liverpool or milan ?

2»

Comments

• you can not score a goal with your arm. fucking bollocks.

The only thing controversial about that goal was giving Milan a direct kick in the first place.

LOL at direct kick.

Is that an American term?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I dunno what was harder to watch. The Goal off the arm. Gerrard's missed opportunity or how boring most of the game was. Even if my Reds would have won, I would have been slightly disappointed.

Mind you, just slightly...

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    you can not score a goal with your arm. fucking bollocks.

The only thing controversial about that goal was giving Milan a direct kick in the first place.

LOL at direct kick.

umm, you do get direct and indirect free kicks in football. and if it wasn't direct, Inzaghi scored it as opposed to Pirlo who took the shit. (he was trying to score direct mind you).

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts

LOL at direct kick. Christ I'm hungover. Prestige and McCoy, my thoughts go out to you, it's a painful time. Italian football should kick itself in the nuts more often, brought then the club and national trophies in 12 months.

i think rafa waited too long to put crouch in, and why he thought bringing in kewell for zenden was a good idea i'll never know. zenden should have been out at the start of the 2nd half, and not replaced by kewell, who IMO sucks, just like the horrible tattoo on his hand/wrist.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,915 Posts

LOL at direct kick. Christ I'm hungover. Prestige and McCoy, my thoughts go out to you, it's a painful time. Italian football should kick itself in the nuts more often, brought then the club and national trophies in 12 months.

Irony was that Milan were arguably the better side in 2005 and lost, yet we were demonstrably better last night, and ended up losing for much the same reasons we've lost matches in the domestic league; insufficient quality in front of goal.

Rafa's tactics were bewildering at times last night. Mascherano, clearly our best player, pretty much shut Kaka out of the game last night. Not long after he was taken off, Kaka threads a pass through a sleeping defence and Inzaghi runs onto it to score. Crouch came on far too late to make any real difference, even though he was winning just about every ball he went for. Kuyt played far too deep, Carragher had the worst game he's had all season, and Gerrard was largely ineffective. For all that, though, Milan were, by their standards, wretched. They weren't in the game at all up until the free-kick. Unfortunately for us, they made the most of the few chances they had. Inzaghi may be a technically rotten player, but you can't fault his instinct, even if it's often only an instinct for standing in front of the ball and letting it cannon off your shoulder before you can get out of the way.

Still, two CL finals in three seasons ain't bad. Gotta be philosophical, what with it being Athens and all.

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    true, i am happy they were in 2 CL finals in 3 years. word is rafa will be cleaning house, so let's see how the summer transfer treats us.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Yeah it's a hell of an achievement for, no diss to liverpool intended, a team that would barely make my top 5 in the competition based purely on talent prior to the start of the tournament.

Regarding the winning a final with Zenden, let us not forget that in 2005 Liverpool won it with Djimi Traore and Smicer on the pitch, it can be done. However, no one stepped up their game really last night about from Pennant who just isn't quite good enough.

Still don't understand his team selection though and baffled by the bringing on of Kewell.

• robert_murtrobert_murt 338 Posts

INZAGHI IS A PREDATOR. MOVEMENT IS SUBLIME.

Milan is top team for sure, Kaka-pirlo-nesta are dope, and Liverpool is overated if you take them out of Ansfield.. BUT that Inzhagi goal is not sublime at all, his move is just the average forward technic. This guy is just a bumper. If he's metaphoricly a predator I would call him a hyenna!

And don't even tell me about Gatuso, this guy is a butcher.
    And thanks to the referee (or maybe Berlusconi is the fourth referee?) for obviously removing 20s of play at the end of the game..

Aaaarrghhh that final was

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

INZAGHI IS A PREDATOR. MOVEMENT IS SUBLIME.

Milan is top team for sure, Kaka-pirlo-nesta are dope, and Liverpool is overated if you take them out of Ansfield.. BUT that Inzhagi goal is not sublime at all, his move is just the average forward technic. This guy is just a bumper. If he's metaphoricly a predator I would call him a hyenna!

And don't even tell me about Gatuso, this guy is a butcher.
    And thanks to the referee (or maybe Berlusconi is the fourth referee?) for obviously removing 20s of play at the end of the game..

Aaaarrghhh that final was

Dolo is just parroting platitudes, why bother discussing it with his cluelessness?

I really don't like Liverpool, but I have to say the match officials were taking major payola to ensure no last minute come back. Dodgy timekeeping and every 50-50 decision went against Liverpool in the last 10 minutes.

Cannavaro wrote some really gloating cheesy crap in the papers. Italian football is completely lacking in integrity. English football is completely lacking in savvy.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Yeah, the whole Berlusconi thing at the end was the definition of bullshit.

• LeftyLefty 259 Posts
    his instinct, even if it's often only an instinct for standing in front of the ball and letting it cannon off your shoulder before you can get out of the way.

hell yes i love in inzaghi

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    his instinct, even if it's often only an instinct for standing in front of the ball and letting it cannon off your shoulder before you can get out of the way.

hell yes i love in inzaghi

You sound like you've never known the feeling of belting in a 20 yarder off crossbar & post. Tommy Smyth was really struggling to use his bulge in the old onion bag catchphrase. Fucking goalhangers!

• you can not score a goal with your arm. fucking bollocks.

LOL at direct kick.

umm, you do get direct and indirect free kicks in football. and if it wasn't direct, Inzaghi scored it as opposed to Pirlo who took the shit. (he was trying to score direct mind you).

Not sure what you're trying to say...

I'm saying that Milan shouldn't have been given the foul in the first place.

That said, the goal was fair. To me it looked like Inzaghi didn't purposely use his shoulder.