PIRATES 3. . . .HOT or NOT????

youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
whats the verdict on this? sorry if it's a repost. peace, stein. . .

Comments

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    haven't seen it but my money's on it being and everyone saying they

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    semi-*spoilers*

Dig this, went to see Pirates. Love the ride, hated the second movie, first one was aaight. It felt like they were trying to shove way to much shit into one movie. Then they hype up like Calypso, then she just turns into a giant jacuzzi. Also they hype this huge pirate fight but only 2 ships really go at it. Plus they killed off the only truly likeable character, The Kraken. Chow yun fat goes out like a punk. Also, if I was Orlando Bloom and I could only fuck Keira knightely once every 10 years. Well damn, Kill me now. This movie is for anyone who thought Willy Wonka was better cause of Johnny Depp.

ie, women and lil kids.

- spidey

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts
    there doesn't have to be a post about every movie that comes out

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts

sorry. peace, stein. . .

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

What, you mad, doggie?

90% of Strut's posts don't HAVE to exist but...they do.

Anyways, Stein - if you bothered to go see the first 2 then that'd be the only reason you'd want to see this. It's as much a mess as all the critics have said it was though Depp and Geoffrey Rush are totally watchable. Pity no one else is, except maybe for the monkey.

Btw, if you do go, sit through all the credits.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

You guys seen Shrek 3 yet?

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    ROOOOBISH!

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

This is the movie i wanna see.

And Chunk better get to do the truffle shuffle with Kiera Knightley in the end.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    And Chunk Sloth better get to do the truffle shuffle with Kiera Knightley in the end.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

Anyways, Stein - if you bothered to go see the first 2 then that'd be the only reason you'd want to see this. It's as much a mess as all the critics have said it was though Depp and Geoffrey Rush are totally watchable. Pity no one else is, except maybe for the monkey.

Btw, if you do go, sit through all the credits.

I wouldn't say seeing the first two was even reason enough to see this one.

The movie's too long, and I'd have to say I was bored enough to have got up and left several times durin it. It just seemed like a bunch of half formed ideas stuck together. And what made the concept likeable in the first place was Depp's character, but they focus way too much on Knightly and Bloom, neither of who can act, let alone hold a movie.
    Cosign on the monkey though.

I left pretty quich sharp, so I missed what ever comes after the credits, please to explain.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

That just made my morning.

• Is Keef Richards in the movie much?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

Goonies never say DIE!

Is Keef Richards in the movie much?

3 minutes which was just about right.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    if you bothered to go see the first 2 then that'd be the only reason you'd want to see this.

Oh no... They're not getting me again.

I left pretty quich sharp, so I missed what ever comes after the credits, please to explain.
    Spoiler!

It's nothing earth-shattering but there's a bonus scene which takes place 10 years later where Elizabeth comes to the sea, with son in tow (saw that one coming), there's a green flash and Will returns on the Flying Dutchman. Supposedly, the writers intended this to mean the "curse" was broken but the scene itself gives no such indication other than the idea that this is Will's one-day-out-of-ten-years conjugal visit. I guess the filmmaker felt like there needed to be more "closure" though given the unconvincing chemistry between the two of them, I don't know if people were clamoring to see this.

• Well, it WAS an 11:00pm showing so I may have been a little tired, but basically, I fell asleep.

Didn't see Pirates 2. How was that one?

• I'm saving my movie money for this Fridays opening of Ishtar 4. Shit's going to be HILARIOUS!!!

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    I'm saving my movie money for this Fridays opening of Ishtar 4. Shit's going to be HILARIOUS!!!

Save it for TRANSFORMERS!

- J

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    O, why do you like movies like this? Every big budget bullshit flick always has some O-dub commentary on the strut. No hat; just wondering what draws you to these shits.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    if you bothered to go see the first 2 then that'd be the only reason you'd want to see this.

Oh no... They're not getting me again.

I thought the 2nd Pirates movie was almost as bad as the 2nd Matrix movie, which was one of the worst I've ever seen ever.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    semi-*spoilers*

Dig this, went to see Pirates. Love the ride, hated the second movie, first one was aaight. It felt like they were trying to shove way to much shit into one movie. Then they hype up like Calypso, then she just turns into a giant jacuzzi. Also they hype this huge pirate fight but only 2 ships really go at it. Plus they killed off the only truly likeable character, The Kraken. Chow yun fat goes out like a punk. Also, if I was Orlando Bloom and I could only fuck Keira knightely once every 10 years. Well damn, Kill me now. This movie is for anyone who thought Willy Wonka was better cause of Johnny Depp.

ie, women and lil kids.

- spidey

Ha Ha you summed it up pretty well.

O, why do you like movies like this? Every big budget bullshit flick always has some O-dub commentary on the strut. No hat; just wondering what draws you to these shits.

Not in every case. I haven't seen "Spiderman 3" (nor "Shrek 3") and don't plan to, at least, not in theatres.

But in general, do I like popcorn blockbusters? Hell yeah. Two reasons:

1) I'm as much as fan of escapism as the next guy. I spend enough time as it is, in the class room, on the film festival circuit, off Netflix, etc. catching up on small and indie films all the time. If I'm going to pay $9 FOR A FUCKING MATINEE (?!?!?!?!), I'm on some, "entertain me, you clown bitches!" tip. I like getting lost inside a movie - like most folks in my generation, the very first film I ever remember watching in the theatres is "Star Wars."

2) I love movie watching as a social experience. I like hearing the roar of the audience, the collective gasps and shouts. And for better or worse, I'm far more likely to get that watching some big popcorn flick than I am an art house circuit darling. I thought "Breach" was a great film, for example, but it's not like watching "Bad Boys 2" when folks are cheering during some of the action sequences. The latter isn't a better film but it can make for a better film-watching experience.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Can anybody name a part 3 of a movie series that is classic? I cant at all.

Maybe the 3rd Lord of the Rings. I didnt see it.

Spiderman
    Batman
    Superman
    Star Wars
    GodFather
    Blade
    Matrix
    Alien
    Terminator

Add on.

Friday the 13th in 3D = heat.

• Can anybody name a part 3 of a movie series that is classic? I cant at all.

Maybe the 3rd Lord of the Rings. I didnt see it.

I was laughing at the end of LotR3. I've always hated didactic Christian writers, Lewis and Tolkien being the two more notoriously heavy-handed punks. It's no surprise that their books are for children.

Here's a good third installment:

Here's a good third installment:

How do they fuck?

• No spoilers!

The answer is only 99 cents + shipping from Amazon marketplace.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Can anybody name a part 3 of a movie series that is classic? I cant at all.

Army of Darkness.

End of list, although Rocky 3 had Mr. T in it.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    it was okay. definitely the worst out of the three for me. plus the way jack bounces at the end gives way to make a fourth film... but if its been 10years (as seen in the end) did jack NOT reach his destination?

glad i watched it on the internet and didnt spend the money. i woulda been upset at the waste of cash.