A Tip for those who suffer from allergies

autoauto 198 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central

Comments

• vajdaijvajdaij 447 Posts
    I've been told that eating honey that's raised/harvested locally will also help, if you don't feel like flushing your skull.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

I'm sure I could use that, but

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts

Neti pot or not...

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

Neti pot or not...

i've used this for years and it works pretty well. once in the am and once at night...

• I'm sure I could use that, but
    lol That Beans graemlin is a must

• I've been told that eating honey that's raised/harvested locally will also help, if you don't feel like flushing your skull.

this is true and has worked for me in the past. dank hippie natural organic type shit. a spoonful in the morning washed down with water. recommended.

something to do with pollen/allergens being in the honey from the bees, so your body builds an immunity to it.

I don't really suffer too much in brooklyn due to the abundance of concrete, but get me out of the city and near some dandilions and I'm a wreck.

on the topic of neti pots, my mom has been repping these saline solution nasal wash things for years, except the one she has at home doesn't look like a magic genie lamp.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

something to do with pollen/allergens being in the honey from the bees, so your body builds an immunity to it.

I used to have pretty bad allergies as a kid, but walking outside an hour a day to and from work has really taken the edge off, I believe for the same reason (constant exposure leading to acclimation to the allergen).

By the way, how much does it suck to buy Sudafed these days? It's like I'm trying to buy a gun. Thanks, meth heads. For this, and for all your other contributions to society.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

uhhhh....I guess it's nice to flush out your sinuses from time to time but I can't see how this device addresses the root causes of the symptoms, i.e. allergens in the air prompting your body to release histimines.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

uhhhh....I guess it's nice to flush out your sinuses from time to time but I can't see how this device addresses the root causes of the symptoms, i.e. allergens in the air prompting your body to release histimines.

trust me dude, just having the allergens that are crammed up there, flushed out makes a world of difference. plus you flush with salt water so that helps dry out your sinuses and calm the itching/swelling... there's actually ways to flush from your nose and out of your mouth to help with throat itching, which is imo the most annoying allergic reaction. there's no real way to itch it besides making a dry heave clicking noise...

there's actually ways to flush from your nose and out of your mouth to help with throat itching, which is imo the most annoying allergic reaction. there's no real way to itch it besides making a dry heave clicking noise...

yeah I suffer from terrible allergies and every year around Springtime I roll around making this soudn for a few weeks. fools must think I'm crazy.

but yeah, I see the utility in this device, I just think it needs to be used in conjunction with meds. I am currently on Zyrtec-D and Nasanex plus a steroid asthma inhaler for the real bad wheezy days. and when I clean out the sinuses I reach for the compressed-air saline spray. shit packs a punch.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I've never gone for a test but the allergies have been more itme specific the older i get. I know for sure it's late may to end of june, which conincides w/ grass pollen season. I reckon that's what I'm allergic to.

Some days are bad, some not so bad. They just started popping up on the weekend. Looks like I'll suffer for the next month or so, w/ my loratadine tablets by my side.

Life could be worst, at least I'm not allergic to food. That would be a sad sad day.

Life could be worst, at least I'm not allergic to food. That would be a sad sad day.

saying.

or penicillin.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Nasiline - it's the Neti Pot for the grown and sexy.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

http://www.nosefrida.com/

she looks so happy getting the snot sucked out of her nose

• autoauto 198 Posts
    is the other end going into that person's moutH? thats some dedication to helping out your child if you are sucking their snot out of their nose

she looks so happy getting the snot sucked out of her nose

who wouldn't be really

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    is the other end going into that person's moutH? thats some dedication to helping out your child if you are sucking their snot out of their nose

The website says in ALL CAPS "WITH THE FILTER IN PLACE, THE PARENT DOES NOT COME IN CONTACT WITH THE MUCOUS FROM THE CHILD".

I guess they had to clear that up.

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    My girl has re-fashioned a water pick to get neta-ffect! her mashup consists of destilled warm water, baking soda & salt.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

saying.

or penicillin.

ugh, why to be me. why to be me.

- spidey

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    I've been told that eating honey that's raised/harvested locally will also help, if you don't feel like flushing your skull.

No can do.
    My CellPhone radiation killed all the bees, so no honey.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts