a serious reggaeton post

TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
i like this stuff and it's known that a bulk of you strutter's hate it.. but i need to deepen my selection as the boriquen contingent is steadily rising. the worst thing about last week was having 20 face melting puerto rican women wanting to dance to reggaeton and only having 4 tracks, yahm?so my ? is: what's really good? i've got the daddy yankee and nina sky jumps but what about tego, don omar etc.. i need that 95 bpm type bumpin isht. thanks in advance.sincerely, a dj who doesn't want to buy 50 "greatest reggaeton hits of '04" cd's.

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i like this stuff and it's known that a bulk of you strutter's hate it.. but i need to deepen my selection as the boriquen contingent is steadily rising.

the worst thing about last week was having 20 face melting puerto rican women wanting to dance to reggaeton and only having 4 tracks, yahm?

so my ? is: what's really good? i've got the daddy yankee and nina sky jumps but what about tego, don omar etc.. i need that 95 bpm type bumpin isht.

thanks in advance.

sincerely,

a dj who doesn't want to buy 50 "greatest reggaeton hits of '04" cd's.

I'm in the same boat as you but I been using this reggaeton rmx of "hypnotize" to go into my dinky little reggaeton set. available at TTL, backed with an almost identical but still good reggaeton remix of "disco inferno."

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Around NC way, the only reggaeton vinyl I've seen is some bootleg whitelabels: one series just called "Reggaeton," (songs & artists listed) the other called "Promotional Use Only" (no artists listed). There's at least 8 in the FPR series that I saw. Does anybody know where to pick up legit copies of this stuff on wax online?

Anyway, two songs I dig off those no-artist-listed comps are "Saoco" (Wisin feat. Daddy Yankee?) and "Quiero Bailar" (Ivy Queen?). Here's a sample MP3 mix I did to compare M.I.A. to reggaeton.
    "Saoco" and "Quiero Bailar" are on there.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    for the record...the intentions of my reggaeton post were serious

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Ivy Queen - Tuya Soy
    Cuentos de La Cripta - Latigo (a good bit faster than 95 bpm but good)
    Don Omar - Pobre Diabla
    Tego - P.I.M.P. Remix
    Tego - Lean Back Remix
    Tego - Yeah Remix
    Daddy Yankee - Gasolina Remix

also in this context, these two always work:
    Frankie Cutlass - Puerto Rico
    Big Pun - 100%

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Around NC way, the only reggaeton vinyl I've seen is some bootleg whitelabels: one series just called "Reggaeton," (songs & artists listed) the other called "Promotional Use Only" (no artists listed). There's at least 8 in the FPR series that I saw. Does anybody know where to pick up legit copies of this stuff on wax online?

I'm surprised that there are so many of those here in part because those ARE the real releases... the only officials out there aside from Daddy Yankee and Nina Sky are the occasional promo remix single a major drops for, say, Alicia Keys or Christina Milian...

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    The Ciara "1,2 Step" reggaeton remix is good. It's out on an official 12" w/ some other crappy remixes. It's obviously faster than 95bpm though.

• catchdubscatchdubs 492 Posts
    theres a crate savers/killa kuts series of "reggaeton traxx" that's up to volume 12 - 3 songs on each side, some are real generic but theres a lot of bangers on there. AV8 has dropped a number of reggaeton party breaks that are pretty decent as well.

to add to what people have already mentioned:

zion y lennox - voy

daddy yankee - machete

don omar - dile

not really reggaeton but BANGING

tego & the game - we don't love them hoes

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    for the record...the intentions of my reggaeton post were serious

i hear you G. but it didn't get nearly as much shine as it should have. just like this post.

haters