a couple of ebay questions - should be easy

GamleOleGamleOle 508 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
Hope some of you more experienced people could help me with some ebay issues. I spend a little time trying to figure it out but I???m not quite sure yet.It???s really just the two first questions that???s important to me but i???d like to have your opinion on the two others as well. 1) Is it possible to make two ebay accounts for one person? I want privacy for my purchases. I don???t want the people who buy records from me to be able to see what I am buying for myself. I tried to create an extra account but it doesn???t seem possible. Is my only option to get someone else to create an account that I can use?2) To me it seems like it???s free to transfer money from your paypal account to a US bank account regardless the amount and it also seems to be free to transfer money from your paypal account to an EU bank account as long as you transfer more than approx. $90. Less than approx. $90 then it seems to cost approx. $1. Does this seem right? I always just spend the money I made on some other records, but lately the income have increased and I don???t buy a lot of records at the moment. Is there any issues I should be aware of when doing this? I just want everything to be straight before I transfer a big load of money.3) I live in Denmark. Is it possible to move location to Germany but keep my shipping address in Denmark?.... So when I make my feedback is made private people can???t see what I???m bidding on. I???ve seen other people do it. Do they just make up an address or do they have connections in Germany.4) Do you think it is okay to not put shipping, payment and grading info in your auctions, and just write it all under ???ME???, make a reference in your auction that say people should look under ME for all info? For me it seems more simple and focused to not have too much shit written in your auctions.

Comments

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    1) not sure about new policies on this, but i think it can be done... i guess as long as you don't bid on your own auctions, you should be fine...

2) i'm in the USA, so no idea about EU accounts...

3) i believe you can write whatever you want in your location

4) personally, i won't bid on anything that doesn't mention the price of shipping right there in the auction... if a seller can't be bothered to say how much it will cost for shipping where it should be, then i can't be bothered to bid on it. seriously, don't make a bidder have to search for your rate... it's annoying. if you really have an issue with typing your rates for every auction, then you need to get an ebay listing program to make that shit easier for you... or just make a template or something. grading is a whole nother thing...

• 6fran506fran50 266 Posts
    1) it's possible ... you just need 2 different email adress

• GamleOleGamleOle 508 Posts
    Thanks for all your help. Now this is my only unsolved question. It would also be nice to know how it is for you US people until some European hopefully comes through with an answer.

2) To me it seems like it???s free to transfer money from your paypal account to a US bank account regardless the amount and it also seems to be free to transfer money from your paypal account to an EU bank account as long as you transfer more than approx. $90. Less than approx. $90 then it seems to cost approx. $1. Does this seem right? I always just spend the money I made on some other records, but lately the income have increased and I don???t buy a lot of records at the moment. Is there any issues I should be aware of when doing this? I just want everything to be straight before I transfer a big load of money.

• HonkyFippleHonkyFipple 418 Posts

1) Is it possible to make two ebay accounts for one person? I want privacy for my purchases. I don???t want the people who buy records from me to be able to see what I am buying for myself. I tried to create an extra account but it doesn???t seem possible. Is my only option to get someone else to create an account that I can use?

you need a different email address and a different name. so if your name is josh meyer, you will have to change it to john meyer or j. meyer. your packages will still arrive, but ebay won't notice it. you can use the same real life address without any problem.

• HonkyFippleHonkyFipple 418 Posts

2) To me it seems like it???s free to transfer money from your paypal account to a US bank account regardless the amount and it also seems to be free to transfer money from your paypal account to an EU bank account as long as you transfer more than approx. $90. Less than approx. $90 then it seems to cost approx. $1. Does this seem right? I always just spend the money I made on some other records, but lately the income have increased and I don???t buy a lot of records at the moment. Is there any issues I should be aware of when doing this? I just want everything to be straight before I transfer a big load of money.

it's always free for me. the most i transferred was probably 500 euros and the least 10 euros. i never had to pay for it. i can also transfer as often as possible. it doesn't cost me anything. it takes 4-5 days.

• GamleOleGamleOle 508 Posts
    That answers all the questions. Thanks for taking the time.

• grahamgraham 201 Posts
    if you go to www.auctiva.com its a free ebay lister. This allows to put shipping grading ect in a template and just add it into each auction