Negative Approach last night . . .

AreDoubleAreDouble 124 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
For the couple hardcore heads on here.Predictbly H8 Inc and Pitbull were garbage. My man was hoping that Pitbull would play some 7" songs. They didn't. Basically the first two hours of this show was horseshit nu-metal.Wolf Eyes-- If you like them, you like them. Set seemed brief. If there was any surprise it may have been that the crowd by and large didn't seem to get belligerent or upset. Just your basic peaceful egress.Meatmen-- If you know their stchick, then you'll understand my description of it as predictably offensive. Not particularly shocking. New lineup. Guitarist and bassist in afro wigs, looked like blackface intially. Seemed like they were playing newer, past their prime War of the Superbikes II shit. They did the "Sucks" trifecta "(Crippled Children) (French People) (Towelheads) Suck." I was more concerned with the people cheering. Tesco Vee came back onstage to introduce Negative Approach wearing an I Love Imus/Fuck Al Sharpton hoodie. Negative Approach-- No, not an og lineup either but man were they fucking good. John Brannon's voice is still incedible when singing these songs. I wonder if he was getting fatigued, though. I guess I expected them to play the whole LP and EP. Was waiting for them to play "Evacuate" but no dice. Maybe at the 2500 Club afterwards? Anyone else catch this.

Comments

• AreDoubleAreDouble 124 Posts
    Oh yeah, lookingat some of those weekend finds, I'm reminded that NA played "Borstal Breakout" by Sham 69. Really good. Expected Blitz or 4-Skins more, though.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    Did Pitbull play Bojangles?

• I was thinking of checking it out but slept on getting tickets. Someone told me it was sold out and getting NA tickets from a scalper sounded too much like work, and strange work at that.

Another friend of mine warned me of a big fight that was supposed to go down, like a bunch of 40+ year old skinheads settling up 20 year old beefs. NAGL.

I in all my softness caught a midnight showing of "The Princess Bride" with the old lady instead.

SONIC

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

Anyone else catch this.
    I wish.....

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

Anyone else catch this.
    I wish.....

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts

I was thinking of checking it out but slept on getting tickets. Someone told me it was sold out and getting NA tickets from a scalper sounded too much like work, and strange work at that.

Another friend of mine warned me of a big fight that was supposed to go down, like a bunch of 40+ year old skinheads settling up 20 year old beefs. NAGL.

I in all my softness caught a midnight showing of "The Princess Bride" with the old lady instead.

SONIC

aaron,

brad was gonna try and see negative approach and hit the moodyman 'soul skate' roller boogie party at northland - that would have been a wild contrast - from skinheads/ hardcroe to black mahogany / deepest house.

great detroit music ancient to future.

- btb

I was thinking of checking it out but slept on getting tickets. Someone told me it was sold out and getting NA tickets from a scalper sounded too much like work, and strange work at that.

SONIC

aaron,

brad was gonna try and see negative approach and hit the moodyman 'soul skate' roller boogie party at northland - that would have been a wild contrast - from skinheads/ hardcroe to black mahogany / deepest house.

great detroit music ancient to future.

- btb

Brad Peoples?

As far as sketchy skinhead shit goes . . .haha-- Saw a Skrewdriver shirt as well as another WP band shirt AND a swastika armband. . . One near fight-- Cold As Life/Sworn Enemy cat vs some old dude (who may have been the one with the swastika armband . . .maby not).

Did Pitbull play Bojangles?

Haha. Dunno. The singer did break into an obnoxious accapella rendition of "This is Why I'm Hot," however . . . may have been the H8 Inc singer, but I think it was Pitbull's frontguy.