Stockholm Strut

sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
I will be in Stockholm till Sunday from Thursday on. I will be traveling with my girl and another friend of ours. We will stay in ??lvsjo (dunno if spelled correctly). I have never been to this city and the only thing confirmed so far is club f12 on sunday, marc hype and jim dunloop will be playing there. If anyone in Stockholm has time to hook up, hit me on the pm. I also try to bring records, so if anyone is interested in some German and Dutch stuff, let me know...it would be superbe to have some guidance, also regarding record shops and not so touristy but interesting stuff (although it will be strictly crown bins for me, as I am tight on the budget ). Who here on this board is from Stockholm actually? If I remember correctly, McDoom is from there, but he might be living somewhere outside the city. Anyone else? I am really looking forward, as I heard nothing but good things about Stockholm. Thanks in advance for any support!!

Comments

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    Great city - there are lots of record stores there, but in my opinion, the best is Record Mania - lots of good stuff there. It's on the bottom island, who's name escapes me.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    yup, great city. record mania is by far the best recordshop ( gamm/raw fusion etc headz know the deal) and there are a couple of other stores nearby. hopefully stockholm strutters will drop some more details.

• earthingsearthings 78 Posts
    record mania is by far the best recordshop
    Co-sign. Great records there, including some serious grails from time to time. I have no idea where they keep getting them from. Lars is a great guy too.

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    yep. recordmania is one of my fav. stores on earth. also check out snickars records.
    peace, stein. . .

• drumsdrums 83 Posts
    Record Mania is nice but there are quite a few more.

You can find Snickars Records at Heleneborgsgatan 5A (Subway (Line Red) to Hornstull). You should also walk down S:t Eriksgatan. The whole street is covered with record shops (Subway (Green Line) to S:t Eriksplan). Lost of second hand stores there. Record Mania is mostly soul/funk/rap. If you want to get some psychedelic rock or things of that nature you should walk down S:t Eriksgatan. Otherwise. S??dermalm is the part of the city where you can find alot of stores, resturants and clubs. Oh, and check out Mellotronen too. It's located in Gamla Stan (The Old City). They got alot of weird stuff like jazz and psychedelic music. Hope this will help you a little bit. Hit me up if you want some more info.

/Drums

• stefskistefski 12 Posts
    When you're at Snickars ask for Mickes