VIC SELLING HIS VINYL COLLECTION

HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
I recieved this email today:
YES THE LEGENDARY PRODUCER THE MIGHTY V.I.C. OF BEATNUTS FAME AND WHO HAS ALSOPRODUCED HITS FOR THE LATE GREAT BIG PUN, FAT JOE, ARTIFACTS, RAKIM,COUNTBASSD,CURIOUS GEORGE, PETE NICE,KOOL G RAP, JOELL ORTIZ SHALL I KEEP GOING.... HISCOLLECTION OF ALL THE GREATEST SAMPLES HE HAS USED IS UP FOR SALE NOW AND WILL BESOLD TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER!! THE MINT VINYL COLLECTION CONSISTING OF SOUL, LATIN,ROCK SOUND TRACKS, EASY LISTENING AND JAZZ.. ALSO SOME OLD SCHOOL HIP HOP RECORDSBREAKS AND GROOVES AS WELL..THIS COLLECTION INCLUDES OVER 2000 VINYL RECORDS WHICHARE ALL IN MINT CONDITION SO BEAT DIGGERS IF YOUR INTERESTED CONTACT ME HERE at thisemail or at [email]carloscuban@tmail.com[/email]
If anyone is interested contact cuban.PeaceHawkeye

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    All mint? Cmon.
    That's cool though.

• HonkyFippleHonkyFipple 418 Posts
    yaaaaawn...

why would anyone need 2,000 records from a former hip hop producer? probably samples only. no list?! what a stupid idea. i wouldn't even buy 2,000 records off egon if there was no list. dude must be broke or something.

that's the kind of kind of news i would expect to read in one of those silly german hip hop magazines.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    yaaaaawn...

why would anyone need 2,000 records from a former hip hop producer? probably samples only. no list?! what a stupid idea. i wouldn't even buy 2,000 records off egon if there was no list. dude must be broke or something.

that's the kind of kind of news i would expect to read in one of those silly german hip hop magazines.

• dstill808dstill808 704 Posts
    Agreed about the no list, but c'mon, Beatnuts got RECORDS. I'm sure there's some tepid drum braeks or whatever, but there's got to be some certified heatery, and probably some stuff folks aren't up on.

Then again, this has to be a pared down collection, so maybe it is all just 2nd Chapter of Acts and Sons records.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    He (V.I.C) seemed pissed off about record collecting in Deep Crates Vol. 1.
    Maybe that's why he's selling off those records. Dude probably have more than 2,000 though.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    Stupid question- but Is V.I.C., JuJu or Psycho Les or someone else entireley? I've always been confused about that.

• CinisterCeeCinisterCee 863 Posts
    (V.I.C) seemed pissed off about record collecting in Deep Crates Vol. 1.
    Maybe that's why he's selling off those records.

That's exactly what I first thought of.

Where's talkin that "yeah it was fun, those days of spending your whole student loan on records" but he was bitter!

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    Stupid question- but Is V.I.C., JuJu or Psycho Les or someone else entireley? I've always been confused about that.

someone else entirely.

Victor Padilla

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    I'm sure there's some tepid drum braeks or whatever, but there's got to be some certified heatery, and probably some stuff folks aren't up on.

i'll take winchester catherdral for 200 alex.

i'll take

boscoe
    east of underground
    cult
    black out new sound of the 70s
    redevils
    plus
    rob franken
    and roy porter
    (since they are all MINTY FRESH)

no libraries please - the hype is over

• DWGDWG 334 Posts

YES THE LEGENDARY PRODUCER THE MIGHTY V.I.C. OF BEATNUTS FAME AND
    WHO HAS ALSOPRODUCED HITS FOR THE LATE GREAT BIG PUN, FAT JOE,
    ARTIFACTS, RAKIM,COUNTBASS D,CURIOUS GEORGE[/b], PETE NICE,KOOL G RAP, JOELL ORTIZ SHALL I KEEP GOING....

• CinisterCeeCinisterCee 863 Posts

ARTIFACTS, RAKIM,COUNTBASS D,CURIOUS GEORGE[/b], PETE NICE,KOOL G RAP, JOELL ORTIZ SHALL I KEEP GOING....

haha

spell it with a "J!!!" and not wit a "G"

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    Sometimes I'm astounded about the level of inteligence that is gathering here to "try" to communicate with the world.

If you want a list MAIL CUBAN, what is so hard to understand if you read this ??

" IF YOUR INTERESTED CONTACT ME HERE at this
    email or at [Email]carloscuban@tmail.com"[/Email]

IF you are interested you can contact him and ASK for a list.

IF you are not interested in it and just want to talk shit..... yeah I guess than you are hanging around on the internet and talking shit.

