Spokane, WA WHAT IT DO!!!!

yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
Any insights on grub, dubs and all around goodnees will be appreciated!!!PM or put on Blast!Georges

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    G,

WHY are you going to Spokane? There is NOTHING there! LOL. I have never been there, but a few years back my hommie Dave would buy a lot of furniture and antiques on the cheap out there. There was one dude who had a record store out there and would usually have some heat. Holla at the god Supreme and he can tell you if the store is still there and hook you up with dude. Other than that, I got NATHAN for ya!!!!!!!! Are you doing some country music show there? I can't think of any other reason you would be going there.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    There was one dude who had a record store out there and would usually have some heat.

That'd be Tony (formerly Grand Groove on soulstrut). His shop is called United Groove Merchants and it's definitely worth hitting up.

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    Are you doing some country music show there?

John Prine

Good looks of the spot - anyone up on food???

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    There was one dude who had a record store out there and would usually have some heat.

That'd be Tony (formerly Grand Groove on soulstrut). His shop is called United Groove Merchants and it's definitely worth hitting up.

Dude has heat, it's top dollar but you will be seriously surprised at what he comes up with.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

Dude has heat, it's top dollar but you will be seriously surprised at what he comes up with.

For a few blissful years I owned Spokane. Now Tony owns it. I don't know why, but there are good records there.

• cardovacardova 743 Posts
    Yes, Tony is a cool dude, knows his records and is easy to deal with.

• MTKMTK 45 Posts
    SpoKompton sucks ass. Best lock up your stuff before a 120 lb tweaker wiggles his way through your glove compartment and steals your mixer

On the contrary there is a Carl's Jr in Spokane

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    SpoKompton sucks ass. Best lock up your stuff before a 120 lb tweaker wiggles his way through your glove compartment and steals your mixer

On the contrary there is a Carl's Jr in Spokane

You live in Everett and you are capping on Spokane?
    That's like your eastern Washington sister city isn't it?

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts

For a few blissful years I owned Spokane. Now Tony owns it. I don't know why, but there are good records there.

Hate to rain on your parade but you didn't own anything I was just leasing it to ya' !!!! I remember going digging out there once and jake One called me to see if I found anything and I told him not much. Thinking back to that day I found major shit I just didn't realize it then! yes, you might of THOUGHT you owned it but if that's the case best believe you BOUGHT it from me. (Jokes) Yes, they have a history of having good records and I used to hit it up tough since the late 80's. Food? B Mello says Frankie Doodles.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts

Years ago Tony had insane records. Getting his trade list set off a ripple in the soulstrut space-time continuum as I remember. I traded for ensemble al-salaam, john betsch society, frank cunimondo "Sagittarius", etc. Not for free of course but hey.

Hate to rain on your parade but you didn't own anything I was just leasing it to ya' !!!! I remember going digging out there once and jake One called me to see if I found anything and I told him not much. Thinking back to that day I found major shit I just didn't realize it then! yes, you might of THOUGHT you owned it but if that's the case best believe you BOUGHT it from me. (Jokes) Yes, they have a history of having good records and I used to hit it up tough since the late 80's. Food? B Mello says Frankie Doodles.

I think you were first guy into Bobos, and that must have been great. If I wasn't a perv I never would have found it.

I was hitting the public radio station sale back in the early 90s when they were selling off the station library. I got Marva Whitney in a C&W lot at an auction there.

Not much good to eat in Spokane. I also have heard that breakfast at Franks is good.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    The good stuff in Spokane comes and goes, but when it's good, it can be... well, half decent. I only went to Tony's store once but it was great, and I plan on heading back up there when I have the chance.

Spokane used to have a lot of good Chinese food, but in the last eight years or so the quality has gone downhill. Kind of like Division.

I remember being up there a few years ago, on a day where Salvation Army was having a 1 cent sale. I didn't know this, it was about 11am or noon so most of the good stuff had already been picked out. I did make it out with some goods, though, there are a few local country/rock albums from Spokane, Coeur d'Alene, and the Cheney area that are worth looking for. Especially the one with "the vamp".

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    I wasn't able to hit up anything due to a fucking flight delay that left me stuck in denver for EIGHT HOURS!!!! By the time I got there, the show was almost over. I basically got there to settle the show, sleep and take a 6am flight the next morning.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    I wasn't able to hit up anything due to a fucking flight delay that left me stuck in denver for EIGHT HOURS!!!! By the time I got there, the show was almost over. I basically got there to settle the show, sleep and take a 6am flight the next morning.

Tell like it is my man, oh yes the life that we have! Lol........ Real talk that's usually how it is. U don't have time for or see anything but airports and if your lucky a hotel room for more then an hour tops! Sometimes I don't even understand why they even get me a room!

Tell like it is my man, oh yes the life that we have! Lol........ Real talk that's usually how it is. U don't have time for or see anything but airports and if your lucky a hotel room for more then an hour tops! Sometimes I don't even understand why they even get me a room!

Because they know you be getting the girls.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Because they know you be getting the girls.