Cool Finds! (NRR)

2»

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    $23 got me...

???An old jawbone (possibly from a hyena)
    ???a glass bottle (looks old)
    ???1 large zip-lock bag full of legos
    ???a green pyrex baking dish
    ???teenage mutant ninja turtle fanny pack
    ???a rubix cube
    ???a barstool (one leg is missing)

Is any of this worth money?

I used to pick up arrowheads whenever I came across them but once I figured out that I couldn't flip them on ebay I stopped caring.

Anything less than $400 for such choice items and you are entering into GRIP AND FLIP land, my friend.

I would be willing to give you $100 at most for the baking dish.

I have to make money too, you know!

It has the OG lid and everything.

OK - how about a half-finished bottle of "Smart Water", a roll of yarn (magenta), a stock Honda hubcap, and Russ Emerson - The Jogger in trade. I would be interested in the baking dish and perhaps the jawbone.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    $23 got me...

???a rubix cube

I used to pick up arrowheads whenever I came across them but once I figured out that I couldn't flip them on ebay I stopped caring.

Anything less than $400 for such choice items and you are entering into GRIP AND FLIP land, my friend.

I would be willing to give you $100 at most for the baking dish.

I have to make money too, you know!

It has the OG lid and everything.

OK - how about a half-finished bottle of "Smart Water", a roll of yarn (magenta), a stock Honda hubcap, and Russ Emerson - The Jogger in trade. I would be interested in the baking dish and perhaps the jawbone.

check your PM's.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    $5 got me another decanter for my growing collection. Here's the wife flossing some of our stuff:

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Wow, I need to stop with the arrowheads and start with the three-legged stools!

I once sold wolf stool on ebay.... I got $36.50 from a scatologist for an average-sized grey turd.

Please address any stool-related turd questions of the three-legged variety to a Mr. A Pearson. Thank you.

http://www.COOLFINDSTHATLOOKFAKE.com

(SuperPoaster2, please check out my new site!)

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    ???Milk (2%)
    ???Eggs
    ???Wonder Bread
    ???Corn Flakes
    ???Orange Juice
    ???Fish Sticks
    ???Pickles (sliced)
    ???Cottage Cheese
    ???Peanut Butter

You sound lacking in fiber.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

P.S. : that clock is bananas, is it in working order? Looks like something out of looney tunes.

The clock works......needs to be opened up and the works need to be cleaned......reminds me of one of my fave Aussie rock LP's too!!!

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

I'd like to make a "I got patina" graemlin with this one

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

Am I the only one clicking ALWAYS on those joke links even when I know they are not real?

Why can't I stop this?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Am I the only one clicking ALWAYS on those joke links even when I know they are not real?

No

Although I did find some solace in this:

http://www.resist-the-impulse.org

Although I did find some solace in this:

http://www.resist-the-impulse.org

It's down already??

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

I JUST CLICKED ON THAT BITCH

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    ???Fish Sticks
    ???Pickles (sliced)

I need these, but not that bad, so I wouldnt pay that much, I just sort of need them, but I can paypal you for them right away as long as they're, you know, a good price. Like I said, I BARELY need them, but I'll take them off your hands, cuz they're not that rare, but I suppose I should have them in my collection for completion sake.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    Wow, I need to stop with the arrowheads and start with the three-legged stools!

I once sold wolf stool on ebay.... I got $36.50 from a scatologist for an average-sized grey turd.

a cool search on ebay is for something called "coprolith." Which is fossilzed dinosaur poop. I love when they say it can be used as a paper weight....just wash your hands before dinner.

???Fish Sticks
    ???Pickles (sliced)

I need these, but not that bad, so I wouldnt pay that much, I just sort of need them, but I can paypal you for them right away as long as they're, you know, a good price. Like I said, I BARELY need them, but I'll take them off your hands, cuz they're not that rare, but I suppose I should have them in my collection for completion sake.

They are now in SC- condition (Slightly Chewed Minus), but I still want something good for them. I have some gaps to fill with ice cream sandwiches... need vanilla especially. Could maybe use some broccoli too.

holler...

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    $23 got me...

???a rubix cube

This is the reason I don't do estate/garage/goodwill. There are never enough good records to make it worthwile and I just can't resist buying that barstool with a leg missing. Anyone who has been in my shop/home knows it is overflowing with Chinese checkers boards, broken guitars, record boxes, old office machines (any one want a mechanical ten key? Don't know what a ten key is junior?) toasters and Whip Cream and Other Delight covers. All the result of not finding records but feeling the need to buy something that might be of value.

$23 got me...

???a rubix cube

This is the reason I don't do estate/garage/goodwill. There are never enough good records to make it worthwile and I just can't resist buying that barstool with a leg missing. Anyone who has been in my shop/home knows it is overflowing with Chinese checkers boards, broken guitars, record boxes, old office machines (any one want a mechanical ten key? Don't know what a ten key is junior?) toasters and Whip Cream and Other Delight covers. All the result of not finding records but feeling the need to buy something that might be of value.

All you young bucks take heed: this is what is waiting for you as the records you have(or have known) outnumber what can impress you out in the field. It will lead you to start buying all sorts of cultural flotsam and jetsam. You think you can evade it's grasp, but it's out there waiting for each and every one of you.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    $23 got me...

???a rubix cube

Always gotta piss in somebodies Wheaties don't cha Paycheck?
    I've got a couple interested arrowhead heads who want to buy the whole lot.
    Now I have to decide if it's worth the trouble of selling them myself or take the quick cash.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    $23 got me...

???a rubix cube

Now I have to decide if it's worth the trouble of selling them myself or take the quick cash.

Well I got terd headz hot for these coprolites.

coprolites?

I'm going to go Google this right now!

coprolites?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coprolite

I think I passed a couple of these today.
    I'm glad I know what they are called now!

coprolites?

It was explained three posts above your own.

The best thread of the day was your own, but you missed it.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    $23 got me...

???a rubix cube

HA HA HA!

I regret talking slick. It is clear that you are on a higher level in the Native American Artifacts Game (NAAG) than I thought.

I say you work with the interested arrowhead... heads. I hear that you can get more on ebay but a lot of these French arrowhead collectors claim they never received the items and do paypal chargebacks.

coprolites?

It was explained three posts above your own.

The best thread of the day was your own, but you missed it.

I was playing dumb for comedic effect.

HA HA HA!

I regret talking slick. It is clear that you are on a higher level in the Native American Artifacts Game (NAAG) than I thought.

I say you work with the interested arrowhead... heads. I hear that you can get more on ebay but a lot of these French arrowhead collectors claim they never received the items and do paypal chargebacks.

Alright now that you see how much can be made off artifacts, it's time to work
    out some arrowheads for reggae trade.
    What do you say JP?

arrowhead... heads.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    Wife found this yesterday for $2.98 at the Thrift....it's dated 1920 and is a clock that you apparently tell time with by the way the eyes are positioned as they both rotate......haven't quite figured it out yet but it's a keeper!!

11:50[/b]