What's your Karaoke Jam?

GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
We got the Happy Hour after work tonight. Thinking about tackling "Reasons", falsetto and all.

Comments

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    tie between humperdink's "les bicyclettes de belsize" and sabbath's "sweet pea"

• "Just a Gigolo/I ain't go nobody"
    Slays them every time.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    king of the road or brandy (you're a fine girl).

never got up and sang them though....

• Otis_FunkmeyerOtis_Funkmeyer 1,321 Posts
    I once did Minnie the Moocher immediately after spilling a glass of water on my crotch. I tried to play it off like I pissed in my pants. It worked.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    "smoooth operator" after a few gimlets

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    "Word Up" after a few Gin & Tonics:ewef:

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    One of these days, I'm gonna find that karaoke machine that has "Wrap it Up" by the Fabulous Thunderbirds....

'Til then, "Baker Street" is under serious consideration. I need a toy sax to bring up for that one though.

I got $5 on video of Batmon doing "Word Up".

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    I KILLED IT ONE NIGHT DOING "ALL APOLOGIES" DRUNK AND ON VICODIN. THE WHOLE BAR WAS SILENT. IT WAS LIKE I HAD CONJURED THE SPIRIT OF KURT COBAIN FOR 3 AND A 1/2 MINUTES. I RUINED IT BY ATTEMPTING THE WHOLE 7+ MINUTES OF "ROADHOUSE BLUES" LATER IN THE NIGHT.
    I SHOULD HAVE THROWN THE MIC DOWN AND LEFT AFTER THAT, ON A HIGH NOTE LIKE GEORGE COSTANZA.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

I got $5 on video of Batmon doing "Word Up".

"AAAAaawww!!!"

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    "Suspicious Minds" by Elvis

and

"It's Not Unusual" by Tom Jones

The best karaoke I ever witnessed was my friend Keith rocking out "Kicks" by Paul Revere and the Raiders as though his life depended on it. Classic.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Yo,

My karaoke joint is "Let's Stay Together" by Al Green ("Lately" by Stevie Wonder is my honorable mention, though).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• DustbusterDustbuster 278 Posts
    "Sweet Caroline" is a staple.
    If you feel ambitious, go with "Big Me" by 4 Non Blondes. I tore it down one night with that one.
    If you're with a cute coworker, "Paradise By The Dashboard Light" as a duet. This could get you in trouble. It has for me.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    We got the Happy Hour after work tonight. Thinking about tackling "Reasons", falsetto and all.

Dude, I have tried this. It was not a good look in any way shape or form. I do dig "September" though.

Anyone tried that Kareoke revolution shit? The Playstation 2 game where it scores you based on your pitch accuracy? Kinda fun cause it forces you to stay in key.

Dude, I have tried this. It was not a good look in any way shape or form.

You sound like you have weak falsetto game.

See they emailed me the list....so many choices. Maybe a Biz-inspired/Andy Bernard influenced rendition of "Benny & the Jets"?

Last time it was "Humpty Dance". Didn't even need the computer screen, just hand me the mic and drop that beat.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Doobage Brothers "Old Black Water."

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    "Sweet Caroline" is a staple.

I am also known to fucks with "Oh What a Night" by the Four Seasons.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    cheap trick "surrender"

i want to do white rabbit next time. i think it would be fun

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    "Just a Gigolo/I ain't go nobody"
    Slays them every time.

Haha... I have a friend who does this every time and puts on quite the performance. Totally killer!

I'm famous for doing Under Pressure by myself

• djJazzOnedjJazzOne 302 Posts
    Biz Markie's Just a Friend.

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    pet shop boys - west end girls

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    Bobby Caldwell - What You Won't Do For Love

• TheBeatGoesTheBeatGoes 711 Posts
    i'm most known for doing Salt 'n' Peppa's "Shoop" but i've been known to bust out some missy elliot jams like "I'm really really hot" & "Work It"

good luck on "reasons" the EWF song right? Thats the jam but i can't sing like that...thats why i RAP

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    "Wichita Lineman", "Swing My Way", and The New Bomb Turks' "This Place Sucks".

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Bobby Caldwell - What You Won't Do For Love

on this one and "Wichita Lineman" (Glen Campbell steeze). "I am a lineman for the countyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. And I drive the main roooooooooooad..."

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Ended up doin these:

"Take the Money and Run"
    "That Lady"
    "Roses"...that shit killed. It was 3 of us.

Fun times.

• TheBeatGoesTheBeatGoes 711 Posts
    man this post has me hyped about Karaoke again...i need to get back on the scene

the hard thing is signing up early enough that you get on, and then timing your drinking so your the perfect level of drunkenness.

• johnshadejohnshade 577 Posts
    "suspicious minds"

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Biz Markie's Just a Friend.

Karaokeing what is essentially a karaoke song.

I likes butchering some Sinatra myself. "come fly with me" or "how little we know".

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    dreamweaver - gary wright