Motherfucking Trail Blazers

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    haha!

who would dallas give up for zach? or would it be a sign and trade deal involving seattle, rashard lewis and jason terry?

I hope they don't go after him.....but I wouldn't mind giving up Terry and Diop for Rashard.

Come to think of it, Dallas kinda plays unorthodox. They neither play an inside-out game or a run and gun. They seem to take whatever's there. Is this true?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    haha!

who would dallas give up for zach? or would it be a sign and trade deal involving seattle, rashard lewis and jason terry?

I hope they don't go after him.....but I wouldn't mind giving up Terry and Diop for Rashard.

Come to think of it, Dallas kinda plays unorthodox. They neither play an inside-out game or a run and gun. They seem to take whatever's there. Is this true?

Against the Warriors they didn't play, period.

The team I watched all season could play 1/2 Court or Run & Gun, depending on the situation.

You don't win 67 games without a functioning offense.

But there is no question against Golden State they looked like they would be happy with "whatever they could get" and it wasn't much.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    haha!

They run an "orthodox" offense in the sense that they don't have a real point guard to run and initiate the offense. Both Terry and D. Harris are scorers first. What they run is a lot of pick and roll and one-on-one plays.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Actually I think the team that lost to the Shaq/Kobe Lakers was a better squad through and through than the Drexler teams. That was one of the greatest playoff series ever. Had they not collapsed in the 4th quarter they would have easily won the title.

Cosign great series, terrible ending. I could feel them losing that game even when they were up by 10+.
    One of the worst game watching experiences EVAR. A real heartbreaker.

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    Nothing beats game 6 in 92...That 4th runied my life.

• Hello, LaMarcus Aldridge? You are now completely useless. Good night.

Exactly, thats why they should take Durant..he'd work better with the squad Portland has now..But its gonna be hard to pass on Oden..

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    haha!

Against the Warriors they didn't play, period.

The team I watched all season could play 1/2 Court or Run & Gun, depending on the situation.

You don't win 67 games without a functioning offense.

But there is no question against Golden State they looked like they would be happy with "whatever they could get" and it wasn't much.

Word. Not belittling their offense at all. Although I do get the impression that having a consistent inside threat would have helped tremendously.

What's done is done, but any other first round matchup for Dallas and the O'Brien trophy woulda been theirs. If they do bounce back and win it next year, it'll be sweet redemption fo real doh.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Hello, LaMarcus Aldridge? You are now completely useless. Good night.

Exactly, thats why they should take Durant..he'd work better with the squad Portland has now..But its gonna be hard to pass on Oden..

You guys are tripping ALdridge is a 4 all the way. Oden ain't taking jack from him. Z-bow needs to be worried.

• Mr_DelmontMr_Delmont 279 Posts
    Don???t know about Durant working better with the team as it stands now.

Durant will just make things complicated. I wouldn???t be mad if we got him but it would be confusing to whose team it would be B-Roy???s or Durant???s. Not to mention we would still have a hole at center.

Oden on the other hand will make everybody on the team better. Guys that the Blazers have not known what to do with the past couple of seasons have the most to gain from drafting Oden....i.e. Webster and Outlaw. Imagine the looks beyond the arc Webster will get when Oden draw the double team.

You cant fuck with this starting line up:

Oden
    Aldridge
    Outlaw
    Roy
    Jack

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    You cant fuck with this starting line up:

Oden
    Aldridge
    Outlaw
    Roy
    Jack

Will he make more of an impact that Dwight Howard?

Dont believe the hype.

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    I'm seeing more and more rumours that Kevin Pritchard (Portland GM) likes Durant. Also a tantalising rumour of Portland trading Randolph to New Jersey for Richard Jefferson.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    I'm seeing more and more rumours that Kevin Pritchard (Portland GM) likes Durant. Also a tantalising rumour of Portland trading Randolph to New Jersey for Richard Jefferson.

maybe thats why theyre rumours? trading randolph is addition by subtraction. you think the blazers are worried about having to try to get mike conley jr. if they choose greg oden.

eh?

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    odenas camp keeps saying that he'd feel most comfortable having his best friend and the only pg he's ever played with on the team blah blah blah... again just rumours.

