What Ever Happened To...

Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
These rap artists:-Phase N' Rhythm.-Cru.-Camp Lo.-Mikey D & Johnny Quest.-Freshco & Miz.-Maestro Fresh Wes.-The Chosen Ones.-Lakim Shabazz.-Classic Concepts.-Trendz of Culture.-Da King & I.-Screwball.-Supreme Nyborn.-King Doe-V.-Godfather Don.Peace,Big Stacks from Kakalak

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Camp Lo are on the new Lifesavas LP "Gutterfly." Dope album.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    Camp Lo tried a come up a couple of years ago & did an album that was only released in Japan....I believe. All those other acts failed to make an impact, so as usual they all were dropped from the record labels. WHERE ARE THEY NOW? Unemployed or producing/writing for other artist.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    ....CAMP LO IS STILL ROUND!!!???

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    ....CAMP LO IS STILL ROUND!!!???

new album this summer.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

-Maestro Fresh Wes.
    -
    he was doing his albums a couple of years ago but staying in the

CANADIAN HIPHOP MARKET

IMG SRC="http://ian.winprog.org/tumbleweed.jpg" WIDTH=700>

it sounded okay think masta ace grown man lyricks..rakim late album beats..some good some bad..but no impact

now i saw him featuring in a new canadian hiphop artist video..proly trying to teach the kids

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

-Freshco & Miz.

I don't know Freshco, but Miz, that's my man... haven't seen him in a long time but we used to work out of the same studio in West Philly back in the mid 90s. Very talented dude... by that time he wasn't really deejaying much anymore but was heavy into producing and engineering. Had a chance to be down with Death Row via Kurrupt (probably as one of Dre's ghost producers I assume), but this was around the time that all the craaaaaazy drama was going down with 'Pac, Suge, Snoop etc. so he turned down the offer. I still wonder if he regretted that decision or not... tough call, but I don't blame him for not getting involved with all that schitt. Don't know what he's doing these days... I'm out of the loop on the local scene so I haven't heard anything.

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    Cru- the producer/mc dude went on to produce some stuff for bad boy records.don't know what the rest of the group is up to.

Screwball- one of them (hostyle?) is still putting stuff out with pimo.

peace,xavier

• cnbagrrlcnbagrrl 11 Posts

-Maestro Fresh Wes.
    -

CANADIAN HIPHOP MARKET

it sounded okay think masta ace grown man lyricks..rakim late album beats..some good some bad..but no impact

now i saw him featuring in a new canadian hiphop artist video..proly trying to teach the kids

i saw maestro fresh wes a couple years ago in calgary and in vancouver doing a show...the same tour i think. but i am canadian and he has been up in here for a bit now. maybe he is teaching the kids how to roll in the northern regions...

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    that white group that was supposed to be a part of "the east coast family" and they were at the end of the motownphilly video. waahappen?

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    wu-wear for babies

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    wu-wear for babies
    lolol

• FunkyFlatulentFunkyFlatulent 1,106 Posts
    I heard Lakim is a janitor at an nyc apartment complex. I"m totally serious.

• planlessplanless 819 Posts
    ... and not long ago, he droped the "'Let Me Find Out" 12inch. 5 out of 10 points.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    that white group that was supposed to be a part of "the east coast family" and they were at the end of the motownphilly video. waahappen?

LOLOLOLOL I used to clown on that shit every single time!!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    wtf was their name??

it was like "ivory frost" or some shit

definitely something that actually said "white"

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    wtf was their name??

it was like "ivory frost" or some shit

definitely something that actually said "white"

Dawhyteboiz pka Sudden Impact.

I will buy their album if it ever drops.

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts

-Freshco & Miz.

Freshco was spotted recently on ebay selling CDRs of unreleased Freshco & Miz material that is apparently... and noe of "Phase & Rhythm" was also repping the ebay game trying to sell copies of the "Brain Food" 12" at around the $1000 mark !!!

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts

-Maestro Fresh Wes.
    -

CANADIAN HIPHOP MARKET

i saw maestro fresh wes a couple years ago in calgary and in vancouver doing a show...the same tour i think. but i am canadian and he has been up in here for a bit now. maybe he is teaching the kids how to roll in the northern regions...

Saw him come onstage at a Percee P show a few months back in Vancouver. Didn't rap though. I heard then that he's in the backroom of the entertainment business, and he said he lives in Yaletown, so he's always around town here.

"Conductin' Thangs" is hard as fuck.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Cru- the producer/mc dude went on to produce some stuff for bad boy records.don't know what the rest of the group is up to.

Yogi is still in the game, behind the scenes.

• dayday 9,612 Posts

-Freshco & Miz.

Freshco was spotted recently on ebay selling CDRs of unreleased Freshco & Miz material that is apparently...

Maaaaaaaaaan I would love to hear that. Why didn't they ever come out with a whole album? The only thing I know that they released was the "We Don't Play" 12".

