Anybody here play the banjo?

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
I wanna know how.

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Bill Crofut plays the banjo like a sitar, seek his LPs, they are interesting.
    Peace
    T.N.
    PS My friend was telling me about an instructional dvd on how to play the blues mandolin, so I'd assume there'd be an assload of instructional video out there, look for it.
    Peace
    T.N.

• Diamante_DDiamante_D 215 Posts
    No, but I watched Deliverance last night and that made me want to learn.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    I knew a punk rock girl in high school who played the banjo. It was PUNK RAWK. She wailed on that thing.

• pknypkny 549 Posts
    Too cornball...

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    NAW

More like

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    My mom plays, and has tried to teach me. I lost interest. I recogmend starting with "Clawhammer" style before attempting the 3 finger or "Scruggs" style. 4 string banjos are more suited to play clawhammer style, but 5 strings have more range. I had a good friend in college who abosulutly killed it on the banjo, no joke. virtuoso type shit. We'd be sitting around listening to funk records and he'd noodle right along in A flat. REALLY, REALLY GOOD. Kyle Miller from the Schwillbillies. Tony Trishka has a good book for learning. Bela Fleck transcribed Pagnini for the banjo if you feel adventerous, If you like fast banjo check out:

The Hakensaw Boys

Old Crow Medicine Show

Split Lip Rayfield

for sitar like weirdness see:

Doc Boggs

I'll post clips of Kyle at 3pm, after work.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Dizz your friend Skid (dick) Roeper prolly knows how. That dude is crazy. Actually this new dude Huckleberry Finn might know too. He drives a rusted truck, you'll see him out at K's.