I'm sorry, just ignore me and my hypothetical question what kinda problems you guys have with understanding such a complicated problem definition.

I forgot that internet forums are a collective of haters and ignorants, why should Soulstrut be a exception ???

Shit another hypothetical question, maybe I ask myself to much and I know times where we talked about music and had fun instead of playing the bully in front of a PC.

I can understand why some respected people left this forum behind !!!!!

Peace
    Hawkeye

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    people acting as if you insulted their mothers with this offer.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    people acting as if you insulted their mothers with this offer.

yeah hawkeye, don't get mad at them, get even. And, yeah, it's the internet...

• kalakala 3,358 Posts
    i thought this post was about kiswell
    too bad

• wyzewayzwyzewayz 303 Posts

haha

spell it with a "J!!!" and not wit a "G"

and

spell it with a "K" not with a "C"

• It is very hard, not from a money point of view, but in regards to space and storage. I stopped collecting at 500 records. I still buy wax, like a couple of records here and there, but I keep it under strict control.

If I was rich, where I could by a studio and dedicate a space for records, then I would collect all day, but to try to collect records when I live in a 1 bdrm apt is insane.

I know cats that have 5ooo records or more, and I tell you, I see them go through fits when it comes to moving or relocating .just fits....Plus, keeping all that shit in order can drive you crazy.

S-e-r-a-t-o +500 records=suitable

LOL..Soulstrut has a band on the word s-e-r-a-t-o

Sometimes I'm astounded about the level of inteligence that is gathering here to "try" to communicate with the world.

If you want a list MAIL CUBAN, what is so hard to understand if you read this ??

" IF YOUR INTERESTED CONTACT ME HERE at this
    email or at [Email]carloscuban@tmail.com"[/Email]

IF you are interested you can contact him and ASK for a list.

IF you are not interested in it and just want to talk shit..... yeah I guess than you are hanging around on the internet and talking shit.

I'm sorry, just ignore me and my hypothetical question what kinda problems you guys have with understanding such a complicated problem definition.

I forgot that internet forums are a collective of haters and ignorants, why should Soulstrut be a exception ???

Shit another hypothetical question, maybe I ask myself to much and I know times where we talked about music and had fun instead of playing the bully in front of a PC.

I can understand why some respected people left this forum behind !!!!!

Peace
    Hawkeye

i don't think that anyone gives a fuck about that auction. do you really think that he would send back a list with 2,000 titles? he seems to be very lazy and unreliable. who ever would pay that guy for VIC's collection? who is that guy anyway? and why do you get excited about it? did you get paid to post here?

ALL MINT!?

hold on... my bid: 500 Dollars including airmail shipping to Europe.

you go ahead... post something about records. no questions involved. just you talking to us. start to make this a better place. you can do it, gee!

Peace, YO!

at least, let's start some beef to make this a better place.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

Yeah, you would say that. Jackass.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I'll pay $20 for a full list with grades.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I'll pay $20 for a full list with grades and prices[/b].

who knows...

who ever would pay that guy for VIC's collection? who is that guy anyway?

Plaese to be serious. Not to sound like a broken record, but this sort of talk is totally unnecessary. I understand folks' skepticism regarding a lack of information (which as Hawkeye pointed out is available on request), but VIC's been in the game longer and deeper than a lot of people talking shit here. I would be geeked just to see the records he's offering, even if there wasn't a ton of stuff I wanted.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

who knows...

I thought you wanted beef?

Perhaps a nice filet is more to your liking?

who ever would pay that guy for VIC's collection? who is that guy anyway?

Plaese to be serious. Not to sound like a broken record, but this sort of talk is totally unnecessary. I understand folks' skepticism regarding a lack of information (which as Hawkeye pointed out is available on request), but VIC's been in the game longer and deeper than a lot of people talking shit here. I would be geeked just to see the records he's offering, even if there wasn't a ton of stuff I wanted.

so, vic = cuban?

why doesn't he put it on eBay? the email sounds like spam. i'm sure it isn't, but it's simply unprofessional and silly.

who knows...

I thought you wanted beef?

Perhaps a nice filet is more to your liking?

i prefer my beef well done.

someone else entirely.

Victor Padilla

V.I.C., droppin styles you ain't used to
    Nice with the lyrics, when I produce I get looser
    Beats I got plenty, they come a dime a dozen
    I got more beats than Puertoricans got cousins
    Diggin every day, I'm the breakbeat Guru
    I got the funky shit, ask my main man Ju-Ju
    Jump in the trunk, we Audi on a mission
    (Guess where we're goin?) Philadelphia, beat-fishin
    There's always one store niggas always get stuck on
    I know a lotta spots that I ain't puttin ya up on