WTF!!!!!?????? Some scary Bush shit rat here

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
Wow, crazy this wasnt coverd by the mainstream media..basically this says that Bush can become, for lack of a better word, dictator if ANY "crisis" or "emergency" arrises in this country and guess who defines "crisis" or "emergency"? Yes, You guessed it, Dub-ya...and what if this "crisis" happens on the next election day? Well, ol dub-ya can cancel the election...this is some scary shit! (sorry if this has been posted)http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2007/05/20070509-12.html

Comments

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

• I think the lection of a democratic president legitmiately qualifies as a national emergency. In that case I would be more than happy to see bush step in and save the country from itself.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    I think the lection of a democratic president legitmiately qualifies as a national emergency. In that case I would be more than happy to see bush step in and save the country from itself.

Or worse, some charismatic leader figure

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Executive Orders associated with FEMA that would suspend the Constitution and the Bill of Rights

These Executive Orders have been on record for nearly 30 years and could be enacted by the stroke of a Presidential pen:...

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10990 allows the government to take over all modes of transportation and control of highways and seaports.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10995 allows the government to seize and control the communication media.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10997allows the government to take over all electrical power, gas, petroleum, fuels and minerals.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10998 allows the government to seize all means of transportation, including personal cars, trucks or vehicles of any kind and total control over all highways, seaports, and waterways.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10999 allows the government to take over all food resources and farms.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11000 allows the government to mobilize civilians into work brigades under government supervision.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11001 allows the government to take over all health, education and welfare functions.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11002 designates the Postmaster General to operate a national registration of all persons.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11003 allows the government to take over all airports and aircraft, including commercial aircraft.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11004 allows the Housing and Finance Authority to relocate communities, build new housing with public funds, designate areas to be abandoned, and establish new locations for populations.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11005 allows the government to take over railroads, inland waterways and public storage facilities.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11051 specifies the responsibility of the Office of Emergency Planning and gives authorization to put all Executive Orders into effect in times of increased international tensions and economic or financial crisis.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11310 grants authority to the Department of Justice to enforce the plans set out in Executive Orders, to institute industrial support, to establish judicial and legislative liaison, to control all aliens, to operate penal and correctional institutions, and to advise and assist the President.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11049 assigns emergency preparedness function to federal departments and agencies, consolidating 21 operative Executive Orders issued over a fifteen year period.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11921 allows the Federal Emergency Preparedness Agency to develop plans to establish control over the mechanisms of production and distribution, of energy sources, wages, salaries, credit and the flow of money in U.S. financial institution in any undefined national emergency. It also provides that when a state of emergency is declared by the President, Congress cannot review the action for six months. The Federal Emergency Management Agency has broad powers in every aspect of the nation. General Frank Salzedo, chief of FEMA's Civil Security Division stated in a 1983 conference that he saw FEMA's role as a "new frontier in the protection of individual and governmental leaders from assassination, and of civil and military installations from sabotage and/or attack, as well as prevention of dissident groups from gaining access to U.S. opinion, or a global audience in times of crisis."

http://educate-yourself.org/cn/femaconcentrationcamplocations07sep05.shtml

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    I think the lection of a democratic president legitmiately qualifies as a national emergency. In that case I would be more than happy to see bush step in and save the country from itself.

trap number 2 set. Dolo's working overtime!!!

• earthingsearthings 78 Posts
    Wow, crazy this wasnt coverd by the mainstream media..basically this says that Bush can become, for lack of a better word, dictator if ANY "crisis" or "emergency" arrises in this country and guess who defines "crisis" or "emergency"? Yes, You guessed it, Dub-ya...and what if this "crisis" happens on the next election day? Well, ol dub-ya can cancel the election...this is some scary shit! (sorry if this has been posted)
    Well, that's pretty much the classic definition of sovereign power there... "the sovereign is he who decides on the state of exception" (Carl Schmitt). So nothing new really. If you want to know more about the "scary shit", what the Patriot Act, Guantanamo etc. are all about, I recommend that you read some of Giorgio Agamben's recent works... especially 'Homo Sacer' and 'State of Exception'. I just finished reading them. Dude basically described the whole post-9/11 scenario years before it happened, which is pretty interesting/scary.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

trap number 2 set. Dolo's working overtime!!!

Yeah, he's trying too hard. Real wingnut trolls would eat this guy for breakfast.

• I think the lection of a democratic president legitmiately qualifies as a national emergency. In that case I would be more than happy to see bush step in and save the country from itself.

You f**king Ass! It figures you would be upset if a democratic president were in office. democrat = advocate of democracy. Democrat = member of the Democratic party

now go f**k off.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

You f**king Ass! It figures you would be upset if a democratic president were in office. democrat = advocate of democracy. Democrat = member of the Democratic party

now go f**k off.

You wanna buy a bridge?

