Fave zombie movie(s)

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
I doubt there has been a thread on this subject. This thread just needs to exist. There are so many good zombie movies out there its hard to say which ones. There are the low budget obscure gems like zombie samurai and so on and there are zombie movies like 28days later and the Romero classics and so on. If you have watched your good deal of zombie movies you will realize this is quite a versatile genre and can be done well in many many ways. Now drop your favorite zombie movie(s).

Comments

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    "The Poaster That Wouldn't Die"

IMG SRC=http://www.johnhenrybikes.com/images/ryanComputerNerd.jpg>

• JiggamofoJiggamofo 42 Posts

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    severance...saw this at some film festival type thing, its great, its horror mixed with comedy, it was called something like "a zombie flick crossed with the Office" and it delievered. ive noticed its now being shown in major theatres here

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I doubt there has been a thread on this subject. This thread just needs to exist.

Like most things, you are wrong about this as well. Believe it not, there was a thriving message board going on here prior to your unfortunate arrival. And it will be here long after you have sold off your groovy record collection and moved on to bother some other people.

Please turn in, I think I hear your Mom calling you.

• Return of The Living Dead
    Night of The Living Dead (1990)
    Dawn of The Dead (OG)
    Re-Animator
    Shaun of The Dead
    28 Days Later (does that even count?)

I just saw 28 Weeks Later earlier today

• snicka_gsnicka_g Hong Kong 276 Posts
    Too many to name....but here is one
    Bio-Zombie!

• vajdaijvajdaij 447 Posts
    Planet Terror

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    Return of The Living Dead
    classic as hell. avoid all the doodoo sequals.

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    Man.

Nudity.

Some dope ass lil' keyboard funk OST jammie.

A zombie vs. a shark.

It's hard to beat that clip.

Zombie movies, I dig 'em.

This book is really cool:

So is this one but not as pretty. Real basic layout w/ b&w photos only:

This isn't my favorite zombie movie:

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    OG DAWN.

and I'll throw in SHOCK WAVES since
    it hasn't been mentioned yet.

I liked the Dawn remake, too, I have to admit.

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    OG DAWN.

That's the one though for real.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    The GOAT IMO:

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    It's "frightfully funny"

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    It's "frightfully funny"

OK, OK. That's a HORRIBLE quote to put on the box, but it's one of the more clever and unique zombie movies I've ever seen. I'm definitely not an authority, but I've seen all the classics, including Zombie which is boring except for the midget VS nurse shark scene.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts

• Day Of The Dead

Me and a few friends used to watch this shit all the time:

the acting is hilarious, side splitting even.

• Co-Sign Cemetary Man, too...that one is straight bugged.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    sugar hill - blaxplo movie

• hendravishendravis 689 Posts
    I doubt there has been a thread on this subject. This thread just needs to exist.

Like most things, you are wrong about this as well. Believe it not, there was a thriving message board going on here prior to your unfortunate arrival. And it will be here long after you have sold off your groovy record collection and moved on to bother some other people.

i'm jus a lil guy but SuperCHUMP, u gots 2 chill. jus like all your other threads. u find a topic u dont kno much about . and then act like u do and wait till people start postin what they like and then all of a sudden u have an opinion like u kno these records or movies firsthand.. frankly i think you are fake and use other peoples opinions and knowelage as your own

i dont have a problem with anyobody but i cant stand wen doods/kids act like they are in the kno.. it's not a bad thing to be new on the scene, but dont act like u kno all this stuff wen u really have no clue

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts

Lucio Fulci's -Zombies Hey there needs to be a thread about Italian Horror Directors!!!

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts

It's not THAT hot, but it was shot in my home town so it gets some love.

• skattaskatta 48 Posts
    Romero's Dawn of the Dead (great sound track)
    Fulci's Zombi & The Beyond

also, not exactly a zombie movie but still...

Dario Argento's Suspiria

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts

Ok im the zombie authority around here...

As mentioned the romero movies are the best in my opinion...Dawn of the dead, night of the living dead & day of the dead.

Return of the dead, cemetery man & undead are also dope flicks....but what the hell is shock waves? Its pretty much the only movie posted above that ive not seen!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

i'm jus a lil guy but SuperCHUMP, u gots 2 chill. jus like all your other threads. u find a topic u dont kno much about . and then act like u do and wait till people start postin what they like and then all of a sudden u have an opinion like u kno these records or movies firsthand.. frankly i think you are fake and use other peoples opinions and knowelage as your own

i dont have a problem with anyobody but i cant stand wen doods/kids act like they are in the kno.. it's not a bad thing to be new on the scene, but dont act like u kno all this stuff wen u really have no clue

Hold it, how do you know I dont know a lot about zombie movies? Where ar your facts, son?

• pencilfacepencilface 674 Posts
    "Zombie Flesh Eaters" is my number 1 ---closely followed by the Romero trilogy (not the latest one though - that was fucking shit!! talking Zombies can eat my balls...) and "the Beyond" is no slouch, either. Fabio Frizzi soundtracks are

I've been after the Fabio Frizzi - zombie flesh eaters theme on 7 for ages.... i'm reliably informed it excists by some folk over at vinyl vumture. any one have a spare copy?

that "wild zero" looks good -- i'll have to rent that.

• Undead was far too corny for me to enjoy.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    "Zombie Flesh Eaters" is my number 1 ---closely followed by the Romero trilogy (not the latest one though - that was fucking shit!! talking Zombies can eat my balls...) and "the Beyond" is no slouch, either. Fabio Frizzi soundtracks are

I've been after the Fabio Frizzi - zombie flesh eaters theme on 7 for ages.... i'm reliably informed it excists by some folk over at vinyl vumture. any one have a spare copy?

that "wild zero" looks good -- i'll have to rent that.

While Romero's latest may have been subpar for Romero, it is still vastly superior to most of the Euro-zombie dreck people seem to be celebrating.

'Wild Zero' is very entertaining and notable mainly due to Guitar Wolf. Recommended.