liverpool or milan ?

coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
who will rule ?just saw a replayy of 2005,any way this one can = that one ?

Comments

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    i see Milan winning this one.

i still don't understand why they don't they show this game on the weekend????

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    kaka and gattuso are two of my favorite players. so im rootin for milan, but damn if liverpool doesnt always manage to find a way to win.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    kaka and gattuso are two of my favorite players. so im rootin for milan, but damn if liverpool doesnt always manage to find a way to win.

& this fellow has been on fire

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I have to support DOR and side w/ gerrard, rise and company.

again kaka is the most dangerous man on the pitch, sorry gerrard.

• Mr_DelmontMr_Delmont 279 Posts
    Agreed.

Kaka is my guy...but Liverpool somehow always pulls off the win.

What time is this game on in the states?

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    What time is this game on in the states?

not now, but right now.

i just got a text from my homeboy and it read "shoulder of god". i take it there was some questionable usage of body parts in that goal.

i think i need to take a long 'coffee break' now. gotta see at least some of this game.

"shoulder of god". i take it there was some questionable usage of body parts in that goal.

" i swearz it was my chest"

• Mr_DelmontMr_Delmont 279 Posts
    Damn!

I'm hope the Fox soccer channel will replay this tonight.

• tiger_blurptiger_blurp 275 Posts
    i think i need to take a long 'coffee break' now. gotta see at least some of this game.

At the half already.

Pirlo freekick just outside the box deflects of Inzhagi's arm/shoulder. No call. Milan 1-0.

and this guy has been killing it !

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    Liverpool playing better than I expected, Milan are kinda losing it on the midfield. Kak?? and Seedorf can do much better, luckily that free kick went in though, so I have good hopes for a Milan victory

" & that was my foot !"

" & those were my nutz"

"ps, tell heath ledger to back the f off"

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    Damn!

I'm hope the Fox soccer channel will replay this tonight.

espn classic 8 PM ET

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    you can not score a goal with your arm. fucking bollocks.

and yes i am mad doggie.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    bad luck scousers!

• I'm so glad liverpool lost. Long ball sides dont deserve to hold the most prestigious trophy in club football.

• robert_murtrobert_murt 338 Posts
    I'm so glad liverpool lost. Long ball sides dont deserve to hold the most prestigious trophy in club football.

Liverpool lost and I'm sad. This is one of the most painful champions league final I've ever saw. And Inzaghi is maybe the most ugliest player of all time.

• I'm so glad liverpool lost. Long ball sides dont deserve to hold the most prestigious trophy in club football.

Liverpool lost and I'm sad. This is one of the most painful champions league final I've ever saw. And Inzaghi is maybe the most ugliest player of all time.

INZAGHI IS A PREDATOR. MOVEMENT IS SUBLIME.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Inzaghi killed it!! His second goal is
    I'm glad they won.

• good article about Inzaghi here

http://football.guardian.co.uk/championsleague200607/story/0,,2070424,00.html

apparently he's actually not very good at playing football, just some freakish goal machine.

both teams were pretty poor in that final. how come whenever Gerrard has a bad game it is blamed on him being played out of position?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I feel all Liverpool supporter's pain at having to watch Inzaghi's celebrations twice in one match. My scouse friends in the pub were in a world of pain.

On the plus side Pennant stepped up and had a good game (though he still can't reallt cross the ball for shit)

Questions will no doubt be asked about Rafa's substitution choices in the match (was Kewell match fit? Why so long to bring Crouch on etc etc)

Will have a better idea in the morning when the alcohol has been replaced by a hangover.

• you can not score a goal with your arm. fucking bollocks.

The only thing controversial about that goal was giving Milan a direct kick in the first place.

But they can win the World Cup, right?

you can not score a goal with your arm. fucking bollocks.

The only thing controversial about that goal was giving Milan a direct kick in the first place.

LOL at direct kick. Christ I'm hungover. Prestige and McCoy, my thoughts go out to you, it's a painful time. Italian football should kick itself in the nuts more often, brought then the club and national trophies in 12 months.

• HonkyFippleHonkyFipple 418 Posts
    I hate to say it, but the game was terrible. Second half was really boring.

I hate to say it, but the game was terrible. Second half was really boring.

Yeah it was painfully bad. Don't think I can recall more than 3 proper goalscoring chances in the whole match.

Liverpool should of saved the money they spent of Kuyt and Bellamy and just bought Inzaghi from Milan. Pennant is rubbish by the way, no wonder Wenger sold him, he might get the ball a lot but he does FUCK ALL with it!

I admire Benitez's wits as a manager but his transfer policy is lacking. Rotating mediocre players is never gonna be as good as just having a solid first team.

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    Liverpool should of saved the money they spent of Kuyt and Bellamy and just bought Inzaghi from Milan. Pennant is rubbish by the way, no wonder Wenger sold him, he might get the ball a lot but he does FUCK ALL with it!

I admire Benitez's wits as a manager but his transfer policy is lacking. Rotating mediocre players is never gonna be as good as just having a solid first team.

Exactly, players like Zenden shouldn't even be playing in a Champions League final.

how do you go from getting a free transfer from Middlesborough to playing in the Champions League final?!

Riise is much better on the left of midfield, dunno what the injury situtation was like but a 4-4-2, with Gerrard on the right and Riise on the left with Mascherano, Alonso in the middle with Kuyt and Crouch upfront might of given them more chance of getting a goal prior to the last minute.

but then the 4-5-1 might be the only reason they stayed in the game for a while, anything else would of just left them hopelessly exposed.