Rutgers University Came Correct!!!

Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
Hey,I've been confiding in y'all about some of my relocation/place woes. I recently had a job visit Rutgers's School of Management and Labor Relations. The dean came with what I'll call "a mafia offer" that I can't refuse, so T**i and I are likely to FINALLY leave Milwaukee (barring some minor contract details). The Chair of the management department at Florida State's College of Business, however, put in a job offer request with the Provost of the university on Tuesday, and I've heard nothing (I assume they can't match the salary terms). I wanna thank those involved who have been patient enough to listen to my woes. I am happy as hell to be joining a great institution, and hopefully, enjoying a better quality-of-life as well. Thank God.Peace,Big Stacks from Kakalak

Comments

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Congradulations!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Thanks, man. It'll be nice to escape Alcatraz.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Thanks, man. It'll be nice to escape Alcatraz.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

I love the north east because you are a two hour drive from a whole bunch of major cities.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    shit yeah [email]p@%+#&k![/email]

we'll be neighbors... sorta. congrats.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Congrats big hommie. It been well overdue for you and T**i. All the hard work has finally paid off.

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    congrats big stacks. welcome to the "garden" state. any time you want to do some diggin feel free to hit me up. AP is not too far down route 18. peace.

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    I hear used Don Imus LP's are real cheap in New Brunswick.
    Congrats!

• HankScorpioHankScorpio 163 Posts
    Congrats, Big Stacks! May your next city treat you better than Milwaukee did.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Yeah Hank, ain't that the truth. I should be receiving an official offer letter next week. It's onward and upward, great school, Northeast vinyls, and a better life than I had here. We'll see, but I like the professional and non-work opportunities that lie ahead. Good lookin' on the love, 'Strutters. But then again, that's how we do 'round here!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Congrats, Big Stacks!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Congrats Stacks!

I foresee a future panel on "the business of hip hop" feat. DrBrown, Johnny Payycheck and others....

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Congrats, Big Stacks!

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

Congrats, big hommie and welcome to the big east. NYC and Philly both just a stones throw away... you gotta love it. Just watch them NJ state troopers when travelin' up and down the turnpike

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    oh yeah... and watch out for those nappy headed hos too. i hear they've been known to attend rutgers

Hey,

At least they have some minority representation (unlike my soon to be former institution). T**i and I are excited about the possibilities up in the "Big East." We just never felt the Midwest 'cause our folks just don't do well here and it's racist and insular up here.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Hey,

At least they have some minority representation (unlike my soon to be former institution). T**i and I are excited about the possibilities up in the "Big East." We just never felt the Midwest 'cause our folks just don't do well here and it's racist and insular up here.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Congrats mang!
    Be ready for liberal racism tho.

Hey,

I know how they do "Up North." The flipside is that there is much less social stratification in central Jersey relative to Milwaukee. Thus, the cultural side will be greatly improved (and NYC and Illadelph are right next door). Plus, there is loot in New Jeru (centrally, anyway) compared to here, and that's good!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

P.S. Some of my best friends are White!

• Congrats dude. Not onyl will you be close to New York and Philly, but New Brunswick and Princeton provide some decent respites from the cultural wasteland vibe that you find in a lot of the rest of New Jersey. Definitely check out the Princeton Record Exchange. It's far from what it used to be, but alot of good titles hit the new arrivals bin on any given day, and nothing good usually stays around very long. Also hit up Stuff Yer Face in New Brunswick for a stromboli and sample the fine hoagies of Hoagie Haven in Princeton. Don't sleep on the startling array of Indian restaurants in the South Brunswick area either. The Indian population in Central Jersey has grown at an astonishing rate and there's some real dope culinary jewels sitting in random strip malls along the side of the highway.

Yeah Dr. Brown, that's what I'm saying. Central Jersey, culturally speaking, is 1,000,000 times more enriched than homogeneous-ass Milwaukee. I had some great Thai food in New Brunswick on Thursday night, for example. There were people walking around of all hues "getting it," and not just one group of people like here. It was nice to see more prosperity across the board, the diversity of landscapes, and cultural resources available. On top of all that, Rutgers can position me to further increase my career trajectory given their (a) prestige, (b)resources, (c) program focus on my area of study (Human Resource Management) and related PhD program, (d) access to Fortune-500 organizations through their Center for Human Resource Strategy, and (e) cadre of great scholars in the HRM department. It's a win-win situation all around, and Florida State can't provide any of the above features. I just couldn't say no even if I wanted.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Hey,

This just in, yesterday, Florida State came in at the 12th-hour (finally) with a basically poo-butt offer that failed on all of my requested terms. It was almost insulting and didn't compete with Rutgers's offer at all. It was laughable at best.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Just wanted to add my congrats to the pile, Stacks. Nice work, welcome back to the Mid-Atlantic!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Dope! This is a love it or leave it area. Lots of people are out to get theirs. Parts of Bucks County PA ,which is not far, is a nice retreat from the madness too.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Just wanted to add my congrats to the pile, Stacks.

Rutgers, Dude! That's big time. I'm really glad you got the level of job you deserve and that you and wifey can move to a much more suitable place.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Congradulations Big Stacks!!!!

Welcome to Tha Bricks.......

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    Congradulations Big Stacks!!!!

Welcome to Tha Bricks.......

well done stacks! hopefully we'll cross paths sometime soon.
    know that you got friends in philly

Hey Dudes,

Thanks a lot for the love!!! It's nice to move to a more suitable location AND a more prestigious and resource-rich university. The latter concerns were less of a problem than the former location issue. Be advised to strongly consider location as well as organizational factors when selecting jobs. T**i and I have learned the hard way that BOTH are important to well-being. I'll definitely get at my "Big East" strutters when I get to New Jeruz!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    FIRST: That's incredible. I am extremely happy for you. Well deserved.

SECOND: Which campus? New Bruns, Camden, or Newark? Newark is bananas in my humble opinion. Don't know nothing about NB or Camden.

gNAT

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    congrads, mang

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    Congrats, and welcome in advance to NJ!
    Middlesex County has a GRIP of outstanding ethnic food, including Ethiopian (right in New Brunswick), as well as Indian, Thai and Vietnamese close by. You're gonna dig it.

FIRST: That's incredible. I am extremely happy for you. Well deserved.

SECOND: Which campus? New Bruns, Camden, or Newark? Newark is bananas in my humble opinion. Don't know nothing about NB or Camden.

gNAT

Hey gNAT,

I'll be on the New Brunswick campus. I signed the contract yesterday, so like Jaylib said, it's "Official!!!" (with a Madlib beat and Gap Mangione playing in the background). I also handed in my resignation to my current Dean, which was a sad conversation. He said he was working to make pay adjustments, given my success, in order to retain me. I informed him that it wasn't the School of Business at issue (which was very supportive of me, in fact), but I simply did not want to live in Milwaukee. So, a pay raise and other perqs would not have prevented my departure. T**i and I will be making a house-hunting trip shortly. We're really excited about the possibilities in NJ (and the surrounding metros).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak