Home Improvement Strut

kennykenny 1,024 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
My mom is complaining my room smells cuz of all the old records...any advise as to any gadgets for record storage that can also keep my room smells fresh and clean again? i guess its also cuz of the fact that i don't clean ALL my records (too lazy!), so how do you clean you records to make them clean and smell fresh again?I've bought records from some of you and they all have this cool smell on them, so what do you use to clean your records? just the methol + water solution or what?

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    tell ma duke if she dont like the smell of your room, then stay the fuck out. or does she still come in and gather up your stinky laundry, and make your bed?

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    tell ma duke if she dont like the smell of your room, then stay the fuck out. or does she still come in and gather up your stinky laundry, and make your bed?

nah, ma comes in to dust off my shelf and turntables from time to time, and also my mail.

thing is i'm too used to the smell of records i don't even notice!

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    If I'm buying old records, I usually give them a wash when I get them home. I use warm soapy water, and I never use metho. I find that it does detract from that old smeel that some people's record collections have.

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    warm soapy water works?

i've never tried that before...thanks

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I've bought records from some of you and they all have this cool smell on them

WOW

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    You need to get some sort of circulating air purifiyer for you room. You can get them pretty cheap. Be shure it's not too cheap. You need one you can change/clean the filter on a regular basis. Once you see what's in that filter the first time you clean it you'll be glad you got it. Also, try to get one with an ionizer. That's an electric charge that will specifically kill smelly stuff (but not clean the air).

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

I've bought records from some of you and they all have this cool smell on them

WOW

This could definatelly be the decider in the "yuppie or shut-in gay collector?" questionnaire.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Please listen to this simple De La style I'm gonna sing
    It's strongly directed to all the misery you're bringing
    Now I'm not all about dissing someone else personnel
    But there's no quota on your odor
    That's right, you smell
    Now you might feel a little embarassed, don't take it too hard
    And don't make it worse by covering it up with some Right Guard
    Before you even put on your silk shirt and fat gold rope
    Please take your big ass to the bathroom
    And please use
    (A little bit of soap....)

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    theres a good chance if your room stinks, thhen your clothes stink, and if your clothes stink, then that means youre going to school smellin raw.

thats not cool to be.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Are your records clean or old and moldy? You should make sure they are clean and stored in plastic sleeves. You can get a solid air purifier at Sharper image and get about 2 or 3 glade plug ins. You should be straight. Don't throw dirty stinky laundry around either and open the window to air it out from time to time.