lalo shifrin - burning bridges (mgm)

for a total of 40 euroos

5 to 10 euros sounds about right. Or free.

• hah! what thrift did you get the ali baba and endless life at? I'm 200% positive those rec's were mine 2 weeks ago. I unloaded them in Williamsburg after my day slanging rec's on the street. Needed to make some space in my spot.

also, I'll take a johnny colon off your hands. then it's like a fair trade.

totally got those at the billyburg salvation army so i'm sure they were yours! that ali baba is pretty wild! i dig it. pm me regarding johnny colon

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    totally got those at the billyburg salvation army so i'm sure they were yours! that ali baba is pretty wild! i dig it. pm me regarding johnny colon

Last time I was there all the vinyl was gone. As in not one record in there. Did they move it???

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    the weird thing is that for some reason I think I sold SuperPoaster that music inc.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Patrick just bled them dry...

I scored heavy at the Salvation Army on the other side of Brooklyn last week. Sealed or NM disco, including 4 or 5 on the TSOB label (Master Jay, Live LP, etc)

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts

sorry, my friends. I find strata east stuff about once in a blue moon so i tend to need them.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    That Mirettes 45 on Revue is still one of my favorites.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts

sorry, my friends. I find strata east stuff about once in a blue moon so i tend to need them.

...and billy parker is a royal bitch to find by any measure. Not a music inc. superpoaster special.

I like music inc. but I was looking for billy parker for like 6 years before I found a reasonable copy.