Blazers would need to trade something of value to get a pick that would take Conley. I think that they are happy with the PG situation (for now). I'm not really gonna ride for Zach Randolph because there are some flaws in his game, but he has some real value in trade. He has a great nose for the ball around the rim, and he has a great soft touch and a nice twenty foot jumper. When the Blazers trade him he will come back to torch us every time. Not saying they shouldn't trade him, thats a no-brainer, but they can get some real value in return.

It's a regular sowing circle on northwest sports radio the last few days.

Rumors I've heard

Z-Bo-Jefferson
    Z-Bo-Lewis
    Z-Bo & J.Jack-Boston's 5th pick (to pick up Conley)

Pritchard has said we are interested in Lewis.....which would only mean we would draft Oden.

We'll see June 28th.

this is Dan Dickau's dream (unlikely)

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    odenas camp keeps saying that he'd feel most comfortable having his best friend and the only pg he's ever played with on the team blah blah blah... again just rumours.

Oden is a very bright young man. He is quite aware that he will be in no position to dictate to, or really even ask, for a team to go after his little buddy. I think he will be happy just know they both made it.

He'd still be third behind Sergio and Conley. Also don't be surprised to see Roy play more at the point against certain teams.

Most likely he'll be gone next year. We'll pick up a third string PG with one of our 4 (!!!) second round picks. Aaron Brooks could be a good pick up. Not sure if he'll go late first round or what though.

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts

Oden very much wants to play w/ Conley. He's been lobbying even before the lotto.

Oden very much wants to play w/ Conley. He's been lobbying even before the lotto.

That's silly.

Dude needs to get the NBA mindstate goin. Just because he played w/ that kid in college doesnt mean that chemistry will mesh w/ what the Trailblazers are doing. He aint muthafuckin Shaq.

If Jack is traded (which he won't be) there is no way that Portland would want a guard rotation of Sergio and two rookies. Dan Dickau would be kept because he is a veteran. And Roy is a stopgap at best at the point.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

That's silly.

Dude needs to get the NBA mindstate goin. Just because he played w/ that kid in college and high school [/b] doesnt mean that chemistry will mesh w/ what the Trailblazers are doing. He aint muthafuckin Shaq.

Dude needs to get the NBA mindstate goin. Just because he played w/ that kid in college
    and high school [/b] doesnt mean that chemistry will mesh w/ what the Trailblazers are doing. He aint muthafuckin Shaq.

I remember when dudes were hopin that Howard & Webber reunited in Washington(Bullets) they would make some noise.Didnt Happen.

Good point.

I do think that if we go after a couple PGs in the second round.....Dickau will no longer be a Blazer. Remember this is a guy that was in Nate's doghouse the first half of the season.

What about Freddie Jones? I think if he doesnt work on his jumper.....he'll be our 11th man warming the bench. The roster (if everybody is healthy) will be too crowded to keep him in the rotation.

• faded_gloryfaded_glory 421 Posts
    don't get it wrong though - conley is very high on draft boards in his own right. he'll likely go top-10 based on his tournament performance and portland trying to go after him isnt just to appease oden ... it just so happens that oden's best friend happens to be a stud pg ... personally i think his ceiling is terrell brandon when he was at his best (which isnt a bad thing) but the hype on him is high right now

Odds are pretty good that the Hawks will take Conley. They really need a PG. Oden needs to get over it.

• mallardmallard 452 Posts
    don't get it wrong though - conley is very high on draft boards in his own right. he'll likely go top-10 based on his tournament performance and portland trying to go after him isnt just to appease oden ... it just so happens that oden's best friend happens to be a stud pg ... personally i think his ceiling is terrell brandon when he was at his best (which isnt a bad thing) but the hype on him is high right now

don.t forget

I was surprised that Indiana took Freddie Jones as high as they did. As much as I liked watching him play at Oregon, he just seems to have a limited skill set for an NBA player. The league never seems to lack super-athletic small forwards with mediocre jump shots. However, he could easily become MVP of some european league.

I was surprised that Indiana took Freddie Jones as high as they did. As much as I liked watching him play at Oregon, he just seems to have a limited skill set for an NBA player. The league never seems to lack super-athletic small forwards with mediocre jump shots. However, he could easily become MVP of some european league.

After the Brawl suspensions, Freddie Jones was st8 doin it for the Pacers. He can be a productive bench player if given the opportunity in the right system.