lisa "LEFT EYE" lopes ROCK DOC'S

youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
amazing stuff. speak on it. peace, stein. . .

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I miss Left Eye. She was nutty and I kinda liked her alot

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Word. My hommie was in a studio session with her one night in L.A. He said she was smoking blunts and drinking 40s all night. Real gangster. He said she was real cool and very beautiful in person.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    I miss Left Eye. She was nutty and I kinda liked her alot

heres left eye doin "aint 2 proud.." on the solo tip, from the 12":

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    amazing stuff. speak on it. peace, stein. . .

what are u referring too???

i was sort of obsessed with her, i thought she was a beautiful spirit
    even when she was known for

i made this when i first learned illustrator, its in my bedroom now

I'm not even trying to be funny when I say THE CUT
    was perhaps my favorite MTV show evar. She murdered that shit.

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    what are u referring too??

was referring to the documentary aired on VH1.

i was also lucky enough to meet her. she was gorgeous, tiny and a bundle of positive energy. peace, stein. . .

• FunkyFlatulentFunkyFlatulent 1,106 Posts
    i have yet to see it, but i heard it was an amazing show. They said they in car camera footage or the crash. Is that true?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    She whooped my ass in pool back in the day.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    I had the biggest crush on her back in the day....and was deeply saddend by her passing. You all are lucky to have met her, she seemed mad cool.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    I saw this the other day and ended up watching it twice. Those VH1 Rock Docs are really well done. I was never a huge Tupac follower, but the Tupac one (I don't think that was made for VH1, but still) was great. The use of the interviews along with footage and photos creates a pretty amazing flow and narrative. It's kind of creepy how the narration of both the Tupac one and the Left Eye one seemed like they were done after their deaths.

The Left Eye documentary was totally captivating. She seems like such a sweet person who obviously had some shit to deal with. She's really adorable and has beautiful eyes, which as corny as it sounds, reveal a lot about her. I thought it was cool when she was talking about Creep and how she didn't want to do it and she wanted to be telling girls to be loyal and not cheat. The scenes of her bathing in the waterfall had a bit of a weirdness to them, but I guess she was comfortable with them being around all the time. I had no idea that there was footage of her death, so when it came to the end I was really startled and kind of upset.

There are some great shots of her where she looks really beautiful. It's well put together too. Really worth watching. Even if you didn't like TLC or Left Eye it's still an interesting documentary about a girl dealing with life.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I had no idea that there was footage of her death, so when it came to the end I was really startled and kind of upset.

cosine I was not expecting it and it was a bit disturbing to watch/hear.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I had the biggest crush on her back in the day....and was deeply saddend by her passing. You all are lucky to have met her, she seemed mad cool.

Ditto.

• mumbosaucemumbosauce 480 Posts
    I had no idea that there was footage of her death, so when it came to the end I was really startled and kind of upset.

cosine I was not expecting it and it was a bit disturbing to watch/hear.

I honestly can't believe that they showed the camera footage of the accident. that shit is kinda fucked up. But then again anything to get ratings.

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    They said they in car camera footage or the crash. Is that true?
    Yeah. It was kind of freaky. This show was done really well. I was never a fan of Left Eye's but I recommend this is well worth watching.

I missed the beginning of the doc and am somewhat disconnected from Lefteye history. So what were they even doing in Honduras in the first place? Was it some sort of family reunion? Religious retreat? Bachlorette party? Seriously I couldn't really figure out what they were up to down there.

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    I missed the beginning of the doc and am somewhat disconnected from Lefteye history. So what were they even doing in Honduras in the first place? Was it some sort of family reunion? Religious retreat? Bachlorette party? Seriously I couldn't really figure out what they were up to down there.

from WIKIPEDIA:

Lopes had already started work on both her second solo album and on songs for the fourth TLC album, 3D, when she was killed in a car accident in Honduras on April 25, 2002. She was the sole victim of seven people in the vehicle (a Mitsubishi Pajero). The vehicle rolled several times, throwing Lisa out the window. She died from severe head injuries.[1] Lisa's mother Wanda later tried to sue Mitsubishi Motors, as the Pajero was prone to rollovers.

Lopes had been in Honduras doing missionary work. She was in the process of setting up education and services for Honduran children, while also volunteering at a children's centre. It is said by those close to her that she had been undergoing a spiritual epiphany and had recently ended a month-long fast prior to her death. Her funeral was held at New Birth Missionary Baptist Church in Lithonia, Georgia. Over 30,000 fans came from all over the world to farewell their hero. Lopes was buried at Hillandale Cemetery, also in Lithonia.

The controversy over autopsy photos which had been leaked following her death led to a protest by NASCAR star Dale Earnhardt, Jr.[2] Earnhardt painted a stripe next to the left headlight decal on his #8 Chevrolet Monte Carlo for the Pontiac Excitement 400 at Richmond International Raceway to protest the display of her autopsy photos. A similar controversy befell Earnhardt after the death of his father, Dale Earnhardt, Sr. a year earlier.

Yeah, I gotta say, people who want to see corpse photos
    or death videos are in need of some serious counseling.

Is nothing private anymore? Not even death?

The controversy over autopsy photos which had been leaked following her death led to a protest by NASCAR star Dale Earnhardt, Jr.[2] Earnhardt painted a stripe next to the left headlight decal on his #8 Chevrolet Monte Carlo for the Pontiac Excitement 400 at Richmond International Raceway to protest the display of her autopsy photos. A similar controversy befell Earnhardt after the death of his father, Dale Earnhardt, Sr. a year earlier.

This impressed me, although I can't fully say why. I guess just the idea of these two worlds colliding in this way is weirdly poetic.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I never could mess w/ her rhymes but my favorite verse was her appearence on Keith Sweat - How Do You Like It Remix.

It's funny caused when the second joint came out dudes were all about "indian hair" Chilli or The Funk voiced fake blond T-Boz. But I was championing Lopez despite her childish raps.

I like FanMail.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I never could mess w/ her rhymes but my favorite verse was her appearence on Keith Sweat - How Do You Like It Remix.

It's funny caused when the second joint came out dudes were all about "indian hair" Chilli or The Funk voiced fake blond T-Boz.

I'm afraid I was.

I used to see T-Boz at Lenox mall all the time back then.

My man n'nem that worked at the Stadium Stuff cart--slangin' that Braves wear--used to always try to holler like he didn't know who she was.

Damm, I miss being a kid.

"Africa's far."

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    "Africa's far."

"You saw me in Belly with thoughts like that"

I like FanMail.

I actually liked her solo single 'Block Party' that I found on 12", I think it was released shortly before her death. Nice party rap with a summer feel, complete with her 'childish raps'. Nothing great, but highly likable.

• I'm afraid I was.

I used to see T-Boz at Lenox mall all the time back then.

My man n'nem that worked at the Stadium Stuff cart--slangin' that Braves wear--used to always try to holler like he didn't know who she was.

Damm, I miss being a kid.

Ahh, Lennox Mall...my man said Raekwon was a dick when he met him there. I used to love taking the 1 1/2 hr trip to ATL as a teenager..especially when Freaknik was really jumpin' off.

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    just watched it again. footage as the car crashes is surreal. peace, stein. . .

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

I like FanMail.

I actually liked her solo single 'Block Party' that I found on 12", I think it was released shortly before her death. Nice party rap with a summer feel, complete with her 'childish raps'. Nothing great, but highly likable.

Yeah I always had a soft spot for this as well. Had a major crush on her and, it goes without saying in my world at least, Crazy Sexy Cool is a great album.