Why I love Quentin

prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
We've had plenty of debates on the merits of his filmmaking, but all in all dude is dude because for every single one of his films, the music is heat, and he puts them out on vinyl with little dialogue snippets

Comments

• Ian_DIan_D 120 Posts
    in the UK they're splitting the movies death proof & planet terror, i really cannot wait for it to hit the UK in september but i'd rather have the grindhouse experience with the trailers and stuff...

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
    aw, that's too bad, cause it really is/was a fun time. I just wish Senor Rodriguez would put out the Planet Terror soundtrack.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    in the UK they're splitting the movies death proof & planet terror, i really cannot wait for it to hit the UK in september but i'd rather have the grindhouse experience with the trailers and stuff...

I'd prefer the package deal too but at least the movies are longer when they reach Europe.

• JiggamofoJiggamofo 42 Posts
    on the music tip, I love how it's usually not fucked with. BTW, i"ve heard that they are actually going to produce Machete! hypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehype

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts

I'd prefer the package deal too but at least the movies are longer when they reach Europe.

so they are showing them with the missing reels intact?

• paulnicepaulnice 924 Posts

Someone please to post up an mp3 of "Chick Habit".

Thankew...

• the OG France Gall, for those haven't heard it:

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts
    i"ve heard that they are actually going to produce Machete!

i really doubt this is going to happen after grindhouse was such a bomb, there is even doubt about sin city 2 because this was such a failure

kurt russle said in an interview that people were stupid because if they don't go out and buy tickets to things like grindhouse we are just gonna keep getting crap movies to watch, although grindhouse was far from amazing i do agree

• 3RD_Man3RD_Man 213 Posts

i really doubt this is going to happen after grindhouse was such a bomb, there is even doubt about sin city 2 because this was such a failure

kurt russle said in an interview that people were stupid because if they don't go out and buy tickets to things like grindhouse we are just gonna keep getting crap movies to watch, although grindhouse was far from amazing i do agree

Machete is going into production to be released for 2008 as it was announced by the Wenstein Company just prior to the North American release of Grindhouse... it's quite possible they could axe it due to the weak box office return of Grindhouse but that is yet to be seen.... as of today, Machete still has the green light....

As for Sin City... where are you getting your info from?!?!! Not only are they making Sin City 2 but they've also announced Sin City 3... the original Sin City was far from a bomb taking the #1 spot at the box office opening at almost $30 million.... in the end it grossed well over $150 million!!! Get yer facts straight...

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

Machete is going into production to be released for 2008 as it was announced by the Wenstein Company just prior to the North American release of Grindhouse... it's quite possible they could axe it due to the weak box office return of Grindhouse but that is yet to be seen.... as of today, Machete still has the green light....

As for Sin City... where are you getting your info from?!?!! Not only are they making Sin City 2 but they've also announced Sin City 3... the original Sin City was far from a bomb taking the #1 spot at the box office opening at almost $30 million.... in the end it grossed well over $150 million!!! Get yer facts straight...

dude you need to chill

interview with michael madsen...

"Some of the other things that you have got coming up include Sin City 2.
    They haven't shot it yet. I don't know if they ever will. I am not sure [about] the franchise. I think the Grindhouse thing didn't kind of work out...

...as well as they had hoped. Certainly not in the States.
    I don't know what effect that is going to have on making Sin City 2. Sin City was Mickey [Rourke]'s film. Mickey is f**king incredible in that f**king movie. He is the movie. And I am happy for Mickey. Mickey is the real deal. Mickey is Mickey. And you can't f**k with that. And he did a tremendous job in that thing. The only reason I did it was because Robert Rodriguez said that if I took that little part I would get a bigger role in the sequel, that Bob would have more to do in the sequel. So I said: "Okay, fine." I am sitting on an apple box [in front of a green screen] and then when you see the movie, you're in a car. I don't understand it. I don't know how to do that. I don't get it."

then frank miller...

Of course, by stroke of coincidence we learned just before we sat down with Miller that Robert Rodriguez had been signed onto a remake of the classic sixties sex flick "Barbarella." So what of "Sin City 2"? Rumours swirl that the project has been stalled by the breakdown of Rodriguez' marriage. "Sin City 2 is still likely[/b] to happen," says Miller, "just not right away. The script is written and Robert and I are raring to go, but it looks like I'm going to be doing The Spirit first and Robert's going to be doing Barbarella first."

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

I mean I see what Kurt is saying here, adn I agree with what he is trying to say, but talk about a weak argument:

"if people don't want to go see this kind of movie, then studios will stop making this kind of moive, and instead focus on making the kinds of movies people actually do want to go see."

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

I mean I see what Kurt is saying here, adn I agree with what he is trying to say, but talk about a weak argument:

"if people don't want to go see this kind of movie, then studios will stop making this kind of moive, and instead focus on making the kinds of movies people actually do want to go see."

Yes, rather than being able to go a see an "ironically" crappy movie, we'll only be able to choose a "real" crappy movie, that is one Hollywood churned out hoping it would be good but failed miserably.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    yeah I mean it comes down to taste. fools actually like going to see Pirates of the Carribean apparently. I don't understand it, and apparently neither does Kurt Russel. but it is what it is. Kurt can hate on the public for liking crap movies all he likes, but he seems to suggest that the public doesn't actually like the crap studios are churning out, i.e. they would go see better movies if better movies were available to see. I just don't buy it. fools like dumb shit.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I admit to being fairly but did Grindhouse really bomb that badly?

Also, a Barberella remake? The big question is who's gonna play the lead role? Let the casting couch sessions begin! (Scarlett, holla!)