The '07 Summer Jam Poast

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    you right.

well someone's gotta pick an arbitrary late spring date and make a list.

I nominate deej.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    Int'l Playas Anthem = Winner of Summer'07

or is that just in my P.M.G?

i guess sean kingston is probably the real winner though...if we are talking about urban/pop jamz.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    you right.

well someone's gotta pick an arbitrary late spring date and make a list.

I nominate deej.

June 8.5

Int'l Playas Anthem = Winner of Summer'07

Strictly PMG status. Sadly, I have yet to hear that one anywhere in New York other than my apartment.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    sean kingston is probably the real winner

*sigh*

and we are all the losers.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    seriously, song is awful.
    at least i get to gloat to emil about being right in a message board argument

• Int'l Playas Anthem = Winner of Summer'07

Strictly PMG status. Sadly, I have yet to hear that one anywhere in New York other than my apartment.

I am as disconected from today's rap as possible...And I heard this for the first time this weekend killin' time watchin' MTV...

Probably my favorite song of last 5 years; DEFINITELY my summer jam of the year.

Dre's verse bugs me at first, but at least he TRIES rapping by the end of it.

And, DAMN, that video is great; just to see all the dungeon fam and UGK kickin' it was really refreshing.

1 vote here; I hope in the real world, it at least ends up in Summer Jamz Top 10.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I was thinking about this the other day and I think 'Loso got it.

What's that?

SADLY DISCONNECTED...

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Fab?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Oh yeah, Make me better. Yeah that's the joint round these parts.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    But for real I think I'll say "Tambourine" is teh summer jam.

where's that list of candidates?

surely "buy you a drink" is a candidate. that shit seems to be all up in my gym (but perhaps nowhere else). it's annoying.

(feel free to point out that this song was actually realeased a year ago, or that it's been blowing up in your particular neighborhood for 2-3 yrs at this point or womething.)

and the fact that some of you all ride for "Fabolous" has always mystified me. Black Thought has more energy on the mic than that snoozer.

"FABULOUS!"[/b]

and the fact that some of you all ride for "Fabolous" has always mystified me. Black Thought has more energy on the mic than that snoozer.

Why is "Fabolous" in quotes--as if you question whether or not he and his purported summer jam actually exist?

Why is "Fabolous" in quotes--as if you question whether or not he and his purported summer jam actually exist?

it's my way of drawing special attention to his ridiculous moniker.

...that and because "Fabolous" is not only his name, but a state of being.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

In his gym, "Fabolous" is neither liked nor recognized.

Thus, we must categorically discount that "Make Me Better" is constantly being played and liked on just about every concrete courtyard anywhere.

Chad has spoken.

• Chad has spoken.

YOU GON SMELL MY COLOGNE

Thus, we must categorically discount that "Make Me Better" is constantly being played and liked on just about every concrete courtyard anywhere.

Chad has spoken.

^^^^ APPARENTLY RIDES FOR "FABOLOUS"; MY APOLOGIES ^^^^

Chad has spoken.

YOU GON SMELL MY COLOGNE

64 DOLLARS BITCH

Chad has spoken.

^^^^ APPARENTLY RIDES FOR "FABOLOUS"; MY APOLOGIES ^^^^

Not really, I liked him alright on Automatic with E-40. Seems like a couple of his solo singles have been decent as well. But what you are missing is that "Make Me Better" isn't only the biggest song going right now, but it's also a pretty darned good one.

Chad has spoken.

padded lavender walls + chilled evian + leotard-clad personal trainers >>>>>>> blacktop

Chad has spoken.

padded lavender walls + chilled evian + leotard-clad personal trainers >>>>>>> blacktop

damn right.

I guess deej isn't up yet.

I want to see a list of '07 potential summer jams dammit, and I am admittedly way too disconnected to generate sucha a list.

fuck this piecemeal shit.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    "Make Me Better" isn't only the biggest song going right now, but it's also a pretty darned good one.

WOW. I'm shocked! Seriously though, I would have never thought you would have dug this song.

By the way, has anyone heard the remix featuring Raekwon? They rework "Rainy Days" and it's actually not bad at all.

I want to see a list of '07 potential summer jams dammit, and I am admittedly way too disconnected to generate sucha a list.

I still say that "Tambourine" has them all beat.

As of right now, it's between...

Fabolous - Make Me Better
    Baby Bash & T-Pain - Cyclone
    Soulja Boy - Crank That Soulja Boy

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    i dont think there is A DEFINITIVE summer jam anymore. there hasnt been one in a couple years. theres def a group of songs that youll hear in constant rotation on every "urban" or "top 40" radio station, but as for a single song that's been on every commercial, and one everybody can agree on, i dont believe there is one.

beautiful girl
    rockstar
    buy u a drank
    make me better
    because of you
    same girl
    etc...

you can just check out the latest NOW THATS WHAT I CALL MUSIC.

• because of you

good call

although it's home to one of my least favorite 'Ye-isms:

"Why do I mention the solar system? 'Cause you're in my soul and system" CRINGE

because of you

good call

although it's home to one of my least favorite 'Ye-isms:

"Why do I mention the solar system? 'Cause you're in my soul and system" CRINGE

I think it's time to hit 'em with the Mase flow

• Mase >>>> Kanye on the mic

• I hear PARTY LIKE A ROCK STAR every where I go. i've never heard any of these other songs I dont think. And god I want to shoot myself every time this song comes on. Where are these guys from anyways? I'd guess, but I don't want to look foolish and/or possibly insult harvey.

I hear PARTY LIKE A ROCK STAR every where I go. i've never heard any of these other songs I dont think. And god I want to shoot myself every time this song comes on. Where are these guys from anyways? I'd guess, but I don't want to look foolish and/or possibly insult faux rillz who has officially ridden for this "jam."[/b] .