Is This eBayer Legit: francoifunky

2»

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    And those of us familiar with the Dismasters would call this a "small time hustle".

• HE FUCKED ME ON A $300 AUCTION. DON'T TRUST HIM.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

Record Karma Is Rael!!!!!

haha. the good thing about this thread is that now you know who has your back. so next time you and laserwolf get into it, it'll be time to call in some favors

to everyone else hollering at rey: so what was he supposed to do, sit on this record for life because it was given to him for free?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Personally, I don't know what the dialogue between Jon and Rich was but if I was in Jon's shoes, I would've made clear that I was going to re-sell it, and made a fair offer to Rich in consideration of the fact that the record world is mighty small, word travels, and reputation is everything.

From my memory of the original finds thread where the sale took place, nowhere was it implied or inferred that the record would be resold. I personally thought he might've wanted it for the cover alone.

Rich sells records on ebay too - he could've just as easily sold it himself. To his credit, I don't think Rich is someone who looks at unplayably warped records and thinks, "I'll sell this on ebay". Sometimes it's not the amount of money, but how you get it. You know?

There's nothing technically wrong about what Jon did - he gained possession of the record and chose to sell it. But it is not a good look. My solution, if I was in his shoes, is that I would cut a check to Rich. I have often done that when a record turns out to be worth a lot more than I or the seller expects. For istance, that test pressing collection (which I am only 1/3 done selling) I bought for a mere trifle, having no idea what it was. I went back and cut a check to the seller because that's just the right way to do business.

I don't think these ideas are particularly odd or progressive. It's just (to me) the right thing to do.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    What's funny is that you didn't mean for this bit of information to "leak" did you?

Bwahahahah... you really must not be familiar with Rey's work.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Illrarestabs?????????????????

you rang?

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    My solution, if I was in his shoes, is that I would cut a check to Rich.

if francoifunky comes thru..

but i hear you johnny, rep is everything in this game of ours. in fact, i dunno if anyone remembers me flaming DGA a few years back, but by cutting me a 2nd check after they moved a cannonball adderley w.63rd og i had sold them, for more than expected, that did wonders for our working relationship.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I posted the LP lamenting about how it was sealed when I bought it for $0.25 and was warped badly when I opened it.

Rey asked what I wanted for it and I said postage....to me, a record in that condition is worthless.

I didn't know or care what he was going to do with it....nor do I think he owes me anything.

Quite frankly, I think his sale of this LP will wind up being more trouble for him than it's worth.

I've often tried to use what I call the "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest" analogy when explaining to Shop Owners the condition of records....

In the film, Nicholson is running a Poker game and a cigarette is worth a dime.

Danny DeVito's character keeps breaking cigarettes in half while saying "I bet a Nickel".

Nicholson finally stops the game to explain to "Martini" that "This(a cigarette) is worth a dime, This(half a cigarette) is worth SHIT"

That sealed LP might have been worth more than a dime but that same LP badly warped is worth SHIT.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I don't think these ideas are particularly odd or progressive. It's just (to me) the right thing to do.

Sadly, doing the right thing because it's the right thing to do seems rather odd and progressive to many people.

I blame capitalism. And rap. And Imus.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    As long as Rock ain't stressing it too much I'm all good. But,

I personally thought he might've wanted it for the cover alone.

Rock is a very good dude.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

When did you become Rock's personal protector? Will this development extend into basketball-related threads?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

When did you become Rock's personal protector? Will this development extend into basketball-related threads?

When that Shaq/Kobe fan beef escalated, he's the one that sent me a PM.

I hope so.......{Deleted} I made some wise ass comment about Faux but after reading his "paniqued" retort I can't front on someone with that good a sense of humor[Deleted}

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts

but i hear you johnny, rep is everything in this game of ours. in fact, i dunno if anyone remembers me flaming DGA a few years back, but by cutting me a 2nd check after they moved a cannonball adderley w.63rd og i had sold them, for more than expected, that did wonders for our working relationship.

so wait, you sold them a record, and they sold it for way more than double what they bought it for? Usually they give you 1/2 of what they're gonna sell it for.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

so wait, you sold them a record, and they sold it for way more than double what they bought it for? Usually they give you 1/2 of what they're gonna sell it for.

basically. they paid 1/2 of what they thought they sould sell it for and then added on once they got more than expected.

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    Rey, if this was all a planned experiment from the beginning, why not at least be sporting and make a bet on the board, get the record, post it up, see what happens, etc. Everybody laughs. Say what you want, that shit you pulled is straight surreptitious.

It should be a damn known fact by now that Rock is just about the most dudest. French dudes "pay" 150 bones for records dude wipes his ass with.

It should be a damn known fact by now that Rock is just about the most dudest. French dudes "pay" 150 bones for records dude wipes his ass with.

You're overestimating my status.......my mattress only cost $349.00