want: OS MUTANTES

youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
edited May 2007 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
os mutantes-os mutantes. polydor brazil 1968. never heard this record so it's about time. hollar. peace, stein. . .

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    You are in for an experience. Wish I caught them on their reunion tour last year.

• top LP of all time for me

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    top LP of all time for me
    but do have a spare copy for me??? peace, stein. . .

• pencilfacepencilface 674 Posts
    i know it's not the same -- but if you just want to hear it while waiting to score an OG, its on this superior blog:

lost in tyme - os mutantes

• sorry stein, sold my later issue copy for good $$$

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    There's a later issue on eBay right now, B-I-N $75 ...

• i sold my 80s issue for around 60 pounds (sort of 120 dollars) but I got goood money on that one.

• TaTaTaTa 2 Posts
    You are in for an experience. Wish I caught them on their reunion tour last year.

I got a copy of this record strangely enough at a car boot sale.

Wish i caught the reunion. But believe it or not they are back in the UK in july doing 3 dates. got my ticket already at www.trocabrahma.com

• markus71markus71 937 Posts
    I was in Rio last february. The first day I was in a recordstore near the Copacabana and the owner asked me if I had anything to do the next night.
    He said there was a nice band playing a reunion gig in Rio.
    It appeared to be Os Mutantes so we got tickets next door.

What amazed me most was the fact that every single person in the place knew all of their songs. It was madness, 1500 people singing along to "Baby" and "El Justiciero".
    They played all the classics with the original line up, except Rita Lee was replaced by another singer. The back up band consisted of mostly younger musicians but they smoked just as hard.