Dems fall on Bush's dick

2»

Comments

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    this article doesn't make any attempt to say that.

It's a cluster fuck of numbers and rambling that people like Dolo keep bookmarked to fling into these discussions to derail any meaningful discussion about the war in Iraq. Because they will loose that debate every single time.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    The folded for another reason. I wan to to know what it is...

My guess? Because the war is very unpopular, and they basically said, "If you want to keep dragging your party down, go ahead."

Which hardly redeems them because they're still getting people killed in order to play politics, but then again, that's what the GOP has been up to for the past several years.

(cue Dolo: Becuase there pussy gay faggit commies.)

Give me a better reason. They didnt want to scarp with bush on this because they know he don't play. Bush was willing to risk being percieved as being responsible for the funding not going through. They werent.

"Don't play" ha ha. Among other things...

But you may be right, Peter. The Dems still have some accountability with the people, so they might have checked themselves. Bush has no accountability with the people. Never really has, but especially not now. He's out! See ya... And look how the the GOP presidential candidates don't go near him. In the last two debates almost every sentence uttered included Reagan refs, yet Bush hardly mentioned.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and guess they did it because "It was the right thing to do".

Now all you have to figure out is was it "the right thing" for the World, America, the American people, or the Democratic Party.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and guess they did it because "It was the right thing to do".

Now all you have to figure out is was it "the right thing" for the World, America, the American people, or the Democratic Party.

they did it because the dems attached to this "war funding bill" a significant hike in the minimum wage and huge amounts of funding to katrina victims.

if the dems didnt give in to funding the war, bush could have still paid for it from other sources. this vote is a huge PR issue for dems and NAGL to their constituents...but as much as i don't like it, i'm sure the folks in New Orleans and the people making minimum wage will appreciate it. bush would have vetoed these additions if they were not attached to his war money.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    http://brookesnews.com/072603iraqsurge.html

Another gem from Dolo's "news" site, apparently we're well on our way to solving that pesky sunni/shia thing, and all us doubters will soon have egg on our face. Thank god for the surge and "king david." And to think, I almost gave up on Iraq...

btw--where's slabadaba been at?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

Hasn't been established that he is Dolo?

Anyway, Dolo has been kicking your all buts like a Democrat at a White House meeting. You all been

I have not heard anything about minimum wage being attached to this. Is this true? I thought the minimum wage bill had already been passed? Dems couldn't even get this passed as a stand alone?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Hasn't been established that he is Dolo?

Is this true??

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I have not heard anything about minimum wage being attached to this. Is this true? I thought the minimum wage bill had already been passed? Dems couldn't even get this passed as a stand alone?

Boom:

"The bill also includes the first increase in the federal minimum wage since 1997, bringing it up $2.10 an hour to $7.25. And it provides about $20 billion in domestic spending, ranging from money for veterans' health care and hurricane reconstruction to drought relief for farmers and money for state-run children's health insurance programs."

link

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts

Another gem from Dolo's "news" site, apparently we're well on our way to solving that pesky sunni/shia thing, and all us doubters will soon have egg on our face. Thank god for the surge and "king david." And to think, I almost gave up on Iraq...

...similar story from a tiny little news source..

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts

Similar? Did you read either of these articles?

"Just because the Sunni tribesmen have joined with us in Anbar doesn't mean they like the Baghdad government," a senior Administration official told me. "They just hate al-Qaeda more."

Even if Dolo's story was in Time, do you honestly think that anything can make Iraq not the biggest clusterfuck in recent memory?

Early signs are positive; early indicators say that we???re winning.
    vs

a military victory is not possible

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

My guess? Because the war is very unpopular, and they basically said, "If you want to keep dragging your party down, go ahead."

Which hardly redeems them because they're still getting people killed in order to play politics, but then again, that's what the GOP has been up to for the past several years.

that's plausible.

on the other hand, doesn't this just mean the Dems inherit an even BIGGER mess when/if they take over the White House?

if I were Bush I'd be like, "c'mon down, guys! let's let the Dem-O-Crats help us out of this mess in Iraq," knowing it's WAAAAY to late to solve anything before the next presidentials. Bush solicits Dem help, shit is still fucked by '08, and he can say "I told you so; the Dems don't have a solution either!" then the GOP would have an even better chance in '08.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts

that's plausible.

on the other hand, doesn't this just mean the Dems inherit an even BIGGER mess when/if they take over the White House?

if I were Bush I'd be like, "c'mon down, guys! let's let the Dem-O-Crats help us out of this mess in Iraq," knowing it's WAAAAY to late to solve anything before the next presidentials. Bush solicits Dem help, shit is still fucked by '08, and he can say "I told you so; the Dems don't have a solution either!" then the GOP would have an even better chance in '08.

that kind of deep political clon is definitely going on these days...

and UnheardMentality, yes i read both articles. They are similar in that they both are (basically) of the (not seen much) 'surge might be working' style. I thought it was worthy of comparison becuz while the Dolo one is likely a conservative site, Time is hardly so.

but whatever.

Looks like we will be in Iraq in November '08. This will be a terrible thing for this country, that country and the world.

Will it be a good thing for Democrats or Republicans.

Voters will be sceptical about changing parties while the country is at war.

Voters will be sceptical about the party in power if we are still at war.

Could go either way. Gulliani tough on terrorists. Hillary too soft to protect America. Thompson tough as a prosecutor tough on terrorists. Obama sounds like a terrorist to me. Hillary, has the strength to get us out of Iraq. Gulliani knows nothing about foriegn affairs. Obama, will be measured and cautious while doing the right thing. Thompson supported torture supported the surge.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

Voters will be sceptical about changing parties while the country is at war.

Voters will be sceptical about the party in power if we are still at war.

Not according to the poll that was in the ny times today. A majority of Americans trust the Dems more than the GOP to handle the war.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i trust neither party in handling this war. the "we can do war better than you" is just asinine--especially at the point we are in now.

i trust neither party in handling this war. the "we can do war better than you" is just asinine--especially at the point we are in now.