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

Wow

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Wow

Comedy.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts

Wow

Comedy.

If dude wasnt so funny, I woulda been ignoring him months ago.

He's like Soulstrut's own little Steven Colbert, only he's not in on the joke...

Arguing with a caricature is right...

• BlackmarksBlackmarks 155 Posts
    I've been predicting this for the past two years. I really expect something around september before the next election. it will not suprise me at all if the election is postponed or suspended indef. and bush stays. I believe it will take a coup to get him out.

the president has always had the right to suspend our rights in order to establish marshall law. it is the only way for the gov. to stave off a people's revolution. but he can use any reason, be it natural disaster, terrerists domestic or international, war abroad, etc. This is not his policy, george washington had the same powers. . .

on a side note, i'm kind of surprised that he hasn't yet tried to repeal the anti-fdr amendment to allow a third term.

• Options
    He said some funny shit this morning during a speech in the rose garden, about how China is going to want "American beef. They want it, and they're going to like it" or something to that effect. My head actually jerked up from my breakfast to see if he had his "I'm kidding" smirk on. Nope.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    He said some funny shit this morning during a speech in the rose garden, about how China is going to want "American beef. They want it, and they're going to like it" or something to that effect. My head actually jerked up from my breakfast to see if he had his "I'm kidding" smirk on. Nope.

well, China should know: don't start no beef won't be no beef.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

well, China should know: don't start no beef won't be no beef.

Cue up the "Chinese Restaurant" skit from The Score.

"You want beef?"

• Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts

dolo....... you a funny dude

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

• faded_gloryfaded_glory 421 Posts

yeah that caught everyone's attention on the trading floor this morning - "they want american beef, it's good for 'em!" also the response about illegal immigrants - "well, you can't just kick 'em out ....." those live press conferences always help the day along.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Dolo will stand alone.

Don't forget that even in his hospital bed even F'in JOHN AHSHCROFT thought Bush was going to far. The American people would run him out of the White House faster than you can say "gun control".

I heard him this morning. He does pretty good when he is serious and sticking to the script. He did crack one joke and nobody, I mean nobody, laughed. He and Dolo are the only 2 left who think Iraq is funny. But when he is on script, he is good. Though why we should allow Osama Bin Laden to dictate where we are going to fight I don't know. Why we are fighting Osama's proxies instead of him, I don't know. But I trust Bush because he has seen the intelligence.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    He does pretty good when he is serious and sticking to the script.

A great speech writer can take you far. Hell, Pat Buchanon parlayed speech writing into a political career of his own.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Hell, Pat Buchanon parlayed speech writing into a political career of his own.

to be fair, Buchanon also had the latent, vicious xenophobia of large segments of the American people on his side.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

to be fair, Buchanon also had the latent, vicious xenophobia of large segments of the American people on his side.

True. I'll add to my previous statement: the lowest common denominator can take you far!

True. I'll add to my previous statement: the lowest common denominator can take you far!

Thank you for bringing up Buchanan. As far as I know Buchanan has never disavowed his Nazi views, he just dresses them as Republican views. So why is he on Washington Week in review? (Or what ever the show is he is on?) It drives me up the wall that 1) He is given a platform. 2) He presents the right side while some mealy mouthed Hillary apologist presents the "left".

They should put him on the View.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

They should put him on the View.

That would be good...

But I heard they are trying to get someone way more politically savvy and eloquent than Rosie.....

Roseanne Barr

• Options
    He did crack one joke and nobody, I mean nobody, laughed

I caught that too, then he asked "Y'all didn't like that one huh?..oh well"

• "WHAT NOW, BUCHANAN?"[/b]

"WHAT NOW, BUCHANAN?"[/b]

McLaughlin Group. I hate that show. Those people just yell at each other. And the reasons stated above.

• Here is a poem I wrote in the military style(think marching drums) about W a while back:

A heart in his chest, A glint in his eye
    A spine in his back, A gun by his thigh
    No virtue his stranger, No vice his friend
    No thoughts of grave danger, No knee will he bend
    So gallant in action, So stern in resolve
    So brave this fine champion, so noble his goals
    They deride his speech, They spit on his name
    They shall fall at his feet, They conspire in vain

Oh george!, Oh george!
    Carry us from misery oh george!

Oh george!, Oh george!
    Carry us to victory oh george!

Here is a poem I wrote in the military style(think marching drums) about W a while back:

A heart in his chest, A glint in his eye
    A spine in his back, A gun by his thigh
    No virtue his stranger, No vice his friend
    No thoughts of grave danger, No knee will he bend
    So gallant in action, So stern in resolve
    So brave this fine champion, so noble his goals
    They deride his speech, They spit on his name
    They shall fall at his feet, They conspire in vain

Oh george!, Oh george!
    Carry us from misery oh george!

Oh george!, Oh george!
    Carry us to victory oh george!

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.