what is this strata east???

inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
never seen that one? any good?

Comments

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    it has its moments but unless you are a strata junkie or a vocal jazz maven you may find that the going rate is slightly excessive. for the price of that one you could buy 4 or 5 of the more common and better titles.

question: just picked up a cecil mcbee on strata and it has a green label. is this an international or european press?

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    what is this? I've had this for a few years now, and I still cant find anything about the artist or any other Strata 45s

nice 45 as well, along the lines of Esther Morrow

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    question: just picked up a cecil mcbee on strata and it has a green label. is this an international or european press?

Yeah the billy C is not a must have.

I have no idea re: green label, but I have a copy of charles rouse "two is one" with a blueish label that has "distributed by audiofidelity" on it... does yours look otherwise like other strata-east pressings?

• Deejay_OMDeejay_OM 695 Posts
    hit or miss...usually at least one jam on it....there is one...which I like only 1 side...but, damn that side is nice....

I think it depends on your love/embracing of jazz as the beggining orientation to it...like it's jazzy latin...or avante jazz, funky jazz, etc...

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    with a blueish label that has "distributed by audiofidelit"

ok, its this one..blue label dist by audiofidelity. is that a euro press?

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    Those are early 80's US reissues.

• Does anyone know some background on these three strata-east records:
    1: Composer's Workshop Ensemble "(We've Been) Around"
    2: The Pyramids "Birth Speed Merging 1976"
    3: Milton Marsh "Monism"

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts
    Does anyone know some background on these three strata-east records:
    1: Composer's Workshop Ensemble "(We've Been) Around"
    2: The Pyramids "Birth Speed Merging 1976"
    3: Milton Marsh "Monism"

2. not on strata east, but the nile song is good
    3. haven't listened to it in a long time, i think it has its moments

Up until a few years ago you could order milton marsh for $20 from the man sealed. He even had a website, order form and everything.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    does ANYONE have ANY info on the 45 I posted? It is starting to drive me bonkers...someone has to have one or have another strata 45, or something else by this lady...all I can find is a cut on a spoken word compilation and I dont even know if it is the same person.....

• Lee cooper is a male artist right?? if so, i believe maybe has a backround in gospel/jazz... and even choir. I recognize the cooper-twine credit.

• We Are Heroes
    arr. by Cooper/Twine

best i can tell, lee cooper & linda twine composed a handful of tracks during the 60s/70s or whenever and we're around during the black jazz scene. Most likely 45 only ?

does ANYONE have ANY info on the 45 I posted? It is starting to drive me bonkers...someone has to have one or have another strata 45, or something else by this lady...all I can find is a cut on a spoken word compilation and I dont even know if it is the same person.....

I have no idea, but you've been asking about it for a long while, you'd think somebody would have info? Did you post up audio at some point, I'd love to hear it.