Will anybody ride for Dan Folgelberg?

FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
Seriously. I'm open minded.

Comments

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

Did you spend the afternoon at diversity thrift? Almost half their stock last week was the Folg.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    i'm a big fan of the 70's soft rock. yeah, i said it. can't help what you have to listen to when you're 5 years old.

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    I imagine Mr. & Mrs. Fogelberg might. Maybe.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

dude.

Jim Croce, sure. Love that stuff.

Elton John...yeah, a few great songs, some decent LPs.

John Denver, sure some people equate him with total crap, but 'Country Roads' and 'Jet Plane' are great songs.

James Taylor, well, it's seriously pushing it, but I can take 'Handy Man' and his versions of some carol King songs that nobody can wreck.

But Dan Fogelgerg? That stuff is so boring it's not even dissable. I must have heard 'Run for the Roses' a million times back when I was 13, not by choice.

So close your mind, son.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    The Flugelhorn solo on "Longer" ='s

Did you spend the afternoon at diversity thrift? Almost half their stock last week was the Folg.

i fucking hate that place. $2 for a record.

Jim Croce

WORKING MAN UFWABLE

Elton John.

TUMBLEWEED CONNECTION. BROKEBACK WHEN BROKEBACK WATN'T COOL. WILL DEF RIDE.

John Denver

MULTIPLE MUPPET SHOW APPEARANCES. A PASS OR CRED

James Taylor

ALL THE BALD STRUTTERS WILL RIDE FOR SWEET BABY. PROPS FOR HITTING CARLY

But Dan Fogelgerg?

WHY NO LOVE? HE'S ALWAYS THERE FOR YOU. ALWAYS![/b]

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

But Dan Fogelgerg?

WHY NO LOVE? HE'S ALWAYS THERE FOR YOU. ALWAYS![/b]

Ubiquitous mediocrity may be the worst crime there is.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

The scariest thing of all is that this photo was taken
    6 days ago - in anticipation of a Fogey thread to come.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    In high school I went to see one of those Warren Miller ski movies, where Warren Miller actually narrates the film. So right near the start he's talking about how cool making this movie was and how he couldn't wait to share it with all of us and how he was "skiing Squaw Valley, shredding the powder when he ran into the man who composed the awesome rock soundtrack your are now enjoying. That man, Dan Folgelberg". Cue slowmo shot of the Dan emerging from a spray of fresh powder to the sound of totally unshredding easy listening rock. The silence from the crowd of teenage burners assembled was deafening.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

i fucking hate that place. $2 for a record.

you sound poor

• lepoohpoohlepoohpooh 296 Posts
    I've had fantasies of bonfiring every fogleberg within a 25 mile radius. god that would feel good

• Thanks for giving me a summer project!

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    when i was 12 that song about the phoenix rising from the flame was Big Huge Rock N Roll.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    That Old Lang Syne song is about as melencholy xmas song as you will ever hear. That's the nicest thing I can say about him.

Why no love for James Taylor? That first Apple lp? 2 versions of Knocking Around The Zoo on that demo lp? Duet with Yo Yo Ma on the Grammys ? Buddys with Danny Kothmar? Heroin addict?

Anyway, if I gotta listen to people you all are mentioning I'll take Taylor and Croce over Folgeberg and Elton. Who did that song about Vincent Van Guoh, Starry Night?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Who did that song about Vincent Van Gogh, Starry Night?

It's called "Vincent" and it's by Don Mclean

over Folgeberg and Elton.

I always thought Elton John's early LPs rose above the standard dollar bin soft fare. Hell, some of the shit on Yellow Brick Road is flat out prog. His terrible post-mid 70s output withstanding (Neil Young may be the only 70s era artist that this does not apply to?), I ride for S/T, Madman Across the Water, Tumbleweed, Honky Chateau. Great fucking records. For anything, Paul Buckmaster's strings are retarded--esp on Tiny Dancer.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts

Why no love for James Taylor? That first Apple lp? 2 versions of Knocking Around The Zoo on that demo lp? Duet with Yo Yo Ma on the Grammys ? Buddys with Danny Kothmar? Heroin addict? Tapped Carly Simon's ass?[/b]

• boodooboodoo 28 Posts
    hey is this a good time to say i like Bruce Springstein's Tunnel of Love?

i have My Hometown on 12"

call

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

I don't think it is ever a good time to say that. Not that I wasn't just repping Don McClean.