Formula7

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
For those who don't read loronix you need this in your life. Its a brazilian jazz pysch funk album. I think. You need to check it out http://rapidshare.com/files/32857619/Formula7Formula7V2-zl.zip

Comments

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    jazz pysch funk

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    For those who don't read loronix you need this in your life. Its a brazilian jazz pysch funk album. I think. You need to check it out http://rapidshare.com/files/32857619/Formula7Formula7V2-zl.zip

its okay/ a little too much cheese if you ask me. But Loronix's sight is top notch.

Top notch. Top notch.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Yeah I know it has cheese but "work song" is great. It has some SERIOUS nice tracks and yes, Loronix's site is amazing. Its so good that no matter how many graemlins I use it just won't express how good it actually is. But you must admit, the trupet dude is on "work song".

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    meh

• Loronix is the shiz, but that particular record doesn't thrill me too much.

I have a different formula 7 record that I'm curious about. it's a black cover with the name in orange-ish red with visual echo on it- or tracers, not sure how you say that. Formula 7[/b], formula 7[/b], formula 7....

the reason I ask is because the sound is pretty different, more raw and funky. Gerson King is on there doing James Brown-esque vocals on a couple cuts. And there's no big Parlophone "P" on the cover... can't remember the label it's on right now. Never seen it since, no popsike or google info. Loronix said that Formula 7 only did 3 albums, but dood could definitely be wrong.

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts
    Loronix said that Formula 7 only did 3 albums, but dood could definitely be wrong.

Yeah, dude isn't too into 70's music. He's pretty careful, but it's not his area of expertise.

All of those Brazilian 'super international hits' exploito records leave me cold, although I haven't checked this one out yet.

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    Loronix said that Formula 7 only did 3 albums, but dood could definitely be wrong.

Loronix is right; Formula 7 did only 3 albums.

Peace

• Loronix is right; Formula 7 did only 3 albums.

Peace

so what's the brazilian record I have called formula 7? with gerson king. any ideas? it's definitely NOT one of these:

I'll try to post a pic or one of the tracks when I get home tonight.

• Alright, so help me out. What is this record? Raw and funky from Brazil. It says "Gerson" on vocals, so I'm assuming it's Gerson King, but I suppose it could be a different Gerson. Sounds like 69 or 70 to me. On the Castelinho label. Totally different personelle and sound from this other Formula 7 on Parlophone.

listen to the James Brown imitation in full effect:

Trouble

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    I'm sorry Captain, but I can't help you.
    I never saw this record before.
    Castelinho's records are the hardest to find.
    So, what I said before must be wrong, if this one is from the same Formula 7.
    I'll talk to some friends who know brazilian music much more than I do.

Peace