• idemidem 98 Posts

-Godfather Don

that is ridiculous that there are only 150 pressed of his and only 100 of yours .. whats up with that ? i mean i even do 500 of my own records ..
    why don't you do it yourselves and press 1000 so collectors/dj's like myself can get 1 .. man o man why ?
    i am yet to hear yours . any mp3's ?
    listening to don's now and they are pure dope .

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Yogi is still in the game, behind the scenes.

By my recollection Chad and the other cat with the grimey voice both had to do a stretch, not too long after the record dropped. I think they had potential but the street ways caught up with them. I wonder if titling their album "The Dirty 30" had anything to do with it???

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Miz is still around, producing and DJing. I think he still engineers at Third Story.

Miz is still around, producing and DJing. I think he still engineers at Third Story.

ohhhh damn, third story is still active??? thats dope, i didn't even know. i never stay in touch with nobody. i need to holla at them fools one of these days

btw, congrats Cos

-Godfather Don

that is ridiculous that there are only 150 pressed of his and only 100 of yours .. whats up with that ? i mean i even do 500 of my own records ..
    why don't you do it yourselves and press 1000 so collectors/dj's like myself can get 1 .. man o man why ?

my dwg homies have gone over it a lot of times as to why the limited pressing... it's just the state of trying to sell music in 2007. It's easier to do a very limited run of 100-150 at a higher price for the hardcore collectros that don't mind paying said higher price than it is to press even 500 and hope that they all sell at the regular 12" rate. 100-150 copies = you get paid, and you get paid quickly. 500 = you might not sell em all and the unsold copies sit around in boxes taking up space AND / OR the distributor never pays you because it's too small of a situation for them to even be bothered with caring about your feelings (why must i cry). i know, it sucks because some people who want the record are gonna miss out or have to pay 2-3 times as much to cop it on ebay.

well, i am probbly gonna step out there on my upcoming project and up the amount... fools betta step up and purchase, though, or i'm goin' strictly HYPEBEASTIE after that.

BTW, mp3s are floating around for the joint i did with DWG. Anybody who has them feel free to up 'em... i don't mind

• DJ_PhillieDJ_Phillie 199 Posts

-Godfather Don

that diggers with gratitude article on godfather don...the design work reminds me soooo much of the way spine magazine used to look. same graphic artist??

• idemidem 98 Posts

-Godfather Don

my dwg homies have gone over it a lot of times as to why the limited pressing... it's just the state of trying to sell music in 2007. It's easier to do a very limited run of 100-150 at a higher price for the hardcore collectros that don't mind paying said higher price than it is to press even 500 and hope that they all sell at the regular 12" rate. 100-150 copies = you get paid, and you get paid quickly. 500 = you might not sell em all and the unsold copies sit around in boxes taking up space AND / OR the distributor never pays you because it's too small of a situation for them to even be bothered with caring about your feelings (why must i cry). i know, it sucks because some people who want the record are gonna miss out or have to pay 2-3 times as much to cop it on ebay.

well, i am probbly gonna step out there on my upcoming project and up the amount... fools betta step up and purchase, though, or i'm goin' strictly HYPEBEASTIE after that.

BTW, mp3s are floating around for the joint i did with DWG. Anybody who has them feel free to up 'em... i don't mind

well its ridiculous that there are so little of them around .. as if you couldn't sell 500 of them on your own at $10 a pop .. well that means i'll never get it because fuck payin $50 for it ... i mean thats the whole point , these days you don't need record companies and distributors , do it all yourself ..
    i didn't even know you released that until now . and same goes with don's .
    well its all about makin it rare and thats rubbish to me .. as if you couldn't sell more than 100 ... they probably sold 50 of them to 1 guy in japan ..
    just my opinion .
    best
    john .

well its ridiculous that there are so little of them around .. as if you couldn't sell 500 of them on your own at $10 a pop .. well that means i'll never get it because fuck payin $50 for it ... i mean thats the whole point , these days you don't need record companies and distributors , do it all yourself ..
    well its all about makin it rare and thats rubbish to me .. as if you couldn't sell more than 100 ... they probably sold 50 of them to 1 guy in japan ..
    just my opinion .
    best
    john .

Right. Well, that's your opinion, b... it's not correct but you are entitled to it. Glad at least you have some interest in this kind of thing and hopefully you will be able to cop some of the future releases

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts

As someone who has bought all three of the DWG projects and has in the past worked in a store and worked occasionally for a friends label I totally understand the reasoning behind this marketing strategy.

I would rather pay ??50/$100 for a record that I know that there is only 100 or 150 copies of rather than drop that cash on a 12" that gets booted a few months later or someone turns up a box of and kills the market !!!

If you think that it would be easy to shift 500 units why not put your money where your mouth is and do it yourself ???

I think your taxi has arrived...